Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small rant

• 31-12-2009 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Ignorant people.

Just switched on Pat Kenny this morning, for lack of anything else on for a while. He mentioned a farmer who said basically if they didn't have the money to do or buy something then they went without, a bit like myself to be honest.

Got the usual idiot texter in at the end of the segment, that farmers didn't have to borrow anything because of all the grants we get :mad:

Now I don't know about the rest of ye, but I get sod all. And I've gotten sod all for quite a long time, and anything I do get I work for it.

My apologies, but most around Conamara are small farms on poor land literally getting by. Would love if I had a few hundred or thousand acres of brilliant quality land but I do not!

New agri-tourism scheme, "Reality Farm", TV series to run in conjunction with holiday experiences, visitors to live on the average weekly income of the farm and pay all bills out of it, all documented for and accounted for properly!

Would shut some of them up anyway!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 54321

But to be fair to Pat Kenny he knows his stuff and defends farmers always if he feels farmers are unfairly criticised. I'm a big fan of his show and he is probably the fairest presenter to farmers simply because he seems to have knowledge about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

54321 wrote: »
    But to be fair to Pat Kenny he knows his stuff and defends farmers always if he feels farmers are unfairly criticised. I'm a big fan of his show and he is probably the fairest presenter to farmers simply because he seems to have knowledge about it.

Oh no, I'm not having a go at PK. Just those who tar all farmers with the same brush, or all in any sector to be truthfull about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

Its very annoying when you hear people talking that know very little about farming and the little bit they think they know is subsidies and grants. Why dont they get involved in farming then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

johngalway wrote: »
    Ignorant people.

Just switched on Pat Kenny this morning, for lack of anything else on for a while. He mentioned a farmer who said basically if they didn't have the money to do or buy something then they went without, a bit like myself to be honest.

Got the usual idiot texter in at the end of the segment, that farmers didn't have to borrow anything because of all the grants we get :mad:

Now I don't know about the rest of ye, but I get sod all. And I've gotten sod all for quite a long time, and anything I do get I work for it.

My apologies, but most around Conamara are small farms on poor land literally getting by. Would love if I had a few hundred or thousand acres of brilliant quality land but I do not!

New agri-tourism scheme, "Reality Farm", TV series to run in conjunction with holiday experiences, visitors to live on the average weekly income of the farm and pay all bills out of it, all documented for and accounted for properly!

Would shut some of them up anyway!

your easily rattled if some annonymous texter annoys you , most of the texts read out on radio are uninformed , broad brush generalisations regardless of the subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 massey 133

why such that person bad mouth farmers. farmers do not bad mouth other sectors. if anything farmers are too quiet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement