Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairgreen traffic system

Options
  • 30-12-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

is it just me or is this the most ridiculous traffic plan! All afternoon it has been chaos tryin to get in or out of the place. I'm sure the new cinema is not helping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I had to go to Electro-City beside Woodies 3 times yesterday (don't ask) and it was bloody painful. The worst part is turning right from the main road (coming from Kilkenny Rd.)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

I was moving into a new place on the burrin road 2 days ago and i found it much quicker to use the new enterance into fairgreen by auto planet to get to the house rather then queueing with the rest by pizza hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

HugoIrl wrote: »
    I was moving into a new place on the burrin road 2 days ago and i found it much quicker to use the new enterance into fairgreen by auto planet to get to the house rather then queueing with the rest by pizza hut.

You can drive through there now? That is surely going to cause havoc on Burren St(?)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

You can drive through there now? That is surely going to cause havoc on Burren St(?)?

They opened that up as part of this traffic system.

Barrack St is quiet since everyone is stuck over the other side of fairgreen :) (and it gets a lot less traffic since the bypass opened.)

kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

nagero wrote: »
    They opened that up as part of this traffic system.

Barrack St is quiet since everyone is stuck over the other side of fairgreen :) (and it gets a lot less traffic since the bypass opened.)

kevin

Now all we need is a bypass, to erm:rolleyes: bypass the bypass:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

yeah try living near the fairgreen ....it horrible getting stuck in fairgreen shopping traffic when you're just trying to get home :(

Go Home People, there's more to life than stupid sales!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭shaymousse

In fairness if people just parked in Woodies and walked over it probably wouldnt be so bad. Also if people knew how to use a roundabaout that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

shaymousse wrote: »
    In fairness if people just parked in Woodies and walked over it probably wouldnt be so bad. Also if people knew how to use a roundabaout that might help.
    Exactly. The amount of Carlow people that can't use simple roundabouts is shocking. Really if you don't understand roundabouts, or don't understand how to use your indicator on a roundabout, you don't deserve to be on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

it doesn't help when EVER EXIT has a pedestrian crossing on it either though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

ShayK1 wrote: »
    it doesn't help when EVER EXIT has a pedestrian crossing on it either though.

Agree with Shay on this one. Every bloody roundabout has a crossing. BUT BUT BUT some of these crossing dont give the pedestrian the right of way but the pedestrians think they do.
    Drivers should know the rules of the road of course but so too should pedestrians??
    There is one on the roundabout leading to Eire Og off of the Wexford road and people use this designated wealkway as is the traffic has to stop to allow them to cross. I dont think these crossings are there for that reason as there is a "zebra" crossing 50 yards away..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

The Gish wrote: »
    BUT some of these crossing dont give the pedestrian the right of way but the pedestrians think they do.

mmmm as far as i can remember when i was doing my driving test you were obliged to stop and let pedestrians on.

tbh i usually do this as in fairness it doesnt take that long to let them cross the road. what really annoys me is the ignorant f**kers who speed up when coming to a pedestrian crossing to avoid stopping or those who just plough right through them.!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

the exit to barrack street is closed off now!
    was leaving the main carpark and saw all the cars at the roundabouts, and me thinking i could avoid all just by turning right on to barrack street.....i was wrong:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah was thinking it might only be for christmas. Shame really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

afaik it was opened up by the garda to alleviate the traffic chaos caused by fairgreen shopping centre and the poor traffic management around the area from hoseys to the kilkenny road via paupish. it would take planning permission to get this entrance reopened and this is unlikely as it was a condition of the original planning that it remain closed

Advertisement