Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your wish list for the New Year?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

Right lads, not long now and we'll be into a new year of shooting, whats on your shopping list for the New Year?

Heres mine;

Nightforce NXS F1 3.5-15x50 scope and mounts.

Good cleaning rod & bore guide (any suggestions?)

PES moderator.

Harris 9-13 swivel bipod.

Good sling.

Rangefinder.

Lightforce lamp and some good batteries.

The scope and cleaning gear are priority obviously and the rest will be spread out over the year.
    Gonna try and stay off the sauce now for a while as a New Years resolution, should help save a few quid for those bits!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

Let's see,
    1.Fair treatment from this Government
    2.Fair treatment from this Government's servants/agencies (Gardai & Departments)
    3.A change of Government from this current bunch of muppets

I notice a trend in my wish list...

Happy New Year to you & yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

• New range bag
    • New jacket
    • Balance bags for training
    • Time to get to the range and use all of the above!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I drew one up 2 months ago and got the final piece in the post this morning so its of to the range on Saturday....... yayeeee.:D

Quick summary;

1) Savage F/TR,
    2) Nightforce BR 8-32x56, Mil-dot reticle,
    3) Nightforce 30mm rings,
    4) 20 moa Warne picatinny rail,
    5) New Dewey rod and heads,
    6) Sinclair Bipod,
    7) Protektor Rear bag,
    8) levels, case and some accessories.

One thing on my wishlist for some years now that i cannot bring myself to buy but threaten to every year,

Beretta DT10 Trident sporting. For no other reason other than I WANT ONE. Fingers crossed this could be the year :)
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Nice rifle put together there Ezridax, I'd say you can't wait to get to the range with it!
    Did you get caught for duty on the stuff from Sinclair Int?

P.S. get some pics up:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I thinking of going for a .17hrm in the New Year. I goy my first licence for a .22 Gamo air rifle in Sept and a Lanber 12g in Dec. I want the rifle for rabbits giving better range than the above two, does anyone think I could asking for too much too soon?

• Advertisement

Why not, all they can say is no!

murph226 wrote: »
    Nice rifle put together there Ezridax, I'd say you can't wait to get to the range with it!

Cheers and you are correct sir. Itchy finger.
    Did you get caught for duty on the stuff from Sinclair Int?

No. Small orders, plus i usually only order stuff from them that cannot be got elsewhere like their Bipod. Other stuff i got from online dealers in Europe and Ebay, a vastly underrated tool in getting equipment together.

Working on it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Hmmm. We did one of these 18 months ago, interesting to compare the lists then and now...
    then wrote:
    • Pelican case 1700/1720. 2 off. One to put all my smallbore stuff into, one for all my air rifle stuff. Not sure if it should be the 1700 or the 1720 - the 1720+rifle alone breaks the airline's baggage limit for sports kit. The 1700 doesn't but you have to dismantle the rifle to fit it in. But then, you have to dismantle the rifle for airline travel anyway. Maybe two 1720s for domestic matches and one 1700 for international with two sets of foam for smallbore and air. Why not, it's only money! :D bought one 1720 in the end
    • Pelican 1550 or Storm 2500 or 2370 case for all my air pistol stuff. bought a cheaper case in Maplin in the end
    • Cheap pair of varga glasses for air pistol shooting (the champions are great for both rifle and pistol, but adjusting them to go from one to the other is a major adjustment because I'm facing to the right for air rifle and to the left for air pistol.
    • Balance bags from Physio Supplies in Irishtown
    • New shooting jacket, trousers, but those wait because I'm 40lb overweight right now (you try months of working all hours with no gym time and too much good food) so there's no point in buying them.
    • New kitbag (old one's falling apart) bought one, it's useless, need to buy a better one
    • Training camp in Kuortane in November (€2k right there)
    • Possibly going to Intershoot/European 10m Championships/ISSF WC Munich next year (if I make the cut, that's maybe €1k each by the time you're done)
    • Three Fujitsu LT C-500s for the rifle club managment system I'm playing with for DURC (still in early development after 8 years :D )
    • A Noptel. Or a Rika. Or a Scatt. In that order of preference.
    • A variable foresight iris.
    • Those custom moulded earplugs (I have wierdly shaped ear canals)
    • Better boot trees, specifically the ones where they just snap onto the shoe, because the cheap slidey ones I have are a pain on the fingers to do up all the time.
    • My own shooting mat for smallbore
    • The new MEC book on air rifle shooting
    (lines drawn through stuff I've since gotten)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Ah, yes here we go again this year, well lets see...

