Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Limerick

Options
  • 31-12-2009 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

With all the doom and gloom slithering about, I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread about something you love about Limerick. Anything at all, even the homeless guy playing the accordion down by Cruises Street - such an inspiration. :D

Anyway everything's appreciated and remember the phrase 'I Love Limerick'. :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

No offence Neo, and I mean no offence....

But this is like the 400th such post on here about the same thing......

Have a look thru the history, you will find loads of similar threads

Just ressurect one of them

Regards,

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

I know, I know but the Limerick section is seriously depressing, seriously! I felt compelled to inject some happiness into the place. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Isn't the issue of Homelessness and Homeless People out trying to eke a living while you head Home to drink beer and watch TV depressing more than inspiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Something I love about Limerick? That should be easy... Hm... Er... Drawing a blank, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I love Limerick because, because I will think of something give me a second oh have it I love Limerick because it is not Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Match days in Thomond Park.
    The optimism when our hurling team play anyone.
    When you go out you always meet someone you haven't seen in ages.
    Donkey Fords.

just 4 off the top of my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

campo wrote: »
    I love Limerick because, because I will think of something give me a second oh have it I love Limerick because it is not Dublin

How pathetic :rolleyes:

LOL I don't think he is actually homeless. He seriously has recorded an album so he is my hero. But if he is genuinely homeless, then a revolution is beginning in our world.

First homeless people fulfilling dreams and recording albums, God even Tiger Woods staying faithful is possible. :pac:

Liam79 wrote: »
    How pathetic :rolleyes:

It was a joke I love Dublin too and Cork and Galway I even have a fondness for Offaly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭A quiet one

neo2010 wrote: »
    I know, I know but the Limerick section is seriously depressing, seriously! I felt compelled to inject some happiness into the place. :pac:

I appreciate your difficulty when even the roads out of it are such a mess.

• Advertisement

It was a joke I love Dublin too and Cork and Galway I even have a fondness for Offaly

OK Your stretching it with Offaly. A certain large politician hails from that cursed area. :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭v300

Limerick is a grand town !

It's actually a city, albeit a small one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

where have all you people come from?!

A vagina my good sir. Maybe even you came from one. :pac:

I was born and breed in Limerick City in a little Island on the northside of the City, Do you know what I love must about Limerick its the people in it
    not the hoodies or the scubs but the normal decent people in Limerick as they would do anything for anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I was born and breed in Limerick City in a little Island on the northside of the City, Do you know what I love must about Limerick its the people in it
    not the hoodies or the scubs but the normal decent people in Limerick as they would do anything for anyone

Well if you are going to breed in Limerick City it must really help to love the People in it :p

Raiser wrote: »
    Well if you are going to breed in Limerick City it must really help to love the People in it :p

LMAO - Good one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Iang87 wrote: »
    The optimism when our hurling team play anyone.
    Taxi for Iang - i think someone's been listening to too much Declan Copues ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

neo2010 wrote: »
    A vagina my good sir. Maybe even you came from one. :pac:

If they're a woman. Otherwise a penis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrs. ryan

On a more positive note - how about all the talented people Limerick has bred? Richard Harris, Terry wogan, Frank mcCourt, Paul O'Connell etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

mrs. ryan wrote: »
    On a more positive note - how about all the talented people Limerick has bred? Richard Harris, Terry wogan, Frank mcCourt, Paul O'Connell etc?

but we must never forget the negative people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

i love thomas the little accordian player in thomas street but in fairness i do love the spirit of the limerick people (lived here 5 years born in england) on munster match days the way the community gathers together is great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

caspa307 wrote: »
    i love thomas the little accordian player in thomas street but in fairness i do love the spirit of the limerick people (lived here 5 years born in england) on munster match days the way the community gathers together is great
    I'm doing a picture of him as part of a project on a "possitive Limerick", I dunno will it be my final work though, I'll see how it goes, have to get a picture first I haven't seen him in awhile

If they're a woman. Otherwise a penis.

Yes but when we're born we all come out of the same opening. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭A quiet one

I met some bloke last evening who went to Limerick last Summer (09) and thought it was fantastic. Other than that, he's never been to Ireland.

I had to wonder: has something changed, in which case it would be next to a miracle.
    Or what kind of misery had the poor guy grown up in that could possibly be even worse than Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mrs. ryan wrote: »

Frank McCourt was born in Brooklyn, New York, not in Limerick.

But Steve Finnan was born in Limerick, and Richard D James (Aphex Twin) was born in Limerick as well.

Jimmy Carr, long thought to be London born of Limerick parents, muddied the waters a bit by saying on the Graham Norton show last month that he is actually Irish born in Limerick, so if there is truth to that we can claim him also. :D

Plus we have the Cranberries, with the exception of Steve DeMarchi, hailing from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

grenache wrote: »
    Taxi for Iang - i think someone's been listening to too much Declan Copues ;)

thats what i'm on about that optimism. Even though we haven't a hope if we sent out 30 lads we still think ah sure we might

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Gerri May and your one from Six who's on the Den now, they're both from Limerick arn't they? And wasn't the band Zoo from here? he brought out a single with Poison on it. Sorry if I'm wrong there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kess73 wrote: »
    Frank McCourt was born in Brooklyn, New York, not in Limerick.

But Steve Finnan was born in Limerick, and Richard D James (Aphex Twin) was born in Limerick as well.

Jimmy Carr, long thought to be London born of Limerick parents, muddied the waters a bit by saying on the Graham Norton show last month that he is actually Irish born in Limerick, so if there is truth to that we can claim him also. :D

Plus we have the Cranberries, with the exception of Steve DeMarchi, hailing from Limerick.

Thats not something we should bring attention to though :D

Advertisement