Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Is'nt it MAGICAL!!!......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

Happy new year everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

gerard65 wrote: »
    Looks like thats it from the irish sea for dublin, nothing brewing up, enjoy!

That I think was the major event, but I hope there will be smaller showers bubbling up off Dublin through the night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Dont think so, chart for 2am

3hr-rain.gif

Might have to stay up for that.
    I'm like a child I know! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lets hope that all the co-ordinated cloud seeding that went on at the stroke of midnight does the trick for more snow!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

happy new year to all and congrats to wolfIre.. just back from a fireworks display with the neighbours and a massive snow ball fight with the kids LOL let the good times roll!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭ffarrell

JMSE wrote: »
    wolfire, you DONT have enough time on your hands for this stuff, get drunk or go asleep (or else its not your 1st or youre a teatotaller) :-D

The worst weather forecaster in Ireland with no charisma or accuracy...drab and boring and coy like his personality.....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

JMSE wrote: »
    wolfire, you DONT have enough time on your hands for this stuff, get drunk or go asleep (or else its not your 1st or youre a teatotaller) :-D
    hehe. i am so bloody wrecked at this stage that three beers has killed me. Killed me enough to venture pathetically into the world of Photoshop.

Nite all. Enjoy that fluffy snow. Take care.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Doesn't the whole episode just raise your spirits!

Bottled ones aswell. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

hehe, thought u meant me that time.

We have a millenium baby who just came in from playing in the snow for the 1st time on her birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Happy New Year to all the weatherheads! I've been lurking here for a long time but haven't posted before so I also would like to say thanks to all here for this great forum.

I'm in Celbridge and there is about an inch of snow on the ground here now - absolutely beautiful. Was walking around in heavy snow as midnight passed and I think it's the best New Year's Eve I've had in a long time - sometimes the simple things in life really are the best. There's no snow falling at the moment, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for more. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

holly1 wrote: »
    Is'nt it MAGICAL!!!......:p
    OH YE!
    But I think thats it. Looking at the radar atm theres nothing brewing in the Irish sea, maybe the wind has gone more northerly. But what we have- I'll hold, a great way to ring in the new year.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    hehe. i am so bloody wrecked at this stage that three beers has killed me. Killed me enough to venture pathetically into the world of Photoshop.

Nite all. Enjoy that fluffy snow. Take care.

Stay up Drinking for a while - its the last chance you will have for the foreseeable future

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Bare in mind this cold spell will continue at least to the 11th of January.

MT8_Dublin_ens.png

Enjoy. Not snow ALL the time but at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Few small flakes in the wind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

MollyZ wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all the weatherheads! I've been lurking here for a long time but haven't posted before so I also would like to say thanks to all here for this great forum.

I'm in Celbridge and there is about an inch of snow on the ground here now - absolutely beautiful. Was walking around in heavy snow as midnight passed and I think it's the best New Year's Eve I've had in a long time - sometimes the simple things in life really are the best. There's no snow falling at the moment, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for more. :D

Indeed! :) Nice post, sure keep us updated if you get any snow, dont be a stranger, you dont have to be an expert to post in here! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Walked out my front door... snowball in my face from the 10 year old accross the road...

THIS IS WAR !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

RTE showing film with snow.....bet Dublin/Wicklow has more than that.

Should add Kildare to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

ragg wrote: »
    Stay up Drinking for a while - its the last chance you will have for the foreseeable future

AMEN to that, stay up until the Queen of all mankind gets home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

greystones is white..yippee

utter whiteout continues here.
    Fields completely covered in

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Walked out my front door... snowball in my face from the 10 year old accross the road...

THIS IS WAR !!!!

Annihilate the little fecker!!!!! :mad:

:p:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

utter whiteout continues here.
    Fields completely covered in

I see my appology is not forthcoming:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Croppy sit tight you might see something yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

5 Star W H I T E O U T

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Annihilate the little fecker!!!!! :mad:

:p:pac:

I have my €1 Penneys Thermalite Gloves on... gonna go cause his parents to come over to my parents and give out in the morning (im 30... haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    this is a good radar site too lads.

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=holiday&jaar=-3&soort=loop3uur

you can zoom in by clicking on the map itself. looks like those showers will make their way through to Kilkenny and Carlow, although they will not be as intense.

the latest ensembles for next week are pretty much in agreement at this stage that there will be organised bands of showers moving their way SW across the country from Tuesday. Precipitation will not be significant but it will add to problems for affected areas.
    http://cache.netweather.tv/fax/PPVM89.png
    http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091231/18/123/ukprec.png
    http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nogaps/2009/12/31/basis12/euro/prec/10010512_3112.gif
    http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091231/18/147/ukprec.png
    http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091231/18/264/ukprec.png

I am not used to these prolonged NE/N setups so I have not got a clue how things are going to pan out past Saturday or Sunday. Only sure fire thing is that we are going to be in the grips of this cold spell until the middle of January at least.

thanks for the update.
    congratulations on becoming a father. i'd say it will be hard to top this past week for you between the snow and your wife giving birth:)

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Croppy sit tight you might see something yet

Havent been out in a while Villain, but I am noticing my temps are slowly rising! Cloud cover rolling in? *goes out to have a look*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement