Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember eircom was playing up earlier in the year and we changed settings to by it..

• 31-12-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭

what did we do, and would that be a reason I cannot pair up with online players in FIFA 10 through my PS3?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

podge018 wrote: »
    what did we do, and would that be a reason I cannot pair up with online players in FIFA 10 through my PS3?

You mean their DNS poisoning? In that case change your DNS servers to OpenDNS's or the Google DNS service (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

I dont understand.

Everything bar this issue is working fine, I'm just wondering if it is because of what we done to get around the issue eircom was having at the time. I know feck all about DNS servers/ ports / Nat 1, 2 and 3 etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I dont understand.

Everything bar this issue is working fine, I'm just wondering if it is because of what we done to get around the issue eircom was having at the time. I know feck all about DNS servers/ ports / Nat 1, 2 and 3 etc.

Your choice of DNS servers won't impact your NAT status. I can't answer about any potential impact on the matchmaking without more details about the mechanism and logic they use to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

rest your eircom box turn firewall low or off on your routiers page then connect your internet cable into your ps3 use your ppoe password and user name which are user name eircom password broadband1 you get nat1 and have no problems playing your ps3

Advertisement