Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

mad DIY wrote: »
    Am I imagining it or have the showers started to move in an almost due westerly direction?

Yes direction changing alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Just had a bit of craic during the last heavy hail shower in Bray. I am a responsible Green Laser Pointer owner that I primarily use for Astronomy. I shined the beam into the sky which from my perspective looked pretty cool. The green beam shining to the cloud ceiling with bright flashes along its length as hail fell through the beam. The thing about GLP's though is that even the powerful handheld ones are hard to see off axis. You have to be within a few feet of the user looking up along the beam to see it. In the case of my 10mw one from about 20ft away from me you wouldn't see it the beam at all.

....That is unless there is hail falling through the beam being illuminated in bright omnidirectional flashes.

Within a few seconds of turning the laser on from my back garden I heard a load of kids outside watching the hail start squeeling in excitement. I rapidly drew a cone in the sky with the laser (spin it in my hand) From their perspective a distance away they wouldn't see the beam itself. They'd just see thousands of bright green flashes flashing in the air 100ft in front/over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

it looks good so far. got a nice camera ready for a few good shots if it does come down heavy later.

i can't resist funny weather coming out of their a*ses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1_wDVKOTjI

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Wow, hail there and the sky has turned.... I'm expecting snow now !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

ITS A BOY!!!

Charlie was born this eve weighing eight pounds. Mothere and baby doing great. Coming home tomorrow night. What a day but all is well that ends brilliantly. Thanks to those who posted earlier asking. I was looking at boards in the hospital during the long day but did not get to reply. Thanks guys and gals.

Wolfe

ps. delighted to hear that so many of you saw snow :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

More snow falling now in D6. Small flaked stuff that tends to accumulate stealthily

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Snowing mad down here now!!!:)And it's staying on the ground:):):)

CONGRATES WOLFE, what a great way to end the year:)

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    ITS A BOY!!!

Charlie was born this eve weighing eight ounces. Mothere and baby doing great. Coming home tomorrow night. What a day but all is well that ends brilliantly. Thanks to those who posted earlier asking. I was looking at boards in the hospital during the long day but did not get to reply. Thanks guys and gals.

Wolfe

Congrats WolfeIRE... 2009 baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

got a good dusting here, nice enough for a half hour outside with the kids coz ground frozen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

A cm of snow frozen with about 2 inches of hail on top atm.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Just had a snow shower here and it stuck!! stopping now but i don't care :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

More hail... Whats going on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

ITS A BOY!!!

Charlie was born this eve weighing eight ounces. Mothere and baby doing great. Coming home tomorrow night. What a day but all is well that ends brilliantly. Thanks to those who posted earlier asking. I was looking at boards in the hospital during the long day but did not get to reply. Thanks guys and gals.

Wolfe

big congrats great news but i would say your son is slightly heavier then 8 ounces:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

whitemocha wrote: »
    big congrats great news but i would say your son is slightly heavier then 8 ounces:D:D:D
    LOL...YEAH pounds. they pile it on so quickly after a bottle or two.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

francosp wrote: »
    Congrats WolfeIRE... 2009 baby :D

Congrats what a birthday forever...

Sleet. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

ITS A BOY!!!

Wolfe

Congrats!!!

This bodes well!! Every father has a story to tell his son about the day he was born.
    Son, we had just got you home from the hospital on New Years Day 2010 when we were hit with the best snowfall in 20 years....Its 2020. You're 10 years old now son. Don't worry the Euro Met AI Mainframe has guaranteed the best snow since 2010!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Many congrats dude!:)

ITS A BOY!!!

Charlie was born this eve weighing eight pounds. Mothere and baby doing great. Coming home tomorrow night. What a day but all is well that ends brilliantly. Thanks to those who posted earlier asking. I was looking at boards in the hospital during the long day but did not get to reply. Thanks guys and gals.

Wolfe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Congradulations Wolfe, best wish for the new addition! :)

Well done wolfe! Many years happiness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

ITS A BOY!!!

Wolfe

i'm happy for ye man. :) have a good one.

Sleet... :mad:

ITS A BOY!!!

Wolfe

Congratulations !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WolfeIRE
    ITS A BOY!!!

Wolfe

Congratulations. Best New Year pressie you could get....... Love the name too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

"Powder in the City " not flakes yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Heavy enough shower now in malahide, estate is all white :D Will try get pictures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

A nice dusting of snow here in West Dublin. Finally! :D

Road outside here now is white (D6). It's not a side road either. More to come I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Congrats to you both, Wolfe. Thats what life is really about. Best wishes.

PS You'll be able to do the nighttime weather reports (2am, 3am, 4am 5am & 6am) from tomorrow night on, :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Turned to snow here now near Malahide and it's a whiteout for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement