Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good place to skirmish?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

hey all
    just want some opions on good sites
    ive been to rathbeggan and the warehouse
    i prefer the warehouse alot more but its bit expensive
    rathbeggan is nice enough,good value but i wish they do up the place a bit more
    anyway is there any good places near in or dublin
    i was thinking on HRTA but not sure
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭!!DAR!!

id say just fork out the little bit extra and keep playing in the warehouse.
    i constantly play there.
    love it.
    but i havent played in many other sites apart from
    MAC.(great site) midlands airsoft club
    MAZ (nice site) moyvally adventure zone
    thats it i think.

been the warehouse around 70-80 times .
    went everyday for 4 hours during the summer. apart from mondays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭joekickass345

hmmm yeh i might go to the warehouse again
    try it out again
    just thinking on what day is good lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Hrta is savage, if your wondering about sites go out and try them, what have you got to loose? Plus you get to see for yourself and form your own opinions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭!!DAR!!

well wednesdays and saturdays.
    i will warn you tho if your only starting or dont play against teams then saturday would be better because most of AON train in the warehouse on wednesday ( even tho they split us(AON) up its still quite fast paced and quite sore lol) but still a great night gaming.
    saturday is a good day aswell as it is mostly normal players and some of the AON junior team do be up aswell so its still well paced.

so its really personal preference. id recamend wednesdays, iv never heard anyone say they didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭steevee

I'd recomend Fingal airsoft just off the M1 past Balbriggan in the centre of Stamullen village.Great games and a good mix of lads . www.fingalairsoft.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

go to Red Barn you wont regret it and you will come back.. excellent games and the set up is professional,,, try it....

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

go to Red Barn you wont regret it and you will come back.. excellent games and the set up is professional,,, try it....

i second this completely! absolutly brilliant. you deffinatly wont regret it man, i play every sunday, mostly redbarn, probably wont be playing again till late january though due to lack of funds =p
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

hey all
    just want some opions on good sites
    ive been to rathbeggan and the warehouse
    i prefer the warehouse alot more but its bit expensive
    rathbeggan is nice enough,good value but i wish they do up the place a bit more
    anyway is there any good places near in or dublin
    i was thinking on HRTA but not sure
    thanks

There's a list of sites and locations at http://irishairsoft.ie/?page_id=1061

I'd recommend you try as many as possible -- each site I've been to provides something other sites don't, but the ones above will be at least up to a standard, everything after that is down to the games and the gameplay :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

i agree with gerrowdat,try them all,however the one that i like an enjoy the most is red barn,i donno why maybe because it was my first site i played in,maybe,but i think really its because they put so much thought into it,no pallets insted its sandbags,it feels so good playin there,great banter,no bull**** and if you act the magot they will act on it,but most sites do that,and they really do their best to make you feel wellcome,be you a noob or a pro,i think thats why some of us like it so much,sorry if i offended any other sites by my comments,but that is how i feel about it,for me they have the band of brothers thing goin on,which some times on other sites i feel is missin,que the backlash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭hitman_

Best independent (and most popular) Airsoft Club site in North Dublin is Red Barn. Simple reasons really, Handy location - 10 mins north of Swords. Professionally run, strict but non-intrusive marshaling. Great mixed scenario site with no pallets or tyres in sight. Facilities are all there - Easy parking, Mains power, Hot water, Toilet, Tea/Coffee/Donuts. Messers/non hit takers are not welcome.
    With over 900 paid up members, a visit here is a must.
    http://www.redbarnairsoft.com/
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055534168
    If you can make it to Stamullen, near Gormanstown, Fingal Airsoft is always worth a visit, with a great bunch of lads who welcome new players.
    http://www.fingalairsoft.com/
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055293821

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

i forgot to say in my post,that from bein on sites and talkin to other players an askin them what they think of sites they have played on i have only heard good things saidbout hrta,best way to get info i think,ill have to drag myself up there soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭chris20

my favorite sites are fingal airsoft.maz in moyvalley,both amazing sites with great lads every weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

every site has something different to offer..my advice is to try them all and then you'll find the one that suits your game style

Advertisement