Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

warehouse express ordering?

• 31-12-2009 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭

I just ordered my first dslr woohoo (been using somewhat older stuff lol)

Thing is I used a family members card as I no longer have one.
    Anyway i ordered and it said i needed to send official ID with my address. I guess i'll send both mine and the card holder but anyway, is this normal?

I've never experienced this type of thing online before. Is it normal for this site?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Normal for them and some German places do it too. scan it in and email or fax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It's not unusual, for your first order. They're doing it to confirm that it's not credit card fraud. It's to protect you and them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Makes sense and I'll get it sorted first thing tomorrow. I'm actually surprised I've never been asked before this on other websites, come to think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

If you ever order from B & H Photo they will require ID with the first order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Makes sense and I'll get it sorted first thing tomorrow. I'm actually surprised I've never been asked before this on other websites, come to think of it.

I have used Warehouse express quite a bit and the first order with them required a simple scan of the header from my credit card statement, the part that shows, name, address and the credit card number.

I've never had any issues with Warehouse express, in fact they are one of the more reliable online retailers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

For anyone looking at the Warehouse Express option in the future - I ordered a lens from Calumet NI yesterday afternoon around 2pm and it arrived via courier to Wicklow this morning. I even haggled a free delivery out of them.

From what I can tell, Warehouse Express and Calumet are very similar in pricing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

They've just asked for name and address on official statement so the esb notification will have to do. I haven't my scanner with me so I'm going to take a picture and see if they'll accept that. *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Steer clear of Warehouse Express in Norwich if you are purchasing camera gear in Europe. Based on my experience over the last 24 hours, they are a bunch of *********. These *******'s took money from my credit card after saying that they could not accept a credit card payment. Now, they're refusing to return the money, claiming they aren't responsible. I'm escalating and they won't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ben at WEX

Joe,

As I believe has been explained, when you place an order online, your payment detail go through several security checks, both for the customer's benefit and ours.

As is the case with many online retailers, these checks are performed by an external banking organisation. To help prevent potential fraud and abuse, once the payment has been authorised it is effectively reserved pending approval of the order by Warehouse Express.

Until we receive the order and confirm that we have accepted it, the payment is never actually transferred to Warehouse Express. If, as was the case with your order, it is not accepted by us for any reason (such as coming from a country we do not ship to or the goods being out of stock), we decline the order and the payment.

The reserved funds are then returned back to the customer's account although, depending on the type of card and the customer's bank, this can take a day or two.

Whilst I appreciate that having the funds reserved (and to all intents and purposes unavailable) in your account for an order that can not be fulfilled is extremely frustrating, the fact remains that Warehouse Express have never had your money and are therefore not in a position to give it back. However, the reserved funds will automatically be "unreserved" in your account in due course.

That said, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused. I understand that the reserved funds have now been de-allocated within the credit card syste and we will be looking at our fraud checking procedures to avoid any recurrence of the issue.

Should you (or anybody else reading this) have any questions regarding this, please to not hesitate to contact me.

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

SanDisk Extreme 8GB 400x UDMA Compact Flash

Warehouse Express GBP 67.99 = Euro 82.00 + shipping costs

I bought the very same in Gunns for Euro 55.00

• Advertisement
Advertisement