Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenshots of mobile apps

Options
  • 31-12-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

You know when you see some mobile applications advertised for download on websites and they show screenshots of the game or application? How can you get those screenshots?
    I must be missing something obvious :o
    I have some applications nearly completed myself, and i want to put screenshots on a website, hence my question..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

using the emulator you can just take a print screen

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

which platform(s) are you developing for?

For J2me apps in the past I could only take static screenshots of the app running in the emulator.Also if you have a phone with TV-out such as nokia N95 you can hook this up to a screen (Very handy for app demos to large audiences via projector) and capture live app screenshots.

For iPhone apps,the easiest option for static screenshots is again to print screen the emulator,but if your app relies on the accelerometer eg you can take a screenshot of the running app by quickly holding down the lock button on top and pressing the home button on your iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

OK thanks for clearing that up.
    But does the emulator support things like HTTP?... it's been years since i've used it. Just getting back into J2ME now and getting used to the netbeans environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

It certainly can use Http.

If you haven't a piece of code at hand to test this.I quickly found this 10min solution that performs HTTP get via midlet. http://www.devx.com/gethelpon/10MinuteSolution/16646/0/page/2

One tip tho:If you are starting out in J2ME,check out the open source LWUIT framework from Sun. Its basically a light weight framework that gives a more modern look & feel to your j2me apps very easily.

Read more: http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/javame/lwuit_intro/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

ScreenSnap works well for Nokia S60 devices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement