Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion [Snow showers hitting east from 4pm] ( New Years Eve 2009 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Currently raining lightly here in north dublin

EDIT:Heavy hail with bits of snow

That's funny - I'm actually looking over in your direction from Glasnevin and can see the shower from here - dark grey tendrils descending from the cloud :)

Nothing here at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

falling as tiny hailstones here in carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

Gonzo wrote: »
    thats almost impossibe. Thers no way that forecast is accurate.

it is possible, look at the altitude... 912m, high in the mountains... I think this winter everything is possible:D

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Kerry/Tralee/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS its snowing in firhouse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Lashing snow here at the moment, HUGE flakes :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Proper dry air here now :) Arctic blue sky just making its way down from the north with the overhang frontal cloud still over my head. 2.2c with Dp down to -2c. Wind 7mph 10 min mean from the NE.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

DominoDub wrote: »
    Great NASA Image of 2000 snow event !
    Hi DominoDub, great pics. Where did you get them. Can you post the link:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

Boo Hoo its stopped:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Stopped here now , good 25 mins of decent snowfall, pure bliss , it stuck to the cars /grass/shed but has melted away on the roads slightly .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

paulhac wrote: »
    Hi DominoDub, great pics. Where did you get them. Can you post the link:)

Link :
    http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=1105

Sorry about that large image size for those on netbooks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Lashing snow in Tallaght

No sorry, it is easing off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

looks like the snow is coming to meath, any reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zidewayz

aido 1976 wrote: »
    Lashing snow in Tallaght

No sorry, it is easing off now

Heavy snow pellets hear for last ten mins. light dusting on the roads.
    Drove up to viewpoint around 12. Tight squeeze getting passed all the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Dry & sunny in Slane at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Still only light sleet and snow showers for coastal disctricts. TAFs give a PROB40 (medium chance)

DUBLIN
    TAF EIDW 311100Z 3112/0112 04015KT 9999 FEW018 BKN040 TEMPO 3114/0112 SCT018CB PROB40 TEMPO 3115/0112 1500 -SHSN BKN007 SCT016CB BECMG 3116/3119 36011KT BECMG 0101/0104 01006KT=

CASEMENT
    TAF EIME 311102Z 3112/3121 04012KT 9999 SCT020 BKN040 TEMPO 3114/3121 SCT018CB PROB40 TEMPO 3115/3121 1500 -SHSN BKN007 SCT016CB BECMG 3116/3119 36011KT=

100358.png

Proper dry air here now :) Arctic blue sky just making its way down from the north with the overhang frontal cloud still over my head. 2.2c with Dp down to -2c. Wind 7mph 10 min mean from the NE.
    Could do with some of that here..

3.9/1 :eek: here at the moment.
    Shower approaching-probably rain or hail this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

coming down thick here in Aughrim...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

where did they get yer man from ?? Oooh Id take him home ...

Few scattered showers - that it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

your patience has been rewarded paddy1.:) it looks like it'll be dry weather in Tuam for the bulk of the week, unless an unexpected feature pops up and makes its presence felt;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Heavy snow five miles north of Kilkenny city. Sticking too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

jenzz wrote: »

Few scattered showers - that it ?

Yes, and the sooner the better people come to terms with that and except that we arent going to have some major snow event, you'll save yourself a lot of dissapointment, believe me :rolleyes:.

(then if we do get a major snow event it'll be all the better! :D)

Temp here 2.3c and DP of 0.9c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nothing happening in meath atm, a small snow shower this morning but there seems to be no showers lined up for us in the irish sea at the moment:( Hopefully the Irish sea will get going later on today. Showers have mainly been effecting parts of Dublin and Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

your patience has been rewarded paddy1.:) it looks like it'll be dry weather in Tuam for the bulk of the week, unless an unexpected feature pops up and makes its presence felt;)

Thanks Nacho :). First time in weeks I have seen the road/paths/roofs dry in weeks (apart from in the frosty spell with was a "faux dryness" :D. But a few days of this I will enjoy. Very rare to have the air so dry on this side of the island at this time of year so it is welcome. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

The snow shower in Maynooth from approx. 2 hours ago lasted for just over 20 minutes and left a bit of covering, although it started thawing very soon. The pics show how it looks now. Can't wait for more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Yes, and the sooner the better people come to terms with that and except that we arent going to have some major snow event, you'll save yourself a lot of dissapointment, believe me :rolleyes:.

(then if we do get a major snow event it'll be all the better! :D)

Temp here 2.3c and DP of 0.9c

Few showers better than nothing at all.. WC said it would snow - he didnt say how much :D so showers will do me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Thanks Nacho :). First time in weeks I have seen the road/paths/roofs dry in weeks (apart from in the frosty spell with was a "faux dryness" :D. But a few days of this I will enjoy. Very rare to have the air so dry on this side of the island at this time of year so it is welcome. :)

yes it's nice weather for early morning walks in the countryside:D. the one thing i hate above all is cold weather, like we just had, where it refuses to snow and we just end up with a pointless sleet and wet snow mix. give me cold and crisp weather over that anyday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Min wrote: »
    Heavy snow five miles north of Kilkenny city. Sticking too.
    Send it to Laois please. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

weird things happening here!!! powder snow shower just now in D14 with a temp of 4.4C and DP of 1C!!!?? very odd but i wont complain. :D

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

There is no chance that I will get any of these showers, showers from the east are just not strong enough...

but tbh after several days of rain i'm delighted to see blue skys again....

also its expected to be -10 here tonight (that'll do me):D:D

I hope you guys get some snow in the east and enjoy it while it lasts:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

waiting patiently here,,,, :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement