Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Monty Python" education thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Agreed. Less of the personal remarks folks. Monty Python is something to be enjoyed, and so is Boards.ie, so let's go about this in a way that doesn't stop anyone from feeling happy here.
    +1.

Or, as the Colonel would say,
    3196806411_7cf4a1e13b.jpg
    :pac:

I do have to disagree with those of you slagging off American comedy though. There are loads of great, intelligently written American comedies; Arrested Development, Scrubs (before it lost steam), 30 Rock, Frasier, the first 4 series of Friends, The West Wing (which, for a serious drama, is freakin' hilarious) etc.

But back to my original point; Monty Python is awesome. I don't understand people who don't like it, but each to their own. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I am off to watch life of brian. Ye all should be happy......
    If i dont make it to the end, at least I've attempted it but all I can do is try, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I am off to watch life of brian. Ye all should be happy......
    If i dont make it to the end, at least I've attempted it but all I can do is try, eh?

Fair play! :) You're giving it a chance anyway, that's all that matters. In return, you should suggest everyone else on the forum watch something you like that others might hate (they probably won't watch it, but sure you can try anyway! ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

My knowledge on Monthy Python is pretty sparce but I love this...

That's it really! My dad goes on about a scene where this guy is gradually losing all his limbs but keeps trying to fight?! any ideas what I'm talking about? I'd say he'd be pretty happy if I could get him the clip on youtube...I'd be really grateful if someone told me what it was!:)

The guy in question is called the "black knight"...I think the youtube vid is on one of the previous pages in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

ATi wrote: »
    I saw Spamalot in London a year or too ago, it was excellent. The songs were hilarious and the ending was fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I still listen to the album a good bit. And I got my very own coconut shells ... they do sound just like a horse! :D

It seems this thread has turned from Monty Python education to Monty Python appreciation, but that's really out of necessity I suppose. In any case, long may this thread continue!

I saw it in London too, one of the best shows I have ever seen tbh. Even the non-python fans I went with enjoyed it immensely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

She's got biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig *makes breast gesture*..................tracks of land!

Brian " For the last time i am not the Messiah"
    Mob " Only the true messiah would deny being the Messiah"
    Brian " Fine then im the bloody Messiah"
    Mob " HAIL THE MESSIAH"

Back in the golden days of comedy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Watched the first hour. Guess it's just not for me.. :/

...maybe I just watch titanic too much :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The only Monty Python thing I've seen is Life of Brian, I thought it was really good, just never really got around to watching anymore of their stuff.
    Watched a fair few of the videos on this thread though and planning to watch some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

In all fairness to the group, I must admit that it took 2-3 viewings of "Life Of Brian" to pick up on the British accent and latch on to the brand of humour. I kept asking my buddy "WTF did he say? What'd she say?" Those were long before the days of IMDB and DVDs that had scripts on the disc.
    After the 3rd viewing of LoB, I was in stitches from beginning to end. Even now, when I watch Python flicks, I know the upcoming lines and am STILL laughing like a madman.
    Python humour IS unique ~ and this Yank appreciates their genius. :D

Have a grand New Year all!

(I still get a kick out of Stan and Loretta ~ so far ahead of its time!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I enjoy some Monty Python sketches but they are nowhere near my favourites.

Advertisement