Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

engineering degree

Options
  • 31-12-2009 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have finished ordinary bachelor degree in civil engineering. now can i progrees to master degree without my honours degree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Its unlikely to be honest. For most graduate programs you need to have obtained 2.1 Honours Degree and on the rare occasion I have seen it as a 2.2 Honours Degree. Never have I seen it as a pass degree.
    Why not just go back and do the extra year and get an honours degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭dahamster

D-Generate wrote: »
    Its unlikely to be honest. For most graduate programs you need to have obtained 2.1 Honours Degree and on the rare occasion I have seen it as a 2.2 Honours Degree. Never have I seen it as a pass degree.
    Why not just go back and do the extra year and get an honours degree?

You will need to do 2 more years to get an iei accredited honours engineering degree, before the move to a research masters. However due to the bologna agreement some colleges are now bringing in a 3 +2 masters so you may be able to find one of those and so a taught masters in two years is feasible

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Moved from Graduates.

It's all offered on a scale. Ordinary degree is Level 7, Honours is Level 8 and Masters is Level 9. You need a level 8 to progress to Level 9, basically. There are some rare exceptions, as detailed above and they're worth looking into!

Advertisement