Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Homecare

Options
  • 31-12-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Was in Airside Retail Park, Swords today and I noticed that Atlantic Homecare is now called Woodies. I subsequently went into the original Woodies in Swords and while there I asked about Atlantic/Woodies at Airside and I was told that as both Atlantic and Woodies are owned by the same company and they are going to rebrand Atlantic Homecare as Woodies.
    I have to say I liked Atlantic(sad I know, but age does that to you). I'll miss it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

chughes wrote: »
    Was in Airside Retail Park, Swords today and I noticed that Atlantic Homecare is now called Woodies. I subsequently went into the original Woodies in Swords and while there I asked about Atlantic/Woodies at Airside and I was told that as both Atlantic and Woodies are owned by the same company and they are going to rebrand Atlantic Homecare as Woodies.
    I have to say I liked Atlantic(sad I know, but age does that to you). I'll miss it.

They have been owned by the same company for a few years now, Galway Atlantic Homecare became a Woodies a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

They have been owned by the same company for a few years now, Galway Atlantic Homecare became a Woodies a few months back.

Yes some of the boxes had the W+A, Dublin, Ireland address on them even same stuff for a few years.

When they move the Woodies in Tallaght the undergound car park also has the logo for both companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

You mean you couldn't tell they were the same company when they both sold the exact same pre-packed furniture and homewares?:p Or the fact that the stores are laid out almost exactly the same? or the prices are the same? or their 'magazines'........:D
    Atlantic/Woodies, Woodies/Atlantic......interchangeable IMO. I think I would have a harder time finding something to differentiate one from the other!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Pity really - the southside atlantic down here always had different stuff to Woodies and was abit of a treasure trove.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Not a consumer issue? IBTL? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Not a consumer issue? IBTL? :p

Well its an issue for him...and he is a consumer...:D

Advertisement