Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Rougies wrote: »
    So it all gets pushed forward again :(
    A two week cold spell and all I've seen is a hail shower and a flurry.
    The mountains looked more impressive in October 2008 than they do now!!
    I can't take this anymore :o
    mmmmmm, it all gets pushed forward again.......you said it!
    3 degrees is not a cold spell at this time of year if you ask me. It was 3c yesterday and that was BEFORE the "cold" spell arrived. As for todays brief hail showers - I've seen better in April!
    I know I sound a whinger and negative but its not even cold in Scotland either!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

We had some decent snow showers in Kilcullen, Kildare over the last few hours, and now have a nice white covering - not deep, but sticking on everything. The curragh got a bit of a dusting as well.

Still snowing (lightly) intermittently, and skys are very dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    is there a site for the national cet for ireland as a whole like the one on nw for the whole of the uk?

There is no "central english temperature" for Ireland Owen :D, but temp means can be easily monitored for Ireland here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

I'm re-naming my location as - Waterford the snow-barren land of rain and disappointment....:mad:

moderate hail shower
    3.3/0.2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

is there a site for the national cet for ireland as a whole like the one on nw for the whole of the uk?

This is the closest you'll find - http://www.climate-uk.com/page2.html

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

For those of you that might not have seen it last night (ie those who go to bed at a resonable, decent hour!) heres a picture to lift your spirits a little, it was rewarded to Mech1, for making the 1000'th post in the previous thread! :D

shhhhnow.jpg

Anywayyyyyyyy, temp 2.1c and DP of 0.7c here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Temps been dropping the last hour or so, now it stands at Temp 4.5c and DP 1.1c. Nice dry day with a few bursts of sunshine at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

im looking out window - sky went smokey brown - can see across fields through Catty Gallagher & right throughbottom of where pilon is at dublin mtns.... Its pissing snow down there...... its mad watching it snowing about 10 miles away..... Its the point where the old m50 meets the new at ballinteer

With dewpoints like we are having,this air is only slightly colder than last nights.
    Enough for inland snow not coastal.

Compared to Easterlies of yore - this is nothing and certainly not meritorious of the description "severe spell-except in terms of inland frost and boring ice..
    If we are having a week or two of light hail sleet and snow showers with just the tiniest dusting on the low ground,you can have it back thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

C'mon Irish Sea! Evaporate that polluted radioactive slurry you call water!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

31/12/09 Dublin Mountains, stocking lane, 400m
    started to snow as I was leaving but prob was going to be just a short shower of snow
    I went up to day about 13:00 to check if there was enough snow for some snowboarding tomorrow or the next day and thought i would post some of the photos from today.
    a few more on the pic page
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63725514#post63725514

31122009308.jpg
    31122009309.jpg

Coyote

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Supercell wrote: »
    This is the closest you'll find - http://www.climate-uk.com/page2.html

so our monthly average for december is -2c!:eek:

lashing rain here now.
    Totally totally useless.

3.2/0.6

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Coyote wrote: »
    started to snow as I was leaving but prob was going to be just a short shower of snow
    I went up to day about 13:00 to check if there was enough snow for some snowboarding tomorrow or the next day and thought i would post some of the photos from today.

31122009308.jpg
    31122009309.jpg

Coyote

Looks amazing!!! Especially the second pic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

There is no "central english temperature" for Ireland Owen :D, but temp means can be easily monitored for Ireland here :)

Doesn't include NI - probably have to go somewhere like here for that

Coyote

Nice. At least that wonderland is only a 10 min drive from here.

C'mon Irish Sea! Evaporate that polluted radioactive slurry you call water!

:D:D:D

lashing rain here now.
    Totally totally useless.

3.2/0.6

Patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Hills to my East are after getting plastered as can see in my webcam http://www.carlowweather.com/wxwebcam.php

• Advertisement

Patience!

It's wearing very thin for a lot of us over here! Look at the synoptics, look at all the hype, look at the wind direction, and it's almost January and we're getting fckuing rain showers!

so our monthly average for december is -2c!:eek:

That would be the deviational, rather than the actual figure Owen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Coyote

Seriously impressive pics, unreal amounts of snow up there, we were soooo close to something awesome yesterday.

Hard to believe this was taken in Ireland!!!

31122009311.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

It's wearing very thin for a lot of us over here! Look at the synoptics, look at all the hype, look at the wind direction, and it's almost January and we're getting fckuing rain showers!

I understand your pain, more than you know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

There was a hard frost here in Donegal last night, suprised because as i went to bed it was wet and stormy , this morning is dead as a doornail and very dry.

continuing with the rain with some sleetyness. muck here

Croghan looks buried in snow,I think it would have had the 24hrs of rain as total snow.

Very dark here so a light extra covering for the inland areas off this little train I'm under.

2.7/0.6

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

News bulletin on FM 104 just said that there will be no let up on the cold snap for the next week to 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Lovely dry cold day here in the sunny south east, Moderate cloud cover and had a light hail shower about twenty minutes ago.. Nothing major to report so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

I understand your pain, more than you know it!

+1

there seems to be a hole permenantly above me in the clouds - Can see straight up & blue sky meh:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Supercell wrote: »
    Seriously impressive pics, unreal amounts of snow up there, we were soooo close to something awesome yesterday.

Hard to believe this was taken in Ireland!!!

31122009311.jpg

It is like that on top of the coleraine mountain maybe a couple of inches less than that, so far it has been like that now for over 2 weeks, some trees have actually feel over about the same size as that! as for cet will just leave at 2c for here for december...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement