Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Megane window gone

• 31-12-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Looks like the window regulator on the Megane has gone again, I read somewhere a while back that Renault had extended the warranty on regulators or were covering the cost of part of the repair given that it is a know issue.

Anyone else have more concrete info on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Yes I had window mechanism fail when megane just under 4 years old and apparantly a known fault and the warranty on this item was extended to four years from previous 2 years. I got it done in main dealer and in a short time the door opening/lock on that side of car is faulty. No joy in getting them to admit they might have had something to do with it!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 smallcapmac

window regulator is shot on my meagane also. Its an 04 so no warrenty. they are quoting 400+ to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The OH's passenger electric window is also gone - for the second time and not including that the drivers went previously also. It's 06.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

400+ to fix!!! My God thats criminal!

My wifes regulator went on an 01 Focus, got the part for 55 euro from a scrap yard and with a search on internet found pictured instructions to install it.
    Myself and my Dad did it in about 1-1.5 hr.

If you know a mechanic see if you cna get the part yourself from scrap yards and get mechanic to put it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Ebay is full of Megane regulators, buy one and get a mechanic to fit it for you, €400 is robbery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

What year is your Megane? Renault do have an extended goodwill on them, depending on the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

smooch71 wrote: »
    What year is your Megane? Renault do have an extended goodwill on them, depending on the year.

Regulators are covered for 4 years I believe.

Advertisement