Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0818 numbers

• 31-12-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Jazus, a call from my o2 mobile to an 0818 number costs a crazy 35c per minute!! No kidding. So to call Sky customer services and likely be on hold for several minutes I gotta pay them for the privilege!
    From a landline (NTL) cost is 7c per minute.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Calls to those types of numbers are always more expensive from mobiles, and the services themselves often state this in the small text. Its annoying, but only the operators can change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Actually I think you might be incorrect re "only the operators can change it". From what I understand the lions share of the 35c per minute goes to Sky (in this case) or to eg. Ticketmaster who also use the 0818 number.

An interesting site worth a visit is www.saynoto1890.com

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

RnR wrote: »
    Actually I think you might be incorrect re "only the operators can change it". From what I understand the lions share of the 35c per minute goes to Sky (in this case) or to eg. Ticketmaster who also use the 0818 number.

An interesting site worth a visit is www.saynoto1890.com

No, you're wrong there, the Telco would get most of it.

0818 can't cost more than a national call. So if your landline telco charges 5c a minute for a national call, 0818 will cost the same and the same goes for mobiles... they can't cost more than a national call.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

A national call from o2 to landline according to o2 is:
    part of your minutes or if outside minutes it's 25c per minute.
    call 0818 is 35c pm.

It's all very confusing. Seems Locall is completely misleading.
    A call to Sky lasting 17 minutes, 11 of these on hold, cost 119c from
    a NTL landline. Why not supply an alternative number which will allow cost of call come out of my bundle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - Moved to Rip Off Ireland

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement