Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 Xpressmusic touchscreen problem :(

• 31-12-2009 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

The girlfriend got me a Nokia 5530 for Christmas and everything was going fine until two days ago.

The screen goes totally black, yet the phone is still running. If I press the touchscreen around the edge then it shows the screen again but will go blank the moment I take my finger off it.

Haven't dropped it nor got it wet.

Any ideas?

(Also it was bought in the Carphone Warehouse on Grafton st. - can I bring it to any Carphone Warehouse or must it be the Grafton st branch?)

Much appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Thats the funny thing.

If I turn it off and on, it works fine for a few minutes then just craps out again.

Is a hard reset just return to factory defaults or is it simpy turning the phone off and on again?

No idea when the phone was bought, will ask her today. Pain in the ass if I have to wait potentially a few weeks for a repair when the phone they sold me is faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement