Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre-Print C&C

• 31-12-2009 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

The photo of my Grandmothers hand I want to get it printed on really nice paper. I was reading a thread by AnCatDub, about print papers but I havent actually seen the differant types of papers so I'll have to wait untill I go to the print shop. I was aiming for matte finish high grade paper, any advise on this ?

3394CE6022EA429DBC9BB0C2A7EABB77-500.jpg

Could I also get some advise on what export settings to use ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

67 people look at the post and no one offers any input into what the best export settings to use for printing or what paper would look nice to use. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i would look at some of the natural papers, ie the ones that are not quite white

also i think a not true matte paper would be best, something like hahnemuhle photorag pearl.

as for settings

it kind of depends on size

but for best save out of photoshop as a tiff, at print size, and depending on where its being printed, either 300 or 360 ppi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I would give input, but Steve Knows far better than I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

nah you should everyones opinion is valid,

and when it comes to paper choice etc it really is an opinion, no real sience involved apart from know which papers i have already printed on and what kind of stuff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I couldn't offer any advice as I've yet to print anything myself. I know nothing about the different papers and these print profiles are a complete mystery to me. Sorry Chorcai!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I'm not there yet on the paper related stuff so haven't a clue what way to advise, but just to mention that this is a fantastic photograph. Really, really, good. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

lovely image - I would go for matte , and hard not to go with Steve advice , he is expert in this field - anyway great job on the image, I really like it

Advertisement