Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks for everyone else?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Sorry!! I didn't mean to offend ya
    it seems like I commited a crime

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

irish_man wrote: »

Did you?

If the point of the mocks is to give you an opportunity to do a dry run for the real thing, and to give you some kind of indication of how your preparation is coming along, how does it "help" if someone tells you what is coming up?

Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Off-topic mocks related story: Last year some idiot in my Irish class asked the teacher about what to write for some random essay a week before the mocks. Naturally that very same essay was what was on our mock paper. Our teacher absolutely ate the heads of us afterwards, she thought all of us were in on it and knew everything that was on the paper...

Anyway if you are going to look up the papers, be clever about it because your teachers aren't morons.
    But really lads, at the end of the day you're not doing yourselves any favours by cheating. The mocks don't count for anything, so you might as well just take the bad grade; after all you want your points to go up from the mocks, not down.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

mine don'y start until the 22nd of february!!!:(....guess i don't get to enjoy the february midterm!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bub123

here its a waste of time just debating whats right/wrong to do, everyone has their own opinion. anyway those of you who think its wrong for us "cheaters" to cheat, ye're the ones benefiting from this because ye MIGHT end up doin better than us in the real thing! so if anyone has mock papers and wants to share, just put them up :):):) and use spoilers :) mine are kinda early -4th feb, but if anyone has any idea for either of the companies (if their teacher told them, hinted, etc) please let us know thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

Mine start on the 10th. 3 days of mocks, midterm, another week of them. Not sure whether its a good or bad thing? Was hoping the febraury mindterm would be relaxing. I probably would of been freaking out about study anyways so at least i have an exucse now i guess lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Colm C

Mine arent until the week after the mid-term.Mid Feb i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Lawliet wrote: »
    Off-topic mocks related story: Last year some idiot in my Irish class asked the teacher about what to write for some random essay a week before the mocks. Naturally that very same essay was what was on our mock paper. Our teacher absolutely ate the heads of us afterwards, she thought all of us were in on it and knew everything that was on the paper...

Anyway if you are going to look up the papers, be clever about it because your teachers aren't morons.
    But really lads, at the end of the day you're not doing yourselves any favours by cheating. The mocks don't count for anything, so you might as well just take the bad grade; after all you want your points to go up from the mocks, not down.

Quite a valid point, btw my mocks don't start still around mid March, anyways, I plan to study for them, and that will include getting the mock papers from my old school as well.
    They can tell me that I 'cheated' or that my results done mean much, but that thing is that I'm going to learn it all in anyways so I'll probably have a good idea should a similar Q. come up in June, sure it isn't the honest way of doing things, but I won't lose any sleep, it still counts as studying to me, and regardless of the mocks results, I won't be any different for the following months leading up to the LC as regards the work I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Mine are starting the 23rd of february so we've got the mid-term to study, its a pity we're losing the break but I suppose it'll be handy leading up to them to get some last minute work in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Mine start February 9th, witht the midterm to study for the 2nd half of exams. Not too bad. Trying not to get too worried about them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

I'm screwed for mine. They start 12th of February which I believe is a Friday, makes sense...Then we have a week off, the same week I'm off to Bavaria skiing, then back in for mocks for the whole next week. While everyone is studying, I'll be on holidays, which worries me a bit, but hey, it's a good excuse. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Mine start the 1st of Feb and I'm not ready at all for them

I have no idea when mine start. I know they're in March, sometime. Start of I think, so we SHOULD have them back for easter so we can go over them but some of them weren't back in that time last year. As soon as they start the rest of our time till the LC should fly. I can see that the next 2 months(till my mocks) are gonna be slow as hell.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

laura93 wrote: »
    Mine start the 1st of Feb and I'm not ready at all for them
    Same.

Havent started studying Business,English, or Irish bar one tape. All HL as well...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Mine are the week after the mid term,which is grand really. Although I could use a break when they're over...
    Anyway, I'm kinda worried about them because I haven't done anything for them yet but hopefully with a bit'a cramming I'll do okay. They're not really important to me; I am working towards the Leaving Cert and especially in subjects such as English where the course changed for me this year, it doesn't really matter what results I get. Still,I hope to get into the spirit of it even if just a little, so I study and get into the habit of doing so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I find it fine studying the subjects i like or topics that i'm interested in but for some other subjects i just get bored really easily an end up taking more an more breaks. I'd love to know the timetable for my mocks (in two weeks:eek:) then i think it would become more real.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ste234

Two of my teachers that I get along quite well said to me that there's only two and other teachers told me they were getting both mock papers which insinuates there are only two. Mine start 2nd of feb and my friend's in another school start the 25th of January..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are at least three national suppliers of mock papers (I know because I order them in our school). All of the following sent me samples and order forms:

Dublin Examining Board
    Examcraft
    and Munster Examining Board.

There is also the possibility that teachers will make their own mock paper up and many do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 butlervant

could u tell wat de spoiler s i cant see it.. tanx

butlervant wrote: »

Did you try and highlight it? ie, click and drag the mouse over it? That should show you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Our timetable was put up today... We start the 3rd, but we thought it was the 2nd, so an extra day of waiting agony? :p I have at least one exam every day but I'm finished on the 10th, while a lot of people aren't done until the 12th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Mine start in 7 school days and we still have no timetable :( They said we probably won't have it until next Thursday which is ridiculus. So much work to do so little time, but at least we have a few months after that to cover what you need to.

Mine start the 8th of March, and there's gonna be some on the Saturday in order to try and get back some of the days we missed due to the weather.

From now till we finish, we've got 5 days off, not including weekends obviously.
    Gonna be some bolox.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Our mocks start two days before the mid term break in February and then go for the week after! Ugh talk about torture, no enjoyment out of that week at ALL!! It's so evil

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

butlervant wrote: »
    butlervant, welcome to Boards.

Just a heads-up, you will find that txtspit is extremely unwelcome on this site. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

I think ours start 3 days before mid term and end 2 days after it.

I'm thinking for Biology and Chemistry if I know experiments that will be good. Biology if I know Ecology and Genetics because they always come up (long questions). Then wing it for any other stuff (because lets face it people - its Biology :D)

And for Chemistry know the crap out of the Organics and also the Q.5 stuff (atoms, trends, etc) because each of them always comes up too. Then definitions too.

English I'm not sure. I actually have no idea how to prepare for Paper 1 but the poets and comparative should be okay. Its Lear I'm kinda freaking out about..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Burswood wrote: »
    I'm thinking for Biology and Chemistry if I know experiments that will be good. Biology if I know Ecology and Genetics because they always come up (long questions). Then wing it for any other stuff (because lets face it people - its Biology :D)
    This. And sexual reproduction. That always comes up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

So early for so many people. Mine starts on the 24th of Feb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 knwaca

Our teachers still haven't a clue, one class we're told the 3th, next the 4th, yesterday it was the 8th! Bloody shambles! doing my nut about maths..:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

We've been told that
    the Genetics DNA experiment (the kiwi one)
    is coming up on ours. Not sure which company. The teachers specifically decided to tell us this only, so the question must be dodgy or something :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement