Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

joe316 wrote: »
    Bucketing it down in Clane again :D

It's about time we got some.Hay joe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

snaps wrote: »
    when the winds are coming from the n/ne you'll be the warmest place in ireland as your on north facing coast. the futher you go inland, the colder it gets
    Yes well since coleraine is very far up u may be right
    But the the spell over christmas showed that its not always inland that is coldest,
    When the north was the coldest for much of the christmas . Im in donegal and usually the frost is more severe in other counties but the northely cold snap changed that

Christmas eve 2009
    vlcsnap1716403.png w768.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Sun shining in Clontarf :mad:

God Its really thick!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

holly1 wrote: »
    It's about time we got some.Hay joe:D

Damn right

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snow at last! never actually saw it fall as im just out of bed but there is a very slight dusting on the ground. I think thats it for the moment tho just looked at the radar there isnt much happening in the irish sea right now, hopefully more later.

Gonzo wrote: »
    snow at last! never actually saw it fall as im just out of bed but there is a very slight dusting on the ground. I think thats it for the moment tho just looked at the radar there isnt much happening in the irish sea right now, hopefully more later.
    Theres a heavish streamer heading into bray and greystones area in north wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

sunny here in D14, no snow, no hail, just sun. :mad:

Dan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its nice and dry here now, so if it does snow at least it will hopefully stick.

Plenty of damage from last nights wind around these parts, was at its highest extremity at around 1AM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Its nice and dry here now, so if it does snow at least it will hopefully stick.

Plenty of damage from last nights wind around these parts, was at its highest extremity at around 1AM.
    Loads of wind related damage here too. No snow sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

SNOW:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

First wintry precipitation of the winter! Had a heavy shower of wet snow in Celbridge, died off before anything could stick. That's the problem, the intesnity might be there in some showers but the duration won't be enough for it to accumulate.

Temp 1.3, DP -3.1°C

I notice that temps south of Dublin on the East coast are all around 5c with very little shower activity [apart from north wicklows little one now] where as north of that it is 2's and 3's..
    It is a pretty marked difference/dividing line.

Southern end of a colder 850 perhaps?

It's sticking here,but I fear it wont last long:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

it actually dried out fairly sharpish this morning. you wouldn't think it was raining last night.

Some fierce wind last night. the edge seems to have been taken off the weather without the wind. cold with hazy sunshine. unlikely to see precipitation here today but am expecting it to be bitter cold tonight.

Very light flurrys here now.

Im in Eastpoint, Clontarf at the moment btw, right on the coast

Jean Byrne's just given -12 or -13°C in places next week on 98 News

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Theres a heavish streamer heading into bray and greystones area in north wicklow.

i dont see it hun :confused::confused::confused: & i got outta bed specially lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Su Campu wrote: »
    Jean Byrne's just given -12 or -13°C in places next week on 98 News
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Did we have our baby ?? Any sign Wolfe?

• Advertisement

It's nearly stopped now in Clane and I think the sun is going to appear:(.
    Ah! well it was nice while it lasted:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

and we're back to sleet....

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Yep more sleet in Greystones

The Isle of Mann seems to be having an effect in the formation of the showery lines reaching Meath, Kildare, and Wicklow. Looks like a type of Von Karman vortex setup, with convergence right at Dublin, beefing up the showers slightly.

Have a look at the SAT24 visual animation and you'll see. Here's a shot of what I mean

100352.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun shining now and its melting.

Don't forget there is a lunar exlipse tonight between 7 and 8.... that is if the lovely snow clouds go away for an hour !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

So cold in the kitchen here ( unheated extension) that the fridge cuts out at night.. I thought it was just one brand that did that and this is a brand new one of a different make.

I finally bought my Christmas ice cream yesterday...
    I had snow on the floor of the kitchen when I opened the freezer door this morning....when I was looking for the ice cubes, which, bizzarley, were under the Mint Vienneta's !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Just greystones more like i think, North of it here

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Anyone think well get some snow in the Navan area? We haven't had a flake since the Sunday before xmas :(

• Advertisement

Snow pellets falling here now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement