Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabbatical Elections 2010

Options
  • 31-12-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

So the exams are over and Christams is drawing to an end....

Has anyone announced yet for the upcoming elections. ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

You tell us UCDvotes...
    Actually don't bother.
    Lock thread, theres one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

This thread is as pointless as the SU is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Lock thread, theres one already.

They've probably been made by the same person too. It's the person who gives us all the gossip from inside the SU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Notorious wrote: »
    They've probably been made by the same person too. It's the person who gives us all the gossip from inside the SU.

And anybody who is in the know, knows exactly who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

I'm not in the know, please tell me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Already a thread on this...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

So the exams are over and Christams is drawing to an end....

Has anyone announced yet for the upcoming elections. ???
    Hi Gary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

This year I'm voting based on whichever candidate's campaign team give me the most blow jobs.
    If none are forthcoming then I'll vote RON, and burn down the Quinn Building.

33% God wrote: »
    This year I'm voting based on whichever candidate's campaign team give me the most blow jobs.
    If none are forthcoming then I'll vote RON, and burn down the Quinn Building.

A sound a voting policy as any.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

dyl10 wrote: »
    I'm not in the know, please tell me!

+ feckin 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

UCD Bum for welfare

Librocop for communications

Pat Patterson for president

Those votes would be as useful as the actual ones im pretty sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

MrKingsley wrote: »
    UCD Bum for welfare
    I get the feeling that this one could quite easily win actually...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Jesus christ, this thread is as embarrassing as the type of depressing people who actually run for this sort of thing.

A note to all union types. When the guys dressed as pirates in the arts block laugh at you, you can be damned sure everyone else does aswell.

No offence to my arts block mateys arrgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

I would love to see certain members of this board run for election with the purpose of dissolving the union.

TDOie wrote: »
    I would love to see certain members of this board run for election with the purpose of dissolving the union.

I'd prefer a complete restructuring, make the union actually do its intended job and split ents off as a separate entity. Theres no reason every student should be subsidising a minority of students' nights out drinking.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I totally agree with both of these posts. The union has, for the last 7 years or so, wasted students money on their own nonsense and irrelevant external issues.

Ents should be moved to being an ents committee, with an ents manager. Run by students, but the provision of entertainment is not the same skillset that running the wider SU requires.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Red Alert wrote: »
    I totally agree with both of these posts. The union has, for the last 7 years or so, wasted students money on their own nonsense and irrelevant external issues.

Ents should be moved to being an ents committee, with an ents manager. Run by students, but the provision of entertainment is not the same skillset that running the wider SU requires.

Fighting a democratic bureaucracy with an undemocratic, more bureaucratic, bureaucracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 blueharvest

Let the games begin!!

Let the games begin!!

no one cares!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 blueharvest

Well your running for Pres so I assume you at least care....

Well your running for Pres so I assume you at least care....

I smell a Unionite! <grabs bible and torch>

Ill run if you check the rules about an ex student running :p:D and also if I dont have to do any actual campaigning, ill just send on all my policies and run by proxy.

Paul Lynham was out collectung signatures today, he's running for president. So is Donnacha O'Suilleabhain. More of the same old, same old. You'd think some of them would actually consider graduating at one point or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

pljudge321 wrote: »
    Paul Lynham was out collectung signatures today, he's running for president. So is Donnacha O'Suilleabhain. More of the same old, same old. You'd think some of them would actually consider graduating at one point or another.

He must be about 40 at this stage. What degree is he doing? Time these lads got put out to pasture

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

i'm not sure on the requirements,paul lynam is going for it,but as far as I know he has actually graduated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I have heard some mumblings but I dont want to gossip. As long as the current Fine Gael/Fianna Fail infested executive is replaced I dont care who gets in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

until they vote to drain the lake so there is somewhere to riot its pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

You'd think there should be a policy that you can only occupy a place on any of the union executive positions for 1 year, it seems to be a case of musical chairs, where these lads seem to swap places with each other every year and the same people are always involved in organising who gets into D2 (which seems to be the unions' main function at the moment!)

Lynham and O'Sullivan. Jesus Id deffinately win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Advertisement