Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game not running...

Options
  • 31-12-2009 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Very simply - I bought Football Manager 10 today, installed it and played it for a few hours. Now I'm trying to play it again but when I click on FM2010 in the DVD RW Drive (E: ) nothing happens. I have a Dell XPS M1530.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Click on Start -> Games.........It should be in there. Let me know how it goes....you can send a shortcut to the desktop then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

It is indeed there, however when I pres all I'm getting is a folder with three FM files and a XML document. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Orizio wrote: »
    It is indeed there, however when I pres all I'm getting is a folder with three FM files and a XML document. :confused:

Thats the folder for it, you need to find the .exe

Start -> Search for football or manager

A list will appear, click on the one that has the little grey logo with the yellow '10' on it.

Oh crap, I think I remember that happened to me......I can't think what I had to do, maybe right click on it and run as administrator.....or I had to rename the FM file to .exe or something....Sorry I can't really remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Just tagging on a question here, think I know the answer already though.

Bought Fm ages ago but I left the cd at my gaff in Ireland and I wouldnt mind playing on it. Didnt install it via steam (hate steam) so im guessing there's no way i can play it without the cd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Just tagging on a question here, think I know the answer already though.

Bought Fm ages ago but I left the cd at my gaff in Ireland and I wouldnt mind playing on it. Didnt install it via steam (hate steam) so im guessing there's no way i can play it without the cd?

Afraid not...

What you could though is install via steam now. Have someone at home e-mail you the CD key from the box, then go onto the 'My Games' list on Steam and down the bottom hit 'Activate a product on Steam' enter your CD key and hey presto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I re-installed it via Steam, its currently back working.

Another really stupid question - how do I take over as reserves/youth manager of my club?

Orizio wrote: »
    I re-installed it via Steam, its currently back working.

Another really stupid question - how do I take over as reserves/youth manager of my club?

Hmmmm. To be honest I usually let one of my coaches handle it. If you click on your menu and go to 'team settings' I know the option to set a coach to manage them is there, I think there's also an option to take control of them yourself....

Advertisement