Ruger MkII VT in 25/06
    Nikon Monarch X (4-16x50) for on top of above.
    Allowed to reload for above.
    and more time to shoot the above.

that would do ;)

FS

Why not, all they can say is no!

Cheers, I was thinking that myself, and I a making some ground about trying to contact the nearest Game Club and I'm getting Eircom's Phone Watch system installed in a few weeks, so maybe once I get those sorted I'll slip one in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

1. A Change of Government.
    2. A successful D.C. Appeal and the return of my two pistols.

Providing the above happens.

3. To be able to shoot at the range in short sleeves at least a few months next year.
    4. To be able to put a post on Boards titled "It was all worth it lads"

Odysseus wrote: »
    Cheers, I was thinking that myself, and I a making some ground about trying to contact the nearest Game Club and I'm getting Eircom's Phone Watch system installed in a few weeks, so maybe once I get those sorted I'll slip one in.

Think about adding on the back up radio link with the Phonewatch (in case the wires are cut).

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sparks wrote: »
    Hmmm. We did one of these 18 months ago, interesting to compare the lists then and now...

Then:
    • A comfortable hand-stop
    • Comfortable ear-plugs
    • A good quality sling
    • A shooting jacket
    • A proper shooting glove
    • Good shooting underwear
    • A kitbag that fits all of my kit without destroying it.
    • A good strong wall to bolt a safe to (and if it's rented, permission from the landlord to do so).
    • A safe.
    • A rifle to go in the safe.
    • A Peli/Storm case for the rifle.
    • A good spotting scope.

Now:
    • A comfortable hand-stop
    • Comfortable ear-plugs
    • A good quality sling
    • A shooting jacket
    • A proper shooting glove
    • Good shooting underwear
    • A kitbag that fits all of my kit without destroying it.
    • A good strong wall to bolt a safe to (and if it's rented, permission from the landlord to do so).
    • A safe.
    • A rifle to go in the safe.
    • A Peli/Storm case for the rifle.
    • A good spotting scope.

As you can see, I picked up a strong wall and thanks to the property crash it came with a home attached! All I need to do is finish decorating the place and then I can look at getting the rifle, safe and case. I had intended to start the process of getting the rifle before Christmas but I've had zero free time since the start of November.

I've also picked up the following as Christmas/birthday gifts:
    • A mat.
    • An iris.
    • A small Peli case for bolt & ammo.

So, the list for the coming year:
    1. Range time. (Most important of all!)
    2. A rifle (probably a Bleiker in an Anschutz Precise stock)
    3. A safe to put the rifle in.

knockon wrote: »
    Think about adding on the back up radio link with the Phonewatch (in case the wires are cut).

Cheers, I don't want to derail the thread but what's the story with that? Could you direct me to where I would get more info please?

Odysseus wrote: »
    Cheers, I don't want to derail the thread but what's the story with that? Could you direct me to where I would get more info please?

Phonewatch put them in. About €350 approx but they have other options as well. Call phonewatch and they will see you right.

knockon wrote: »
    Phonewatch put them in. About €350 approx but they have other options as well. Call phonewatch and they will see you right.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Can't remember what my last list was, so I'll start with a really ambitious list for the new year (will probably get some, but not all).

Competitive Stuff

New shooting glove
    Batch of tested ammunition
    My own mat
    My own spotting scope and stand
    New, synthetic sling
    Possibly new lens for shooting glasses
    Medal from World University Shooting Championships

Other stuff

Customised .300 Win Mag
    CZ .17HMR
    Nice shotgun, game or sporter. (Ideally, a nice AYA No. 4 as a game gun, but probably a sporter, so I can shoot some clays)
    New shooting trousers
    New boots
    Funds for a trip abroad. Thinking wild boar in Germany over the Christmas.

Yeah, I'll hopefully do a decent chunk of the competitive stuff. The other stuff, well, boots and probably another gun of some description will probably happen, maybe a decent pair of hard-wearing trousers. After that...

IRLConor wrote: »
    A rifle (probably a Bleiker in an Anschutz Precise stock)
    Wow. UberFancy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

A hassle free year for all gunowners in the ROI.

My restricted liscense for Glock,Remmy 1100 and Remmy R25.
    A sucessful DC court appeal for them all if need be.

A prompt and quick change of Govt from this bunch of duplicitous,conceited,lying,incompetant,corrupt,antigun,monney grubbing bunch of oligarchs,for somthing less of the above.

Failing that to use the famous Rowan Atkinson Blackadder letter."May your head fall off at an inconvient moment."My special wish for Mr Dermot Aherne&Co:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Failing that to use the famous Rowan Atkinson Blackadder letter."May your head fall off at an inconvient moment."My special wish for Mr Dermot Aherne&Co:rolleyes:

Would that be the big head or little head???:D

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sparks wrote: »
    Wow. UberFancy. :D

I keep telling myself that if I amortize the cost of the rifle over its lifespan it's pretty cheap. :) That and "well, it's a lot cheaper than the mortgage...". :D
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    A prompt and quick change of Govt from this bunch of duplicitous,conceited,lying,incompetant,corrupt,antigun,monney grubbing bunch of oligarchs,for somthing less of the above.

Well, we'll probably have a cabinet reshuffle in the near future. It's not an election, but it's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Forgot to mention on the competitive end, Centra rearsight

centrarearsight.jpg

Centra Adjustable Foresight

anschutz9750duoiris.jpg

And a System Gemini Buttplate

hpsaktivfreeriflebuttplate.jpg

May also be tempted to change stocks, but first, need to get inexplicably wealthy. Would be tempted by a GE600, out of production, but in existence. Must also give my stock some nice treatment, it's looking fairly battered and sad these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

3" off the waist and 2 stone off the body.

The same wish as last year. :(

clivej wrote: »
    3" off the waist and 2 stone off the body.

The same wish as last year. :(

+1, except 13" and 10 stone :o

Have a friend going to the States in feb and she's gonna bring back the scope:D

I was quoted €2475 from a dealer here:eek:, the same scope over is around €1600:D

I was quoted €2475 from a dealer here:eek:, the same scope over is around €1600:D

Thats an absolutely ridiculous price. Even the 12-42x56 NXS don't cost that much. Who ever quoted you that price must have thought you wanted 2 of them. It should be around €1450 - €1500 (max) here.

Nice rifle put together ....

Finally got the camera working. They are up on the Target forum.

Just came across this for the Tikka:cool:

http://www.webshop.roedale.de/product_info.php?info=p139_RCS-Stock--Complete-.html&XTCsid=d87520e30de6176a40fb6f384cac1045

think that'll have to wait till next year:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Heres mine,
    1. Licence for a .223 to come through the door soon,
    2. New shotgun,
    3. Proper new lamping gear,
    4. New wheels,
    5. Decent boots,
    6. Harris bipod,
    7. Mod,
    8. Maybe another dog,
    9. Few non shooting stuff
    10. Euromillions for all of the above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

some F ing weather to use the gear i have , frost and snow for the last 3 weeks ,rain and fog for the 6 weeks before that.

Advertisement