Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do Hibernian direct insure brit regs??

• 30-12-2009 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

need to bring a motor home saturday :confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

reading there assumptions they dont say anything about english motors.. hmm :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Try AXA or Carole Nash, I have insured and driven both US and UK reg'd cars.

Or have it delivered - www.nvd.ie Might work out cheaper.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

have you rang them yet OP?

the only people that can answer your question indefinately (sp) is Hibernian themselves.

but most companies will swap your cover onto a forgein registered car for a limited time. i swapped using Eagle Star last year and i had 30 days to transfar it to an irish reg where ive heard of friends with Quinn Direct that were givin no time line at all.

have you current insurance with anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

2 years ago I was in the UK, just collected my new car. I telephoned my wife, who logged on to the Hibernian Direct website, which wouldnt take a foreign registered car as a temporary subsitution!

I telephoned them from my mobile and gave them the cars reg number, no problem. She even waived the admin charge (€15 I think) as she could see I logged on a few minutes earlier!

So my answer is....yes, but not online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Be warned ; you will not be the registered owner of a Uk reg Car until you pay the VRT on it and reg it in your own name. In the event of a claim, an insurance co may not pay out as you are not the registered owner of the vehicle.
    This is why they'll ask when you ask for a quote "are you the registered keeper of the vehicle"?

Thread carefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

I had no problem insuring the jeep with Hibernian when I imported it; you may need to ring them to do the temporary transfer. I had it on for about 6 weeks while I was trying to get the paperwork sorted. No issues with it at all in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

They insured me on a UK reg no problem, just asked me to call them as soon as I got the irish plates. They even sent me an insurance disc with the UK reg on it :)

Unfortunately the deal didn't work out, went to see the car and bailed out. But as far as Hibernian goes - yeah, they'll insure you.

Advertisement