Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Waiting League(results,fixtures,chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Liam O wrote: »
    no way should anyone be allowed to pick Argentina who actually have the 2 best players on my team plus Messi, Tevez etc.

ah lads, sure you can't start changing the rules half way through. The entry details didn't say anything about no international teams, and Argentina are a 4.5 star team. While they have a good attack (84), their midfield (78) and defense (78) are weak, particularly their keeper (77)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

When can we start playing matches?

I think its tonight give him a chance to make a roster and stuff

Just copied the template on page one. Easiest way is to pm the password to the 20 players. Decided to leave 20 spaces, the 12 that joined the other league are automatically in.

DO NOT PLAY ANY FIXTURES UNTIL ALL SPACES FILLED, AND EVERYONE HAS JOINED.

NAME: Boards Waiting 2
    Abbreviation: bw2
    Mins per half: 5
    Play each team: Twice
    Team selection: first come first serve basis... All original players can keep their original teams if they choose. You can be any team 4.5 stars and below
    League Entrants:

In green are those that have already registered in the league.
    • bonescap(bonescap) FCG Bordeaux
    • GO'S(tiernanmul94) Arsenal
    • jamegg(CaptainToastie) Tottenham
    • Liam O(LOK18) Atletico Madrid
    • McGarry9(a shane train) Sevilla
    • Nemanja91(gregGH91) Wolfsburg
    • Park Ji Sung(meeuws38) AC Milan
    • radio_protector(Exogenesis pt 3) **
    • Samurai(wonderboysam) Valencia
    • Soby(soby000) Aston Villa
    • stephen_mch(teenage microbe)
    • storybud22(storybud) Bayern Munich
    • culhane94 Juventus
    • Mjens (mjens) Man. City
    • Mack81 (mcshaniac81) Benfica
    • Srooney03 (srooney03)
    • DerryRed

NOTE:
    • List the team you pick here.
    • Password will be pm'd to all who enter before 12am monday, or when all 20 spaces are filled.
    • 8 additional spaces available.
    • If you disconnect you lose unless your opponent is nice enough to rematch
    • Please place all results here
    • Not keeping up with fixtures could get you booted from the league or deducted points

he has joined as lyon**

DerryRed wrote: »
    ah lads, sure you can't start changing the rules half way through. The entry details didn't say anything about no international teams, and Argentina are a 4.5 star team. While they have a good attack (84), their midfield (78) and defense (78) are weak, particularly their keeper (77)

read the first page it said no countries

Yeah, me too please, i thought the rules were after changing when i saw: Team selection: fitst come first serve basis...any team excluding countries,barcalona,chelsea and real madrid
    :confused::confused:

Or is it actually changed?

edit:

or if everyone doesn't mind, i picked united, and can stay as them. I've no problem at all changing, either. I'm not exactly going to be winning this league anyway. :p

re: selection of countries, I saw this on the first page, but my reading of this is someone questioning whether countries can be selected.

I don't see anything on the first page that says countries are not allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

re: selection of countries, I saw this on the first page, but my reading of this is someone questioning whether countries can be selected.

I don't see anything on the first page that says countries are not allowed.

I was just asking about that, cos i hadn't seen it before joining, I think it's fairer if everyone is a club, as in general they're more even throughout the team, if you haven't already joined, it's probably best you just pick Roma, they're similar enough quality to the rest of the club teams, and we don't want it to start off with people unhappy about team choices, as it'll lead to arguments later on in the league. If you pick Roma, there can be no arguing.

GO'S wrote:
    he has joined as lyon**

yeah, i meant to say, that i can't edit the post on page 5 anymore, so i quoted it and edited it on page 8 again.

I'll close the league at 6, and if there's anyone online then that wants to play, i'll make those the first games, and make up the rest of the fixtures too.

yeah, i meant to say, that i can't edit the post on page 5 anymore, so i quoted it and edited it on page 8 again.

I'll close the league at 6, and if there's anyone online then that wants to play, i'll make those the first games, and make up the rest of the fixtures too.
    you can make fixtures online easy if you want

I was just asking about that, cos i hadn't seen it before joining, I think it's fairer if everyone is a club, as in general they're more even throughout the team, if you haven't already joined, it's probably best you just pick Roma, they're similar enough quality to the rest of the club teams, and we don't want it to start off with people unhappy about team choices, as it'll lead to arguments later on in the league. If you pick Roma, there can be no arguing.

fair enough, I'll go with Roma.

Just tried to join, and I need a password. Can you send it to me.

fair enough, I'll go with Roma.

