Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snugglies

• 31-12-2009 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi- not fashion I know, but am wondering if anyone knows where in Dublin City I can get a snuggly/ snuggy (not sure exactly what they're called)

One of those blankets with sleeves.

I've tried Penneys in O'Connell St but no joy. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I saw these in Dunnes for €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alabamawhurley

I saw these in Dunnes for €10

Excellent, which Dunnes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Dunnes in Newbridge and Maynooth had them reduced to 6 euro so the others probably would too. I'd try the bigger ones in town - Stephen's Green or Ilac centre most likely the best bet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Pennys have their own brand, "Couch Cosy", for €8. They're awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alabamawhurley

Great thanks for the replies :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

Hi- not fashion I know

You'd be surprised. I live next to a university, and I've started to notice male students wearing Snuggies around on the streets!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They're the best. Got the boyf a Slanket for Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

This is what ya need :eek:

The-Japanese-Snuggie-Happened-full.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I know it's wrong and I really need to have my eyes plucked from my head but I so want one of those!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

This is what ya need :eek:

The-Japanese-Snuggie-Happened-full.jpg

Now if it had arms it would be perfect, I have a 80k each way commute on a bike, it can sometime take me hours to warm up when I get home; especially if I have stayed a few days in Dublin as the house is like ice. However, I spend some time in the Sahara each year; a few years ago I brought some local winter kit back. Basically it is looks like a medieval moks robe with the pointed hood mines in black. I look a bit wierd answering the door in it but it does the trick. I love the pointed hood it always stands to attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

My friends dad has finally managed to find one in England -had to search Asda and Tesco for a while to get one!!
    They were selling the real ones in Heatons in my area but they were sold out everytime i went in there, its being sold in some JML outlets(they usually have stands in Tesco, Dunnes, Heatons etc)
    Penneys do a copy too, seemed a bit thin though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I got my nanas Slankets for christmas as they are always complaining of the cold! I got one for myself too - ordered them from www.iwantoneofthose.com They are soooo cosy!!!

The Snuggie is the one that JML do, and Slankets are meant to be the better one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Odysseus wrote: »
    Now if it had arms it would be perfect, I have a 80k each way commute on a bike, it can sometime take me hours to warm up when I get home; especially if I have stayed a few days in Dublin as the house is like ice. However, I spend some time in the Sahara each year; a few years ago I brought some local winter kit back. Basically it is looks like a medieval moks robe with the pointed hood mines in black. I look a bit wierd answering the door in it but it does the trick. I love the pointed hood it always stands to attention.

I've no idea why it doesn't have arms tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I've no idea why it doesn't have arms tbh

Maybe its to keep you warm, during those moments of self love;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got mine here, 25GBP with free delivery

http://www.feelunique.com/p/The-Slanket-Blanket-Limoges.html

The_Slanket_Blanket___Limoges1257845600.jpg

Advertisement