Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending food & bits and pieces from Ireland to NZ?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Hi

just wondering from peoples experiences what can and cant be sent via mail to new zealand?my friend wants things like rashers and tea bags...am i ok to send these?

also,estimated delievery time to people in new zealand?

thanks people :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

also,a particular tonic wine...will my friend have to pay an import tax on it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JamMasterG

Yeah bro, those things, food/clothes, is no problem. Takes about five working days to get there.
    I assume your taking the piss about the wine :D, but if not, can't help you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

barryd09 wrote: »
    Hi

just wondering from peoples experiences what can and cant be sent via mail to new zealand?my friend wants things like rashers and tea bags...am i ok to send these?

also,estimated delievery time to people in new zealand?

thanks people :)

Its not allowed normally but it may get through.
    New Zealand is one of the strictest countries on imports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

You might want to check the Aus/NZ forum. There's a link under my user name.

Sweets and things are fine but I don't think you've not a hope in hell of getting rashers through. You can't bring meat, any animal products (e.g. animal based souvenirs like alligator skin) or fruit and vegetables in to the country so I don't think you'd be able to send them.

They're very strict on it. Check out the DOC (department of conservation) or customs websites to confirm.

Also, wine? NZ wine is great and also can be got for a very good price here. Don't even get me started on vineyard tours. That is my favourite thing about NZ.

mmmm wine!

Advertisement