Just tried to join, and I need a password. Can you send it to me.

ill pm you with it

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

GO'S wrote: »
    ill pm you with it

Put me down for porto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

The link to the league table in post 1 of this thread, will that need to be changed? or can a new table be put in under that same link?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So can be start tonight for sure? Are we going with a fixture list week by week or just playing randomly?

Soby wrote: »
    So can be start tonight for sure? Are we going with a fixture list week by week or just playing randomly?

i think were gonna do fixtures

For a second their i was thinking **** is this definitely for xbox..then i seen the original thread had the Xbox tag lol

Yeah, anyone not registered by 6 tonight won't be able to join, i'm gonna change the password after. Sure we can just see who's online tonight, and arrange between ourselves who'll play who, and i'll work out proper fixtures tomorrow.

Cool..So start playing in the next hour or so?

Srooney03 wrote: »

Put me down for porto

Sorry, but you have to have registered by 10 minutes ago, the league is closed now. Nobody else can register for you.

I'm changing the password now, anyone online tonight can play away with any fixtures they like. Post all reports and results here for the moment.
    Cool..So start playing in the next hour or so?

Yeah, whenever you want, i'll be online from about 10 or so tonight, if anyone wants a game.

Villa 1 -1 Tottenham (CaptainToastie)
    79 minute i rolled the ball to him and he scored into a half empty net...what was i doing lol

Villa 1-3 Man City (mjens)
    Two rather fluke goals if he doesnt mind me saying but overall he was the better player...great passing skills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 radio_protector

(Exogenesis Pt 3)Lyon 1-0 Valencia (Wonderboysam)

I don't know how i managed to win this one, he was all over me. Seriously unlucky mate.

ill be on in 20 mins if anyone wants a game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mjens

Man City 4 - 0 Tottenham (CaptainToastie)
    Took my chances well. Good game

Man City 3 - 1 Villa (Soby)

He was right about the jammy goals! scoreline flattered me a bit it could have easily went the other way...good player enjoyed it.

Man City 1 - 5 Bayern (storybud)

Storybud + Bayern = bad news for us all!...great player cant see anyone stopping him

Man City 6 - 1 Villa (Soby)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

mjens 4-0 CaptainToastie

Never got a second on the ball. Closed down so quickly! very frustrating :)

Villa 0-7 Bayern
    Ill say no more

Villa 0 -1 Lyon.
    All over him but thats football...
    1 point from 5 games so far..not good

Villa 3 -1 Valencia

Villa 3 -1 Arsenal

Arsenal 1 - 7 Villa

Villa 1 -6 Man City

Villa 2 -5 Milan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 conordudz

Marseille 1 v 5 Valencia
    Could've been 15, onwards and upwards!!:confused:

Roma 1 Bayen (StoryBud) 5

Chuffed that I kept it down to 5 and managed a goal against Storybud. Apologies for being so defensive and negative during the game, but your reputation preceeds you. You should play with a 1/2 star team to give the rest of us a chance ;)

Roma 2 Spurs (CaptainToastie) 2

Probably played my best online game in the first half and capped it off with a great free-kick from Totti. Lost it big time in the 2nd half, and really didn't deserve to take a point.

Villa 0-7 Bayern
    Ill say no more

Villa 0 -1 Lyon.
    All over him but thats football...
    1 point from 5 games so far..not good

Villa 3 -1 Valencia

Villa 3 -1 Arsenal

Arsenal 1 - 7 Villa
    Bayern Munich 4-2 Arsenal
    was close up to about 10 mins to go when he got two goals

GO'S wrote: »
    Bayern Munich 4-2 Arsenal
    was close up to about 10 mins to go when he got two goals

How does that league from page 1 work? Do we have to enter all the results manually, or does it get it automatically somehow? It'd be very handy if it compiled the table itself.

Anyone on for a game now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

can i join the league or is it to late?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

can someone pm me the code..i dont mind if im not included in the league..ill just play casual if some1 wants a game!

• Advertisement

Milan 5-2 Villa (Soby)

Despite the scoreline, could've gone either way, he hit the post when it was 3-1 i think, and I got a few lucky breaks for some of the goals, fairly enjoyable game overall.

Milan 6-1 Benfica (mcshaniac81)

Again, scoreline very flattering, was loads of lag for the entire match(fairly sure it was from my end), and i scored a few late goals.

Milan 1-3 Man. City (mjens)
    :o
    Very good game, he was far too strong, and it should have been about 8-1, spent most of the game defending, and he came very close a lot more times, including a spectacular volley from the edge of the box coming back off the crossbar.

Advertisement