Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moment Of The Year

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Gotta be the Robbie Keane France goal,
    International football was the one that really got me excited this year, those few months where it really seemed possibe that we could be in a major finals again were amazing,
    The Keane goal was the only moment in football this year that had me off the couch through sheer joy and kept me up screaming my head off for five minutes, great, shame the way it ended but it was a great end to a fairly ok campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

dfx- wrote: »
    peno.gif

Obviously

QUOTE]

Agree with that, really got us to focus on the job ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The day we realised that number 18 was coming home, and nothing could stop us.

610x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

As a City fan with very little to smile about over the past two decades, I think our marketing team have done a superb job over the past 12 months in terms of boosting fan morale. This was very clever -

3728668669_aa199aefc6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

He really is starting to come good again too^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Xavi6 wrote: »
    As a City fan with very little to smile about over the past two decades, I think our marketing team have done a superb job over the past 12 months in terms of boosting fan morale. This was very clever -

Is that for real? If so it's Kwality :D
    Did'nt realise Tevez has scored so many goals for City. Great signing if he keeps up that rate. Really wanted him at Liverpool pity we ain't owned by rich owners.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

dfx- wrote: »
    peno.gif

Obviously

Pepe going wild...can't think of anything quite like that. A push, a kick, studs raked on the back, a knee, one or two stamps and a punch thrown at another player. Nothing unusual on a GAA pitch maybe but football :eek:

Jaysus, I'd completely forgotten about that Pepe incident. Why did he do it? Was there words beforehand, or did he just flip out for no reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Tom65 wrote: »
    Jaysus, I'd completely forgotten about that Pepe incident. Why did he do it? Was there words beforehand, or did he just flip out for no reason?

The guy has mental issues. He still to this day has not even personally apologised to the Getafe player. Loose cannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Great match in which United were completely outclassed by the best team in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

eZe^ wrote: »

Here's another one that I loved is Zlatan's goal against Madrid. Not particularly special, but emphatic, and it was at such a perfect time in the game too!

(good quality clip to be fair)

2145960713mundoemotiincmy8.gif I was sitting down by the pitch directly in line with Ibra on the near side for this.

Absolutely stunning considering the power he struck it with on the volley. 2145960713mundoemotiincmy8.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xavi6 wrote: »

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Is that for real? If so it's Kwality :D
    Did'nt realise Tevez has scored so many goals for City. Great signing if he keeps up that rate. Really wanted him at Liverpool pity we ain't owned by rich owners.:(

:eek: You been living under a rock mate? that was huge news for weeks and weeks. Really got under Fergie's skin :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭whatnext

Kirby wrote: »
    :eek: You been living under a rock mate? that was huge news for weeks and weeks. Really got under Fergie's skin :p

"Noisey neighbours" I believe was his response

The last laugh is the sweetest.

3937469129_59027db31d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

monkey9 wrote: »
    Em.......are you sure?????

Sorry if it wasn't clear, but I meant in the moment the fourth goal went in it felt like we had our Thierry replacement at last. When a dude scores 4 in a big league game at Anfield the way Arshavin did, you've every right to think that. And by Thierry replacement I meant new goal scoring threat that you felt could pull a rabbit out of the hat and strike fear into defences. Not a like for like replacement obviously.

The Muppet wrote: »

This I understand.
    Archimedes wrote: »
    The last laugh is the sweetest.

3937469129_59027db31d.jpg

I don't get this. Tevez is proving to be worth the money and maybe even showing that he was under utilised at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This I understand.

I don't get this. Tevez is proving to be worth the money and maybe even showing that he was under utilised at United.

If you look at the picture, that img was made after the 4-3 victory. Tevez isn't worth 40m imo but that's another thread.

I don't get this. Tevez is proving to be worth the money.

You do realise that he cost City £47 million dont you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I like the way eZe picked out small individual moments, and I shall do the same with Torres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tusky wrote: »
    I like the way eZe picked out small individual moments, and I shall do the same with Torres.

I was drooling during the game after that. Unreal.

My own fav -

The two best centre midfielders in the world combining for a great goal.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Talking about value for money isn't relative for City in fairness

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I don't believe that figure :) (it doesn't suit ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

That figure is nonsense. The parties involved came out and said it's nonsense, its come from sources at manchester united. Pathetic carry on from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Indeed.

Also Tevez doing well at City doesn't reflect whether or not he was good enough for United.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

PHB wrote: »
    Indeed.

Also Tevez doing well at City doesn't reflect whether or not he was good enough for United.

Any level headed football fan will tell you that he certainly was good enough, the only people who don't think he was good enough are bitter united fans.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Any level headed football fan will tell you that he certainly was good enough, the only people who don't think he was good enough are bitter united fans.

Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

there is no question if he was good enough for united. he was a vital player for yous, and one of your best in the year you's won the PL and CL double. A season that United played better football than last season and were more successful. In my opinion, sending tevez to the bench to make way for berbatov, who cost more than 10m more than tevez would have, was a huge mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Absolutely.

Absolutely Not. I didn't think he was worth the £25 million asking price when he was still playing for United. It's got nothing to do with being bitter, I came to that conclusion by watching him play. He's doing well at city now and the best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Wengers kicking the bottle and being sent off has to be one of my favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

token56 wrote: »
    Wengers kicking the bottle and being sent off has to be one of my favourites.

:)

Another great indiv moment..only video i could find that was embeded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Les Cheats - The Defining moment of the year for any Irish Fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLUxMRYJAso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Owen puts City to the sword. Epic.

owen+goal.jpg

michael_owen_1486882c.jpg

Wayne+Rooney.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

eZe^ wrote: »

Here's another one that I loved is Zlatan's goal against Madrid. Not particularly special, but emphatic, and it was at such a perfect time in the game too!

(good quality clip to be fair)

Special mention to Iniesta telling C. Ronaldo to 'shut the fu*k up' in Spanish after he whinged over a free kick decision. :D

As you can see, I'm a bit of an Ibrahimovic/ Iniesta fanboy. :p

Are we allowed to count Ibras goals/skills as good yet or is it still a case of anybody being able to do that on youtube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Des wrote: »
    Henry_Handball_Cheats_Ireland_Out_of_World_Cup_Place_xlarge.jpg

That was the moment of football in 2009, the whole world was talking about it.
    Les Cheats - The Defining moment of the year for any Irish Fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLUxMRYJAso

Has to be, by a country mile too

The Muppet wrote: »
    Absolutely Not. I didn't think he was worth the £25 million asking price when he was still playing for United. It's got nothing to do with being bitter, I came to that conclusion by watching him play. He's doing well at city now and the best of luck to him.

Imo if united had kept Tevez they'd be certs for the league.

If Rooney gets injured they are in big trouble.

Berbatov and Owen aren't good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

rarnes1 wrote: »

Tevez didn't/couldn't perform in a rotation system.

If he was at United this season he'd be performing to a similar level as he did last season, and that isn't worth 25+million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I seriously doubt thats what you'd be saying rarnesy bai if Tevez were still there. Were you praising him for being so good last season? Or does it just suits the aul agenda now that hes hit a good run of form?

It does gladden me to hear that you think that United's squad is one decent sub striker away from being championship certainties. Didn't realise you rated them so highly tbh. :pac:

• Advertisement

Tevez didn't/couldn't perform in a rotation system.

If he was at United this season he'd be performing to a similar level as he did last season, and that isn't worth 25+million.

He's a better option that the 2 others that are there no question.

I didn't think he was worth 25m either tbh, but seeing as Berb was 30m it might not have been the worst deal in the world.

Don't get me wrong, he's no world beater, but a very good player. He's a player I'd love at Liverpool with Torres though :o
    flahavaj wrote: »
    I seriously doubt thats what you'd be saying rarnesy bai if Tevez were still there. Were you praising him for being so good last season? Or does it just suits the aul agenda now that hes hit a good run of form?

It does gladden me to hear that you think that United's squad is one decent sub striker away from being championship certainties. Didn't realise you rated them so highly tbh. :pac:

The table doesn't lie and united are right up there.

Tevez would give that lttle bit extra when a game is tight and would be more likely to make an impact especially as a sub than Owen and Berb over the course of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He's a better option that the 2 others that are there no question.

I didn't think he was worth 25m either tbh, but seeing as Berb was 30m it might not have been the worst deal in the world.

Don't get me wrong, he's no world beater, but a very good player. He's a player I'd love at Liverpool with Torres though :o

Berbs was already there though. Overpaying for one under performing striker doesn't mean United should have gone out and done the same a second time.

He would be a better option than Owen, but I don't know if he is £25million better, given that he was sulking all last season about the rotation and sniping at the players and manager in the press. Hints that he was a bad influence in the dressing room too due to his unhappiness with his squad position.

Personally, I think United were right not to sign him, but I do think we should have brought in someone better than Owen, who has not lived up to my expectations at least.

given that he was sulking all last season about the rotation and sniping at the players and manager in the press.

The writing was on the wall when he did that.

I guess Fergie will be proved right/wrong come May and he tends to get it right on more occasions than not.

Actually, if Im being honest, my favourite moment of the year came on the 8th March, when Ronaldo scored his first goal for Corinthians after most people thought he would never play football again after rupturing his kneecap ligament for the third time. Just look at the emotion in this video... I have never seen a goal matter so much to someone than I have in this.

Ronaldo is my hero, and seems to be an attraction for criticism these days despite still being one of the best strikers in the world. I maintained then, and still maintain now that this goal meant more to me than United winning the league or even had they won the Champions League.

Advertisement