Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

doccy wrote: »
    greystones is white..yippee

Where in Grestones are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 The cracken

zenno wrote: »
    that's perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Wouldnt be so sure Irish Sea is finished for the night, a new streamer seems to be forming now, think it will go south of Dublin but if it gets bigger it may well hit too. the last of the current event has not yet cleared Dublin, it may give a brief additional fall shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

It's stopping now,but it was brilliant while it lasted,snowman time in the morning:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Temperature starting to rise here, well below freezing, must be getting a bit cloudier but its too cold to go out and see, going to bed....

ok edit, scrap the above, its gone cloudy, bed in a little while...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Streamers FTW !!!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Happy new year all.

Even Gerry M is losing his head over all the excitement of snow and a new year.
    100432.jpg

classic:D

i spilt my drink out after seeing this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

My My has dublin finally got snow?
    Happy new year to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Havent been out in a while Villain, but I am noticing my temps are slowly rising! Cloud cover rolling in? *goes out to have a look*

Temps rising is good news I think. Temps rose in D6 this evening and I though that was it with no chance for snow, but we have 1 inch on the ground now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

0 degrees at dublin airpot at the moment.

as the saying goes you have not seen everything yet. that was just a shower in swords. looks like another big one coming in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I just love how this weather puts everyone in a good mood !!

Streamers FTW !!!! :cool:
    you're not wrong there :D
    still pelting it down here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Zenno, I think you may change your location to 'Dublin - the place that got all the snow!!'......:p

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Where in Grestones are you located?

up in charlesland, stopped for the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

im guessing thats it for the night - ah well, hopefull we get more tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    My My has dublin finally got snow?
    Happy new year to all.

thanks. same to you Pangea.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

guys...

it's snowing in kildare big fluffy flakes and its covered everything..

have people staying from wexford, anyone any idea if this is to continue through to tomorrow? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Me too. Nice to see a local posting!

Havent been out in a while Villain, but I am noticing my temps are slowly rising! Cloud cover rolling in? *goes out to have a look*

Temperature have risen by over 1 degree here in the last while.

I'd say we will get snow in Carlow and Kilkenny. Though it is white here with frost and some leftover snow that survived the thaw.

Zenno, I think you may change your location to 'Dublin - the place that got all the snow!!'......:p

well we are getting a bit here and there but it will no doubt move inland if it doesn't weaken too much and you will get it as well in kildare i'm sure as we go into the late hours. but dude we have being crying out for snow in dublin for the last two weeks so we got a bit and i hope plenty more tonight. either way any weather forcaster would be in a hard spot to predict snow in a certain area as it's too hard to do so. but anyway CroppyBoy it should hit inland as the hours go by.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

cocoemma wrote: »
    guys...

have people staying from wexford, anyone any idea if this is to continue through to tomorrow? :confused:

No, it's only what Dublin had and will last maybe half hour then clear.

guys...

It could.

guys...

farout ...i only copped your post. nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

That'd be Down in Charlesland. Don't get uppity now boy. ;):D

darkman2 wrote: »
    No, it's only what Dublin had and will last maybe half hour then clear.

No expert here, but more forming in the Irish sea and looking at the radar it was when they got close to the coastline they went on steroids.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 caeser

im going to be positive here for all us southerners but raintoday it looks like those showers are intensifying as they go inland. pure observation only no science behind this useless post.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Snowing again in Tallaght,

Let it snowwwwwwwwwwwwww.:)

Happy New Year, All..

Aido !976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Congrats again to all those who got snow tonight, we got feck all down here as usual, Happy New Year to Everyone :) Have a great 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Min wrote: »
    Temperature have risen by over 1 degree here in the last while.

I'd say we will get snow in Carlow and Kilkenny. Though it is white here with frost and some leftover snow that survived the thaw.

Mine havent risen that much, the DP has risen from -2.5c to -1.9c in the past 30 mins or so. Just been outside and there is a light cloud cover, however I'm doubhtful those showers are going to make it this far inland, but, I'll live in hope.

Edit: although.....

Web_radar.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

happy new year folks. Enjoy the snow those who got it. Those who havent dont lose hope this cold spell is not over yet !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement