Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place in Dublin to get jeans taken in? Help PLEASE!!

• 30-12-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I bought a pair of really nice Hilfiger Jeans a few weeks ago.:)

For some very strange reason I decided to not go for my usual size of 32W and 32L, as they didn't really feel right. So instead I went for a 34W and 32L.:confused:

Now that I've washed them and worn them, they look like fcukin German Tank Commander's britches :mad:.

Maybe it was the big lunch I had that day, anyhoo that doesn't matter now:(

I obviously can't take them back as they've been washed (or so I've been told?!?!? ...is that true?)

So where would the best place in Dublin to get really good jeans taken in without making the end result look like Tesco's best €15 pair.

I'm pulling my hair out for not going with my usual size!!!! :mad:

Any ninfo would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.goldenpages.ie/Dressmakers/All_Alterations_Services/IE_13500671_9999_1001

My mam gets all her stuff done there, does a great job. Better ring up and find out though first. It's on Donore Ave just at the SCR end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Pugmister

No matter how good the alterations place is, your jeans will NEVER look the same when the waist is altered. Id personally reommend exchanging them for the correct size otherwise iv had the best results from a place on South Anne St. Its above a restaurant.....nearly all the retail outlets use this place so it has a good rep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yeah, place above Le Cave on South Anne Street is best I've gone to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Pugmister wrote: »
    No matter how good the alterations place is, your jeans will NEVER look the same when the waist is altered. Id personally reommend exchanging them for the correct size otherwise iv had the best results from a place on South Anne St. Its above a restaurant.....nearly all the retail outlets use this place so it has a good rep

So what is the retailer supposed to do with a pair of jeans that a customer has washed? Would you buy them?

Advertisement