Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External door handle replacements

• 31-12-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭

Folks,
    can anyone recommend a good source of replacement handles for external doors.

I've got a front door handle on its last knees. The external handle lever will beak away from the body because the holding clip broke and the metal around the handle is worn. I've rigged a temporary fix with a clasp from another handle but its not going to last long.

The screw to screw distances are 200mm and handle to key barrel is 70mm.

Has anyone had experience getting replacements from brick and mortar shops in the Dublin area. Most I've tried just want to sell us a new door, citing the dimensions we have as old style, no longer in production etc. I also had no luck in the likes of B&Q and a few other shops.

I found one online shop in the UK (www.upvc-hardware.co.uk) with a handle matching the dimensions, but when I went to the checkout, I was given a drop down combo for country that let me choose UK only.. the bastards!

So online suggestions also very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Did you try emailing / phoning that UK company. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to take your money and arrange the additional cost of postage to Ireland. I've done this in the past and had no problems except one crowd wanted a scan of my Credit Card statement which was fine once I sent it to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

I did contact them via their "contact us" form.. still no answer from them. But given the time of year, thats probably to be expected. I certainly hope they will oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Almost everyone who is doing in upvc windows and doors in Ireland have what youre looking for

Advertisement