Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitelinks?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi all, i just wanted to check if the nitelink is running tonight before i go out as i wouldnt have the money to spare on a taxi, any ideas? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

why not look at
    www.dublinbus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Well it says they are running on the 31st and not the 1st, but considering they run after midnight, does that mean they were running last night, and wont be tonight?

Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭suspectpackage

anybody else get stung by the cancellation of the 4am nitelink? I was well and truely stung. had to get a taxi, which costed a bomb. the roads were unbelievably icy, black ice everywhere. no way the nitelinks could have went at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They cancelled them earlier than that I think. I was stuck out in it for an hour trying to get a taxi

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

jdivision wrote: »
    They cancelled them earlier than that I think. I was stuck out in it for an hour trying to get a taxi

:eek::eek: you got a taxi :eek::eek:

we had to walk from meath street to finglas, left there are 3.30am and got home at 5.10am

in fairness, we walked up the canal and it was gorgeous but i am tried today

Well basically struck a deal with people in front of me that I'd pay for them to get home if I could get in with them. So when taxi finally came i jumped in. I've been highly critical of taxi drivers but last night's guy was brilliant cos it was well dodgy driving conditions. Cost me E45 in the taxi though - gave him the E50 - cos we had to go to Malahide Road first.
    When I'm getting a taxi to Finglas and it's busy i usually go to Clanbrassil Street cos there's less people about so more free taxis.

but there were no taxis - ABSOLUTELY no cars on the road. people were skating up and the down the roads.

there were abandoned cars all over the place

it was like zombie land

yeah, a woman in front of us went off near the roundabout on Jamestown Road. She was lucky it was kind of a verge there just before the FAS thing if it had been a wall it could have been serious.

I got a nitelink (dunno what time) but he threw everyone off after a few miles because he couldnt drive in the snow, so everyone was left there on the N4 walking home...wasnt fun :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭susiewoosie

Was fecking ridiculous the city centre last night...

Went down to get the 3ish nightlink - was obvious by 3.45 that none were coming - even the garda said they were running -- had to walk a coupla miles - but by then, feet were frozen and i was shaking from the cold that i parked myself in an opened spar for an hour - finally after 3.5 hours, i got a taxi at 6am

never again will i go out on NYE - no buses or taxi's - how were people supposed to get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

never again will i go out on NYE - no buses or taxi's - how were people supposed to get home!

I'm guessing the heavy snow and freeze might have had more to do with it than NYE!

how were people supposed to get home!
    Did you not see the free skis;)

jdivision wrote: »
    Did you not see the free skis;)

I guessed i missed them huddled up in spar with my hot choc...

.... chiropodists will have a field day this week - the amount of girls i saw with their heels tucked under the arms and walking bare feet..... and then wrapping them in spar bags..........

Mmm....

seriously, you expected taxi men and bus drivers to risk their life AND YOUR LIFE driving in the conditions last night?

we walked for 2 hours home and had a great time, snowball fights, watching other people fighting, there were some snow angels at 5am this morning.

7 taxis crashed in Finglas alone last night (that i know of - probably more), the whole way home there were cars just dumped in the middle of the road.

if you want to blame someone maybe you should be blaming the SUV drivers, or the people who leave the tv's on standby at night :rolleyes:

irishbird wrote: »
    seriously, you expected taxi men and bus drivers to risk their life AND YOUR LIFE driving in the conditions last night?

we walked for 2 hours home and had a great time, snowball fights, watching other people fighting, there were some snow angels at 5am this morning.

7 taxis crashed in Finglas alone last night (that i know of - probably more), the whole way home there were cars just dumped in the middle of the road.

if you want to blame someone maybe you should be blaming the SUV drivers, or the people who leave the tv's on standby at night :rolleyes:

-- I'm blaming the fact that this country comes to a standstill when a poxy 1-2 inches of snow comes down and the country comes to a standstill - you may have had fun at 5am, but i didn't - i was fecking petrified - my phone died on me, was by myself, etc

We were forecast this weather last week and the roads should have been more prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

We were forecast this weather last week and the roads should have been more prepared.

There's only so much they can do about a short-term heavy fall of snow. Gritting only works up to a certain temperature and it's well beyond that now. (It's forecast to reach -9 tonight). It's not worth buying snowploughs for a (hopefully) freak outbreak of cold weather. Even if they did have the money, they wouldn't have arrived here in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

irishbird wrote: »

Absolute tosh

Only 25hrs in, but all the same - Post of the Year

Best Wishes
    Gormley Ryan & Co

Advertisement