Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I think SC above could be right I'm afraid - looks on the radar as if it's all drying up now!

these showers are bubling up out of nowhere in the irish sea. i think we will see more in the next few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Temp 1.8c DP -0.4c. A bit breezy. Clear sky and no sign of those showers reaching us yet. Moon getting slighty eclipsed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Some frost this is 1c the whole night so far when is this damn cloud going to move away!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

inabina wrote: »
    these showers are bubling up out of nowhere in the irish sea. i think we will see more in the next few hours.

Maybe in Wexford or even Waterford, Wicklow northwards, I'm increasingly dubious. Hope a surprise shows up!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Snow in Bray.

At last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Snow in Foxrock about ten minutes ago:

DSC_0483.JPG

DSC_0474.JPG

DSC_0490.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

But not in north Dublin! -0.3C with DP of -2.1C and bypassed by showers!!:mad:

stebishop wrote: »
    gah, pic not working

Ditto. have pics been disabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

sticking everywhere now in blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Cold here but dry. Happy new year to everyone on the boards. Now to get drunk.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

1 to 2 cm in Cabinteely now. More hail than flake, but nice covering. Not much, but enough to excite the young lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

newbie2 wrote: »
    Snow in Bray.

At last

video feed please to confirm

Supercell wrote: »
    Maybe in Wexford or even Waterford, Wicklow northwards, I'm increasingly dubious. Hope a surprise shows up!

latest radar at 18.45 shows how that shower in south dublin gaining momentum and a little tail forming behind it.....its not over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

NO SNOW IN FIRHOUSE:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Decent little streamer in South Dublin/Bray
    Hope that moves a tad south ! :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

will be soon

img-0975.jpg

Dalkey hill should be good for sledging tomorrow morning/right now, ahh memories of youth :)

a1m1m1o1 wrote: »
    NO SNOW IN FIRHOUSE:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

its so marginal. dont give up hope. the night is young. we must be on the edge of it here in Sandyford if you are getting nothing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

How unlucky is that a streamer sets up and it misses the south east by inches, if you follow the clouds coming of england you will see what i mean the streamer is just finishing now!!!:mad::mad: link below

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Still nothing here, however the clear skies have made looking at the partial lunar eclipse possible.. It seems to be missing the bottom right corner at the minute !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

the lunar eclipse 10 mins ago, should be at its best now

more pics to follow later

100408.jpg

sandyford, 0.6C, still snowing, footpaths begining to whiten.

Very cold tonight with widespread severe frost and a big danger of icy roads. Most areas will be dry, but sleet and snow showers will affect the coastal areas of east Leinster and also the far northwest. Air temperatures will fall to between zero and minus 5 degrees generally, and as low as minus 8 degrees in places. Patches of freezing fog may form inland as winds fall light. doesn't look like much cloud to perform anything spectacular tonight.

WEB_sat_ir_irl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Check out Lunar Eclipse, bottom right hand corner

burkieboy wrote: »
    How unlucky is that a streamer sets up and it misses the south east by inches, if you follow the clouds coming of england you will see what i mean the streamer is just finishing now!!!:mad::mad: link below

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

But that is most definitely a streamer also affecting south Dublin and Bray. They could do well there in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

zenno wrote: »
    all weather information points to snow on the east coast by 2AM and thats in the dublin area and drogheda

dont think so,but cheers for trying to cheer me up

met radar at 19.00 showing alot more shower formation in Irish Sea. The night is VERY YOUNG!:D:D:D;)

• Advertisement

jambofc wrote: »
    dont think so,but cheers for trying to cheer me up
    i'll go out now to the back yard with my bottle of jd and will snow. if it doesn't work at least i tried

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement