Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Criminal Law Solicitors

• 31-12-2009 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know which firms in Dublin would be well known for criminal work? (Apart from Garrett Sheehan)

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

You wouldn't need to qualify as a barrister.

The main criminal firms in Dublin City Centre are (in no particular order):

Michael E. Hanahoes

Terry Lyons

Garrett Sheehan

Michael Staines

Fahy McGeevor (Banbury?)

Cahir O'Higgins

John Feeney

Murrogh O'Rourke

John M Quinn

The first four are probably the most likely to want new apprentices.

From that post...don't know why he omitted Kelleher O'Doherty or Philip Hannon Solicitors as they would be comparable to a number of those firms named. Fahy McGeever is now Fahy Bambury McKeever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

Does anyone know if any of these criminal law firms do recruitment programmes for trainee solicitors? I've looked up most of them but, the majority have no website so I cant seem to find any information!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭eagle_&_bear

Does anyone know if any of these criminal law firms do recruitment programmes for trainee solicitors? I've looked up most of them but, the majority have no website so I cant seem to find any information!

Well I know Fahy Bambury McGeever, Hanahoe and Staines have a programme in place but to be honest you are far better off ringing them and asking to speak to who ever deals with the apprentice programme.

I would imagine they might not want to talk too much to you until they know you have passed FE1's etc but it never does any harm to ring and ask the blunt question.

Write a letter expressing interest, follow up with a phone call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭legal eagle 1

Thanks for the advice Reloc8 and eagle_&_bear, have taken both on board :)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Thanks for the advice Reloc8 and eagle_&_bear, have taken both on board :)
    +1

Would anyone know if Ferrys on the quays (Ormond I think) do criminal work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭bath handle

I know.

I know.
    Maith an fear....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Would anyone know if Ferrys on the quays (Ormond I think) do criminal work?

Not a whole lot. The practice is primarily civil.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

jackleon wrote: »
    I know a company the best for this,this is a Criminal Law Sydney.

well known for doing the odd legal aid case in swords or dun laoighaire, but not sure they cover the city centre

Advertisement