Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving conditions tonight...help!

• 31-12-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all, I have a six a.m flight out of Cork and am travelling from West Cork, normally a 45 minute journey. Just checked airport conditons and seems that the temperature will be around -3 to -6 when I leave for the airport. Just wondering whether it would be more sensible to leave earlier tonight to avoid these temperatures ( and spend a couple extra boring hours in the airport). No experience driving in these conditions so don't know what to expect. All advice greatly appreciated.!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

go early and stay in a close by hotel tonight? I'd normally do this to catch flights at that time anyway.

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 SA1

Thanks Paul. only thing is there are five of us, so a hotel could be expensive, was thinking of going about 12, and then just taking it very slowly on the way up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Weather for Cork airport

Forecast
    The report was made 4 hours and 13 minutes ago, at 11:00 UTC
    Forecast valid from 31 at 12 UTC to 01 at 12 UTC
    Wind 18 kt from northeast with gusts up to 29 kt
    Visibility greater than 10 km
    Scattered clouds at a height of 1700 ft
    Broken clouds at a height of 3000 ft
    Becoming
    from 31 at 12 UTC to 31 at 14 UTC
    Wind 16 kt from north/northeast
    Becoming
    from 31 at 22 UTC to 01 at 01 UTC
    Wind 10 kt from north
    Probability 30%
    from 01 at 07 UTC to 07 at 10 UTC
    Visibility 0600 m
    Scattered clouds at a height of 100 ft
    fog

Looks like it will be just cold down your way Aviation weather forecasts are usually very accurate. Looks like there will be fog after you depart. I suggest doubling your expected travel time and taking it handy. Enjoy the trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 SA1

Thanks for that, I think we will head off at about 2. Very early but like you suggested, it should allow us plenty time to get there at a slow speed.

Advertisement