Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

heh I meant western side obviously
    Anyhow.
    Signing off for now
    HNY folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Am I right in looking at the radar animation that we may get a drop in Kildare ???? !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Yeah it looks great. Only thing is, I think its more hail than snow. Enough there now though to build a hail-man!

Massive snowball going off all over parts of my estate - brought the dog out for a trot while it was coming down and we passed about 3 different snow\hail ball fights :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

MUSEIST wrote: »
    ITS SNOWING

in sweden

huh mix of cloud and sun... http://www.weathercity.com/se/stockholm/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Happened to go out to get something out of the car and it's covered with SNOW!!!!!!.. Ground white and coming down still. (Rivervalley, Swords)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

ragg wrote: »
    Massive snowball going off all over parts of my estate - brought the dog out for a trot while it was coming down and we passed about 3 different snow\hail ball fights :)

Shame its not pure snow, still... better than nothing, and from out the window it looks like snow.

Easing off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Am I right in looking at the radar animation that we may get a drop in Kildare ???? !!!!

Just told my brother who lives in Robertstown that it looked like the snow would reach him in a while based on the current radar!

Lady_North wrote: »
    Happened to go out to get something out of the car and it's covered with SNOW!!!!!!.. Ground white and coming down still. (Rivervalley, Swords)

yep thats correct it's snowing in swords co. dublin now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Shame its not pure snow, still... better than nothing, and from out the window it looks like snow.

Easing off now.

Definitely snow here! Just been out to check; and it's snowing at the moment.

that ufo at the estuary is bugging me...

200064_l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

There has been another flurry since last I looked, place is nicely covered, just a dusting mind. Need a prolonged shower to build up any decent accumulations.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Feck off the lot of ye - supposed to be flying to the States tommorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

zenno wrote: »
    that ufo at the estuary is bugging me...

Turn up your computer and play this tune to it and see if it responds! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

1.7C/-0.3C
    Hailing again

thats good. by the sounds of things the snow clouds are starting to mingle closer together as the hours go by which is a good sign. let's hope it goes that way further through the night.

So whos not going out tonight but are staying in instead watching dew points and radar images?? :p

-1.6c here and DP of -2.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Snowing in Wicklow town :D

Turn up your computer and play this tune to it and see if it responds! :p

LOL ok i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

any chance of it hitting kilkenny i think not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Still a clear night here, no sign of that big lump of snow to our east pushing in over us :mad: Temp 0.7c and DP -1.5c

good film that was for 1977. snow eased at the moment.

channaigh wrote: »
    any chance of it hitting kilkenny i think not

Dont hold your breath channaigh, I doubth, unless those showers really group together that they'll make it far inland.

3 hour chart from met eireann:
    3hr-rain.gif

The showers are being decimated once they make landfall.

Issued at 31 December 2009 - 21:56

Snow Warning

Snow showers affecting east Leinster will die out by the middle of New Year's Day. However snow showers will persist in northern and western parts of both Ulster and Connacht. In all parts of the country, ice will form on untreated surfaces and may persist during daytime

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I am now peeed off looking at radar for 2200 - looks like that 'streamer' is going to slam into everywhere south of me and the one to the north is weakening.

Only thing saving me is the bottle of cava I have already consumed - going for another! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Smokey Bear

Snowing in blanchardstown and sticking.

zenno wrote: »
    good film that was for 1977. snow eased at the moment.

Y'know, now that I think about it I dont think I ever sat down and watched all that movie, only ever seen bits and pieces of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Big hail shower in Greystones. Everything is white!

we never get snow feck ye all:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

channaigh wrote: »
    we never get snow feck ye all:):D

Whats your location?

• Advertisement

kilkenny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement