Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Rougies wrote: »
    yep, that shower train has Bray firmly locked in it's sights. Enjoy!

I told ye it would :D:D

She has herself timed for precisely the moment i walk out the door :D:D

what will we see? is this really happening?

They say it will look almost like a bite has been taken out of the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Did I hear somebody mention earlier that the wind is expected veer more easterly later before turning back northerly?
    /clutching at straws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

The snow around laragh is fantastic. A few hundred feet up and it is impassable! I took my 4x4 up there at 4 this afterrnoon in a blizzard and stopped a hundered metres before Glenmacnass waterfall. Drifts of over 4 feet and i CAN ONLY IMAGINE what it is like in Sally Gap. Closed off and way until the snowploughs get through. Probably drifts of 5-10 feet by now. Am going to take lots of photos tomorrow and will post them on the site afterwards. Snow on its way to the Dublin region especially on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Well my DP has just hit -1c and air temp 0c......tis frost time from here on in! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭sarsfield06

Just back from a trip up the Dublin Mountains, there was on and off snowfall at 3.30pm, lower down there was hail.

Photos of snow here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783665

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think BB's lost it!

Think Wicklow coasties will wake up to nice 2-3 inch covering

Would like to be 30 miles further south of here, just at the northern shower limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Just back from a trip up the Dublin Mountains, there was on and off snowfall at 3.30pm, lower down there was hail.

Photos of snow here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055783665

Holy *£$% !!!
    Cheers for the pics.

20747_227103399316_584929316_3210931_691888_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

I'm up at 4am for work, i'll miss the new year count down. my only hope is that i get snowed in. living in meath, working in dublin, what are my chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Temp 2.2c and DP 0.2c. Fantastic bright moon out. Really lighting up the sky. Looks like we are in the track of those showers coming off the Irish sea so hopefully we might see some action soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Just back from a walk and it was snowing at about 5:30 here, roads badly frozen I'd say were stuck in for the day tomorrow by the looks of things...

So having a debate would this be classed as a white christmas or almost a white christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Whats happening to everything?
    All irish terristal tv channels off, cant get 2fm ,rte radio or any other irish station on the radio either?
    Tried to watch live tv on rtes website ,stopped working too! lol
    Something to do with the weather perhaps? At least boards is still here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Just went outside - seems to be a small bit of lying snow in my estate in Lusk - cold out there too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I think BB's lost it!

Would like to be 30 miles further south of here, just at the northern shower limit.

You won't be at the Northern Limit for long

Situation now

coamps-2-6.png?31-16

Situation at Midnight

coamps-2-12.png?31-16

7am

coamps-2-18.png?31-16

I think quite a few places will be white in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

I think BB's lost it!

& would my Teach happen to be 30 miles sth of you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Just back from a walk and it was snowing at about 5:30 here, roads badly frozen I'd say were stuck in for the day tomorrow by the looks of things...

So having a debate would this be classed as a white christmas or almost a white christmas..

Depends where you live really doesn't it. I'd say grace7 would have something to say if you said it wasn't and i think all of us down south would have something to say if you said it was!

Classed as a white christmas wherever there was snow on the day, duh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Pangea wrote: »
    Whats happening to everything?
    All irish terristal tv channels off, cant get 2fm ,rte radio or any other irish station on the radio either?
    Tried to watch live tv on rtes website ,stopped working too! lol
    Something to do with the weather perhaps? At least boards is still here! :)

Perhaps Rougies exagerated snow prediction radar has really come about!!! :eek:

So where do you guys expect the snow to fall tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Oh please let it snow here, snow gods. I've been waiting since 1987 for a decent up to my knees snowfall :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

baraca wrote: »
    Depends where you live really doesn't it. I'd say grace7 would have something to say if you said it wasn't and i think all of us down south would have something to say if you said it was!

:D

Well how much snow decides if its a white christmas, also because its new years eve should it be classed as a white Christmas.. hmm time to pop open a beer and let it decide.

Nice bit of heavy snow here now.

Snoddy wrote: »
    Oh please let it snow here, snow gods. I've been waiting since 1987 for a decent up to my knees snowfall :cool:
    How high are ur knees ? :p
    If your anything around the size of gerry murphy in that pic, u may well be up to ur knees sometime soon. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Johnstown Castle reporting a light snow shower at 1800, temp +1, dp -0

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I think BB's lost it!

Clear skies here, bugger all shower activity, bah humbug!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Hey guys, guess what? Its snowing now in wexford town. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

Snowing lightly here, not enough to stick though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

baraca wrote: »
    Nice bit of heavy snow here now.

Where is here

It has Bern ghe most. bizare weather in Arklow area. All area around Arklow/avoca have snow but none in Arklow/avoca. Here is to q white new year, for the sake of the kids of course

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

No snow yet but the temp is really dropping now, decking out the back has turned lethal in the past hour or so.

• Advertisement

joes girls wrote: »
    Hey guys, guess what? Its snowing now in wexford town. Happy days!

Surely is, Grounds a bit wet though be nice if it got heavy enough to stick!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement