Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb gone in too early?? Help!

Options
  • 31-12-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Need your help.

First time to post in this section.

Cooking for friends who are expecting to dine at around 4. Came in to discover that my mam had(without seasoning or searing) thrown the lamb, that I spent €35 on, into the oven at 11 o' frickin clock.

I have pulled it, scored it and seasoned it now(after it had been in 40 mins!) and have it resting. How should I approach it's reintroduction to the oven?

Also it's a fairly large piece(2.9kg) so I'm guessing it's not THAT far gone.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

remwhite wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Need your help.

First time to post in this section.

Cooking for friends who are expecting to dine at around 4. Came in to discover that my mam had(without seasoning or searing) thrown the lamb, that I spent €35 on, into the oven at 11 o' frickin clock.

I have pulled it, scored it and seasoned it now(after it had been in 40 mins!) and have it resting. How should I approach it's reintroduction to the oven?

Also it's a fairly large piece(2.9kg) so I'm guessing it's not THAT far gone.

Thanks.

Is it a shoulder or a leg, does it still have the bone in?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭remwhite

Bugnug wrote: »
    Is it a shoulder or a leg, does it still have the bone in?

Large leg. Bone in.

Large leg. Bone in.

Depending on how you like your meat cooked I would season it well with salt, throw it on a bed of rosemary (if you have it) and some cloves of garlic. Drizzle well with olive oil and put it back in for another 40 mins at 180. See how that goes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭HelloJellyFish

....also cover it with a lid or tinfoil.

....also cover it with a lid or tinfoil.

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭remwhite

Thanks for the help.

Have done both of the above but my primary concern is the timing. The lamb will have been out for over an hour by the time I put it back in the oven. If it is back at room temperature then it will take the same time for the heat to penetrate to the centre of the meat. I'm thinking the outside will have burnt before the inside is cooked.......

Thanks for the help.

Have done both of the above but my primary concern is the timing. The lamb will have been out for over an hour by the time I put it back in the oven. If it is back at room temperature then it will take the same time for the heat to penetrate to the centre of the meat. I'm thinking the outside will have burnt before the inside is cooked.......

Once it is well covered it wont burn. Just keep an eye on it. Put it in now as roasted meat always tastes better when it has been left to sit for a while after it has been cooked. Then you can re heat when your guests arrive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

My mother would be sever risk of a black eye if she did that to me...

Advertisement