Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYE Dinner--Your Plans?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

We always spend NYE at home with some friends having a long and lovely dinner. Tonight is no different. Menu is:

Paté, toast, blackcurrant sauce
    Roast stuffed pork tenderloin, roast potatoes, carrots, green beans, apple gravy
    Mango & ginger upside down cake

Anyone else planning for tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,050 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just party food at ours tonight and don't want to spend all day preparing so....

Hummus (10 mins max prep)
    Tortillia (Spanish Omelette) - the only thing I'm gonna spend any time on - maybe 30 mins.
    Chicken Wings - bung in oven then coat with Franks and butter.
    Olives - already marinating for weeks.
    Cheese (someone bringing most of this - who works for Cheese stall in English Market !!! woo hoo)
    Salami, chorizo etc - also from cheese stall.
    Bread, Crackers.
    Bombay mix.

Will make Margaritas
    There will be wine and a selection of beer.
    Hopefully someone will bring some Bubbly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

This sounds fantastic! I love making my own hummus and flat bread--can't understand why people go out and spend six or seven euros on them when it takes 10 mins and max €1.50 to do big bowl of hummus and flat bread is extremely easy and quick and super cheap! Today I intend to make (for the first time) red pepper hummus and Allegra's chickpea loaf. New year; new better for you recipes in this house!!

Advertisement