Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Super Smash Bros Communitee in Dublin?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering if there was any Super Smash Bros Brawl players/tournaments in Dublin?

Anyone know about any?

Also, exchanging friend codes?

Zaffy - 3866 9493 9689

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Nope although I did see a few people playing it in Belfast when I was there for the DragonSlayers ranbat.

Perhaps you could try and make one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah try and connect with Irish smash bros players and yeas can use this forum to organise meet ups and tournies and build a community.

Not as difficult as you may think.

Even if yeas are all pure casual players, its great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

To get you started I think kirby plays it and one of my friends plays it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I don't have Brawl and what I've played of it I didn't really like, but Melee is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I would be interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

me too. Couldn't use XGC because they don't have wii's. But the new gamesnash place in dunboyne has wii's so thats an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Never played it on any type of serious level at all, but would be interested in participating in a casual / tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm pretty certain that some of the universities have/had Smash communities - my advice is to cross-post in some of the big Smash-specific forums on the web as well as in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Zaffy

Jim wrote: »
    Never played it on any type of serious level at all, but would be interested in participating in a casual / tournament!

Same here, I just play for Fun online and etc, but it'd be interesting if we got a lil group.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain that some of the universities have/had Smash communities - my advice is to cross-post in some of the big Smash-specific forums on the web as well as in here.

I have seen comments of a smash tournament in dublin, but it was a one of thing in july or august or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Two events that I know of that happened in 2009:

Tir na Smash 2 (April)

Eirtakon 2009 (November)

Both were University events alright...

edit: And GaelCon (hosted console events for the first time) (October) - not a college event.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Kirby wrote: »
    me too. Couldn't use XGC because they don't have wii's. But the new gamesnash place in dunboyne has wii's so thats an option.

Just to confirm that we have two wii consoles in the Dunboyne venue but if needed / you got your numbers up we could provide another couple for a tournament or meet up. I'd suggest as the others have posted check out the demand from the board here and elsewhere and if you want to arrange a meet up we would be delighted to host it even if it starts as only a handful of people. :)

Advertisement