Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are people doing tonight?

Options
  • 31-12-2009 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

For those of us who cant get into pubs?
    What are people doin tonight the gaff party I was goin to head to has just been canceled? And its way to cold to go on the knack.
    What to do now...?
    Anyone wana through out a few ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

1) Have a few over to your house

2) Peer-pressure a mate into letting you into theirs

3)Chance your arm at going out anyway,you'll probably be fine on new year'sThat's semi-unlegal,though

4) Do like a lot of us are and stay in on borads.We're the cool one's really :cool:.

I'm staying in.But I'm spending the weekend in Dublin with a few mates,so I can't complain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

1) Have a few over to your house

2) Peer-pressure a mate into letting you into theirs

3)Chance your arm at going out anyway,you'll probably be fine on new year'sThat's semi-unlegal,though

4) Do like a lot of us are and stay in on borads.We're the cool one's really :cool:.

1. No chance
    2. Working on it.
    3. Most likely.
    4. Probally:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I wanted to go into town and find some club to go into but then felt guilty as not all of my friends are 18. So i'm dancing at a wedding and then heading to a friends house becasue she's having a party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

it could be worse
    im babysitting tonight..its going to be pretty crappy:(
    i wont even get on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Going to a gaff-party that hasn't been cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Staying in. Really couldn't be bothered going out. I'm probably gonna fall asleep before midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

going out. (not in Dublin!:P) not sure yet where we are going seeming I am the only 18year old out of my friends.. it will be a night of "trying to get in somewhere".. ohwell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Stay in and watch Jools Holland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

^So ****ing jealous.

Going to a drunken culchie pubfest in a ****ty little village in the middle of nowhere. I'm only putting up with a night of "Well Kendy ya bollix" crap because a couple of my good friends will be there. Gonna be **** though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Was supposed to be crashing a party after going to see the delorentos
    Turns out they aren't on stage until 12:45 am
    So now I'm going drinking with some people in town first then strolling over to the academy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

A Neurotic wrote: »
    ^So ****ing jealous.

Going to a drunken culchie pubfest in a ****ty little village in the middle of nowhere. I'm only putting up with a night of "Well Kendy ya bollix" crap because a couple of my good friends will be there. Gonna be **** though.
    All my mates are staying with their families.. how boring :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Gah lack of money=home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Gaff or two.

Leaving in a minute (Enjoy a night free from me being a total antagonist......christ the last few days have been shocking! {Mainly me not sleeping due to work related things})

I'll take this opportunity to wish people a happy new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

brummytom wrote: »
    Stay in and watch Jools Holland

I <3 Jules Holland!

I'm staying in tonight,unforch. Gonna have a shower soon,wash my hair and dry it. And then watch the soaps. And then Moulin Rouge, b'fhéidir. Oh,and then all my neighbours,the ones I never really see,wil come out onto the street and be all fake and smiley as they wish me Happy New Year. Then I'll argue with my mam over wine or bacardi or somesuch, drink a can of ice cold fanta orange and hit the hay.

Do-whop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I'm heading off now myself to get ready (fake tan, hair etc)
    To all of you I've talked to over the year I wish a happy new year.
    To those of you I happened to be fortunate enough to meet this year it's been an absolute pleasure, I genuinely mean it.
    Anyway as for '09 I'm out. Talk to all you guys soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Heading out to town, really not in the mood though, would prefer to be staying in.
    A fair few of my friends work in pubs/clubs so thats a load of people who can't come out.
    Might have people back to mine after, who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I was supposed to be going out to some club with my cousin, but meh, can't really be arsed....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bringing my guitars up to Limerick_Dude's house for some musical fun with himself and our other, non-boardsie friends. Everything in Limerick tonight is stupidly expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I'm going out in town, couldn't be arsed though as one of my best friends is working in the icon in Limerick tonight...:( It's no fun going out without him.

€15 to get in aswell because there are "fire-breathers" and "dancers".
    Translation some guy will be going around throwing matchs at people and some knacker with a cowboy/santie hat will be gyrating on a speaker.

I'm off to get ready but I hope you all have a really good new year! I really mean that aswell:) *hugs for everyone*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm being a (sick) loser and staying in tonight. Going to feel sorry for myself (I always get sick at this time of year :() and read loads and listen to music I actually like.. Actually, screw that, my night beats any club I could go to.. \o/ I'm going to a gig tomorrow night though where I'm almost certainly going to have various bands singing happy birthday to me.. >.< I HATE when people do that... Get really embarrassed. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

kateos2 wrote: »
    Heading out to town, really not in the mood though, would prefer to be staying in.
    A fair few of my friends work in pubs/clubs so thats a load of people who can't come out.
    Might have people back to mine after, who knows...

I always hate going out for events like new years, Paddys day etc. Halloween is the one night that i genuinely look forward to.

Anyway I'm off to cheer up and get ready.

edit: and I just spilled vodka all over my jeans. Night is off to a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Best mates coming over a few rounds of Tiger Woods on the wii and some chilled beer then hit a probably backed pub to bring in the new years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Ughhh, not much for me to do, other than go out and have fun attempting to get into pubs, and if I don't (and I probably wouldn't) to be stuck in town in the freezing cold. Yippee. Parents wanted me to go out with them but I don't fancy sitting in a pub full of middle-aged drunk people talking stupid **** to me.

So it's the stay in and relax for me, like I've done for every other night this Christmas hols.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

. Everything in Limerick tonight is stupidly expensive.

Sadly so- Taxi home for me is then another around 30 euro (!) so I'm stayin home methinks.....New years is a load of balls anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

A night at home....hmmmm might tuck into that german cd-work:rolleyes:.......then a wee glass of wine watch a movie/msn....thats about it....but i really don't think 2010 going to be that great....got mocks,leavin...ah well we see how it goes anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

I promised my auld lad I'd spend New Years with him and mam....he's been asleep since 9...not really feeling loved atm!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Stayed at home with my missus and daughter , started on Bulmers, Miller ,Southern Comfort and now on Jameson.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Went oyt, preetty good night!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I just went for pizza and played some poker with friends. A good night was had by all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement