Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

zenno wrote: »
    negative dude i have not seen a bit of it at all in north co. dublin serious

hope both of our wish's come true ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

its snowing pretty nice here, moonlight fading.
    Not proper cover everything in 10 minutes like proper mountain snow, but its nice all the same :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

10010100_3112.gif

This is the high res of the ukmo for midnight,looks promising if nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Pangea wrote: »
    sickened ,missed the eclipse, was it anyway good looking?
    Just a bit covered didnt seem spectactular from the photo.

Wasn't that great but then I only remembered it at last moment

5F65167480DC487B89D0A21CC96B37B8.jpg

Damn,tried to post the video here but it wouldnt work!! :(, but, if any of ye have Facebook go to my page below to see secret, leaked footage of the RTE weather crew up in the Dublin mountains today!! :p

http://www.facebook.com/#/CroppyBoy1798?ref=profile

LOL :D

• Advertisement

owenc wrote: »
    I ask again waiting for a reply as to when this crap cloud is going to move!

You seem to have a nasty demanding attitude. These people are not here just to answer your questions. Chill out .

Sorry mods. But thats how I feel.

I suppose I should slink off now, before I get a banning...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

Damn,tried to post the video here but it wouldnt work!! :(, but, if any of ye have Facebook go to my page below to see secret, leaked footage of the RTE weather crew up in the Dublin mountains today!! :p

http://www.facebook.com/#/CroppyBoy1798?ref=profile
    ha ha brilliant
    needed a laugh since theres no snow to cheer me up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice little snow shoer here now. fluffy lovely ness :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

lets hope it doesn't turn out like this at 12 tonight noooo not again.

red_snowmen.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Right, I propose a boards weather meet up somewhere where there is a lot of snow on the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. We need Supercell, BB etc to be our guides and take us to somewhere where we can see at least two feet of snow with 4-5 foot drifts... deal? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wicklowgirl

Supercell wrote: »
    Nice little snow shoer here now. fluffy lovely ness :D

Here's hoping that shower will come to Rathdrum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

redsunset wrote: »
    10010100_3112.gif

This is the high res of the ukmo for midnight,looks promising if nothing else

LOL! Looks like rain for Dublin.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Right, I propose a boards weather meet up somewhere where there is a lot of snow on the Dublin/Wicklow mountains. We need Supercell, BB etc to be our guides and take us to somewhere where we can see at least two feet of snow with 4-5 foot drifts... deal? :pac:

I'm in, just tell me the time and place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Gonzo wrote: »
    I guess after 2 weeks its game over for snow in Co. Meath, in the past 2 weeks this is what was achieved around my location:

Thursday 17th December - 1st day of cold spell.
    Heavy rain followed by a 5 minute snow shower that melted instantly due to soaking conditions followed by a hard frost and days of dazzling sunshine - frost continues for a few days

22nd/23rd December - showers came in along east coast and brought temperatures from -2C up to about 4 or 5C delivered mild wet muck through the night then back to frost.

Christmas Day - Heavy frost followed by cold rain at 0C, washed away most of the ice followed by a 3 day milder interlude.

29th/30th December - Over 48 hours of wet muck and stormy winds

31st December- 15 minute light snow shower then sunshine afterwards with no more signals of any showers with an end in sight to the cold snap in a few days.

Of all the times we've been let down in the past 10 years through mostly non-events this one has to be the greatest and most dissapointing waste of potential ever.
    What snow?
    I've had nothing but rain with a few flakes this evening.
    I'm very chilled actually!
    Just I suppose realising like Gonzo what an utter nonsense this cold spell is.
    I'm not too terribly excited by a quick flurry and a cover on a car windscreen either.

I guess I wanted at least some of what the models were hyping up and I am now expecting one big backtrack preceded by some sleety showers and a long dry cold spell.

all is not lost :eek:
    streamers forming in between N.I and isle of man

pleaz pleaz pleaz
    for the kids like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Damn, just missed the last streamer here! -0.5c ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Latest radar looks "nice" for here. Bet we still miss out :(

jambofc wrote: »
    all is not lost :eek:
    streamers forming in between N.I and isle of man

pleaz pleaz pleaz
    for the kids like ;)

Lol, yeah, what Jambofc said, for de kids.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

the irish sea is really coming to life now, fingers crossed, edge of the seat stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

actually 6am looks better for dub and more inland if this is were to happen

10010106_3112.gif

still early days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Back from the Dublin mountains about an hour now - deepest snow I've ever been in. Photos here; http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63730117#post63730117

Latest radar update shows a sudden pep up in Irish sea showers.
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not a snowflake for the last hour here in Cabinteely, is that it for the night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

www.raintoday.co.uk - anyone in Skerries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 qwaszx123

Light snow shower here in Glenageary. But it's completely stopped now and looks like it's already melting a little.

Sorry for going against the grain here but I'm hoping for no more snow and some unseasonably warm weather in the new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Jake1 wrote: »
    You seem to have a nasty demanding attitude. These people are not here just to answer your questions. Chill out .

Sorry mods. But thats how I feel.

I suppose I should slink off now, before I get a banning...:)
    I put him on ignore days ago, so that is one reason why I don't answer...
    So I ask others not to quote so I don't lay eyes on the drizzle.

1.5C/-0.4C
    Lamp post needlessly wasting leccy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Check out Ireland back in December 2000!

misr_ireland_snow_lrg.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Clouding over here again - wind has changed direction slightly. Back into the snow showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

darkman2 wrote: »
    Clouding over here again - wind has changed direction slightly. Back into the snow showers.

where would that be?

december 2000! and theres a big gap in the dublin area as usual. man all we get here are the leftovers.

• Advertisement

just had pic sent to me Shankill is white, my old house not happy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement