Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would my laptop run FM2010?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 3:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    just wondering if my laptop would run this game. I haven't played FM in years since CM4 03/04. That was running on an average family pc but was quite slow.
    Have this laptop
    http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/305425

Nothing special and I didn't buy it for games, but I'm curious if I did feel like a bit of FM action, would it do the job?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

FM will run, away from the you laptop... screaming... :D

But seriously, it should run well enough.

3gig on Windows 7 it should be grand. Don't expect to be able to run too many concurrent leagues, but you should be able to run a few comfortably.

Also, don't take the game's built in rating systems result for your machine as gospel, it is to be disregarded for the most part I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Ah not a bother man,state of the thing i use and i still do 7 leagues,savage slow though,youll have no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Also, don't take the game's built in rating systems result for your machine as gospel, it is to be disregarded for the most part I find.

Indeed, I manage to run almost all the leagues (apart from Russia and Ukraine) and it's fairly smooth. I do get the odd bit of slowdown but it generally lasts for only 15-30 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Sounds good, still not sure if i'll get it cause I know it would take over my life, like it did before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I had no problem running 09 but it was still a bit slow if i use large database and 3 or 4 leagues. Is 2010 much slower on anyones laptop or will it be about the same as 09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I have Football Manager 2010 running on my wee netbook (Samsung NC10, 1GB RAM, 1.6 Intel Atom Processor)

I run the game with a small database and only play the live games in tradional 2D. Works no problem!! ;) Happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

I installed the game and played it for a few hours but when I went to play it again there was no trace of it on my desktop or in the menu. It won't start automatically either. I went into add/remove programmes and it's in there. Un-installed and reinstalled it and it worked then but again, once I leave the game it disappears. I don't want to have to keep un-installing the game every time I want to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I installed the game and played it for a few hours but when I went to play it again there was no trace of it on my desktop or in the menu. It won't start automatically either. I went into add/remove programmes and it's in there. Un-installed and reinstalled it and it worked then but again, once I leave the game it disappears. I don't want to have to keep un-installing the game every time I want to play it.

Did you install it via Steam or the normal way? It'll be in My games in Steam, otherwise it's in Start=>Games (depending on what OS you're using of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

cashville wrote: »
    Did you install it via Steam or the normal way? It'll be in My games in Steam, otherwise it's in Start=>Games (depending on what OS you're using of course)

On this evidence it seems I should have been born blonde! Thanks mate.

:o

Advertisement