Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Hey! Just had a look outside and there is a very fine sprinkling of snow on the ground and really fine snow falling!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

Hey! Just had a look outside and there is a very fine sprinkling of snow on the ground and really fine snow falling!! :D:D

ergh damn you carlow i come home for christmas and it snows down there typical:mad:

deaglan169 wrote: »
    ergh damn you carlow i come home for christmas and it snows down there typical:mad:

:D haha, dont worry, its not much and its snopped anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

steady shower of snow falling here in ashford wicklow for the last half hour nice dusting outside hope it stays :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Site0Camera96.jpg

M50 at Finglas.

Delighted for the Dubs. Light shower here, just a dusting.

Happy "Wintry" New Year everyone, and Congrats Wolfie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭alentejo

BINGO _ Finally snow in Terenure.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Happy days for all ye dubs. Cold crisp dry night here in Donegal. Have fun in the capital. At least a pint is cheaper here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Just had some snow in Errill Co. Laois. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Just back from near Dublin city centre. Hope anyone who headed in earlier gets home ok. Most taxis are gone home and people struggling to get home. So lovely and bright out here in Templeogue in the snow..Happy new year to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

just home, was a beautiful walk home from a party.white ground set to an almost blueish sky twinkling with stars, with snow crunching underfoot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ah tis une journee typique really.

Had to get pissed tonight, literally as soon as the second pint was in me the snow started to fall/

We have a coating of snow here and its extremeley icy, there willl be treacherous driving conditions in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone know if theres anymore expected snow in Dublin? :), was absolutely madness walking home from a party tonight :) was great craic :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Ah tis une journee typique really.

Had to get pissed tonight, literally as soon as the second pint was in me the snow started to fall/

We have a coating of snow here and its extremeley icy, there willl be treacherous driving conditions in the morning.

sheeeeeeeit. (senator clay davis) am i the only one doing the forcasting tonight. whiskey wore off, now i'm on the beer damn.

be careful man. take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

We just drove around the northern half of the M50 and it's a total skating rink already. Everyone was taking it handy and doing about 30mph, so the drive was doable, particularly with ESP brakes. The worst bit was actually doing the junctions and traffic lights on the Malahide Road, with Micras doing a bit of skating, but we only saw two collisions on the way, both slow speed ones around Lucan.

The M50 about an hour ago: 4232904414_513c824e3d.jpg

utterly mad blizzard here at the moment.
    could be 3 or 4 inches of cover now

holy shmokes. that road looks icy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

morning all, couldn't sleep so took a chance there were some partygoer's on at this late stage :D

Happy New year boards :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

utterly mad blizzard here at the moment.
    could be 3 or 4 inches of cover now

Didnt i say it.

Bloody brilliant.

We have a cm cover here and im chuffed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

I have been following all the posts here since before Christmas and have found the whole subject fascinating. I have read nearly all posts and feel that I know some of you for years. So thanks to all of you for an interesting 2 weeks or so - Grace, Weathercheck, Croppy, irish1967, wolfe, nacho, leahyl, deep easterly and so many many more knowledgeable and entertaining posters.

I now look up weather charts, temps, etc on a regular basis as my new addiction. :o

Just travelled from Louth to Dublin (northside) and there is plenty of snow falling along most of the route. The roads in Dublin are treacherous. The M1 is lethal and is untreated. Saw 10 or so cars spin 180 degrees on major roads (Oscar Traynor Road, Malahide Road, Howth Road) including an artic that jack knifed on the OT Road. Temp was 0 in Louth, -3 in Dublin so things are icing over. Take great care on the roads. Emergency services are flat out at the moment.

The kids had a ball in the snow - lots of snowballs thrown, lovely big fluffy flakes earlier in the night made for great snowballs. Snow is a bit harder now but the continuing intermittent falls are great.

That is my 1st report for the 2 weeks - thanks to you all for the company and rollercoaster ride. This one has a happy ending....... but more to come I hope. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

Yep, and it'll probably be the same until they get a gritter out on in it in the morning. Not a trip I'd like to do again, I can say that much. The snow is actually really, really powdery, but it seemed to start after most people had stopped moving for the new year, so there weren't many cars through it before it started to freeze. Like I said, it's a serious case of take it easy and slow and you'll get there fine. Time to settle in someplace warm for a good few hours or so, though, I think!

Didnt i say it.

Bloody brilliant.

We have a cm cover here and im chuffed:D
    lol :)
    We've been under 2 trains here on and off since about 1030.

looks like thats it when this one stops-its easing now.

Its early days yet dfbemt! Its not until late Jan/Feb that we really get a decent shot at the sneachta, so stick aroundre for the ride, theres sure to be plenty of ups and downs on the rollercoaster! :D

There seems to be a good thick cloudcover here now which is spitting some snow, guess I'm gonna have to stay up and wait another while! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

My neighbours are out the back garden fcuking snow balls at my window :pac:, just finding me wellies now and their gonna be seeing a few snow balls coming back at them :p, hope it snows again :).

sushisushi wrote: »
    Yep, and it'll probably be the same until they get a gritter out on in it in the morning. Not a trip I'd like to do again, I can say that much. The snow is actually really, really powdery, but it seemed to start after most people had stopped moving for the new year, so there weren't many cars through it before it started to freeze. Like I said, it's a serious case of take it easy and slow and you'll get there fine. Time to settle in someplace warm for a good few hours or so, though, I think!

yep it's a night to take yourself seriously. normally i would say anyone that is driving in this weather condition is out of their f**king mind but you seem well focused. but either way you are crazy. stop, sleep, at the closest place near you and forget about it. tooooooo dangerous.

Will you lot go to bed!! Good Sneachta night!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

What a night here in D11. Well over an inch on the ground and the roads are lethal. Good aul Gerry Murphy and his wintery flurries. Hes a disgrace.:rolleyes:
    Take care anyone on the roads over the next few days.

by the way this is a Giant frog throwing snowballs...I will not be held responsible in any way, shape or form, regarding this epitaph.

62bb7ac6d6ddcea96bd350e569f8136f.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

zenno wrote: »
    by the way this is a Giant frog throwing snowballs...I will not be held responsible in any way, shape or form, regarding this epitaph.

62bb7ac6d6ddcea96bd350e569f8136f.gif

amazing the things u get away with this time of night!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Came out of the pub a
    couple of hours ago to find a thin covering of snow and there have been on and off flurries since. A really memorable night, with the moon illuminating the snow. Happy new year everyone!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement