Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options
  • 31-12-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Team: AS Roma

League standings:
    09/10 - 6th
    10/11 - 2nd
    11/12 - 3rd

Cup:
    11/12 - Winner

Europe:
    09/10 - Lost in 2nd Knockout round of Europa
    10/11 - Lost in Semi-final of Europa
    11/12 - Lost in Semi-final of Champions League

Top Goalscorer:
    09/10 - Vucinic 17
    10/11 - Vucinic 39
    11/12 - Vucinic 28

Fans Player:
    09/10 - Vucinic
    10/11 - Vucinic
    11/12 - Diego Benaglio

Current 1st team:
    GK - Diego Benaglio
    RB - Marco Motta
    LB - Alessandro Crescenzi
    CB - Phillippe Mexes
    CB - Dennis Appiah
    MD - Daniele De Rossi
    MD - Andrea Poli
    MD - Nuri Sahin
    AM - Yoann Gourcuff
    ST - Mirko Vucinic
    ST - Edin Dzeko

Dodgy first season, 2nd season did really well and pushed Inter to the last few games. It helps I got 70 million TV rights so had a hefty budget. 3rd season the lad I'm playing the game with won as AC Milan, I finished 3rd on goal difference behind Juve. I had 5-6 good midfielders but getting rid of Pizzaro and Perotta is retiring, so I definitely need to stengthen now.

Was delighted getting to CL semis, in fairness I got Hamburg and a weakened Arsenal team in the knockout stage so I was lucky. If you're wondering how I got Dzeko and Gourcuff - they got unsettled by bids being refused and I moved in with my massive wads of cash! Has anyone signed Hugo Lloris??? I bid 50 million and it got rejected, got Benaglio instead but he's pretty good.

Anyone got an interesting game going you'd like to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I got Miguel Veloso in to strengthen the midfield, Juan Forlin for defence and Oscar Ustari as backup keeper. Fairly strong in all areas, have started 12/13 with 3 wins and draw in the league and beat Villareal in CL (Marseille and Litex in the group too).

Lost the Supercup to the lad I'm playing with (AC Milan).

On a sidenote, Lyon wanted 114 million for Hugo Lloris!!!! Madness!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Team: Gillingham

League standings:
    09/10 - 11th
    10/11 - 16th

Top Goalscorer:
    09/10 - Simeon Jackson 29
    10/11 - Andy Pugh 15

Fans Player:
    09/10 - Simon King
    10/11 - Zak Whitbread

Current 1st team:
    GK - Jake Kean
    DL - Danny Murphy
    DR - Godwin Antwi
    DC - Gavin Peers
    DC - Pat Kanyuka
    ML - Danny Jackman
    MR - Chris Zebroski
    MC - David Noble
    MC - Magnus Eikrem
    ST - Dylan McGeouch
    ST - Simeon Jackson

With a mid table finish in my 1st season the board were delighted, given my objective was to consolidate our position in L1.
    In the 2nd season at the start we kept the momentum going and we were in the play-off places for much of the first half of the season, then Simeon Jackson got a long injury and we struggled for goals and eventually finish 16th.
    Got Zak Whitbread on a Free within a year he had moved to Southend Utd for €1M when the board intervened.Currently in 8th 4 pts off the play-offs at the end of November.
    Average team age is 23 with the league average of 25, so I'm hoping in a year or 2 the team will have mature and be pushing for trophies.

Absolute disaster Jackson getting injured for you considering how many goals he got! Did you get any of that 1 million squid to spend? Tough tough challenge you have there, any reason you picked Gillingham?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

1st year with Arsenal I sold Almunia and splurged my transfer budget on Akinfeev.

Won the Premier League
    Won the Champions League
    Knocked out of Carling Cup in Semi's by Chelsea
    Knocked out of FA Cup in 4th Round by United

Second season sold Rosicky and Senderos and bought Kacar. Also bought Otamendi, Opare and Salvio but they're in the reserves/on loan getting experience. Currently looking into bringing in another striker and CM and shipping Eduardo and Gallas out in the summer. Considering getting rid of Denilson also. I'm also considering cashing in on Arshavin in the summer, he'll be 31 by then and Nasri is starting to get really good and I have Walcott/Salvio for the AMR position, I'll prob try hold onto him for another season though unless I get a huge bid.

I'm second in the league to Chelsea
    Won the Carling Cup
    Champions League Quarters
    Knocked out of FA Cup in the third round by United (AGAIN, sick of these tough draws :pac:)

My usual team at the moment looks like:

Akinfeev

Sagna
    Vermaelen
    Gallas
    Clichy

Song

Diaby
    Fabregas

Arshavin
    Nasri

RVP

With Ramsey and Diaby splitting game time and Walcott getting the odd run at AMR.

Fair play on winning the CL, Europe is so bloody tough...for me anyway, no matter which team I seem to be. Otamendi turns out to be very good, I remember my scouts recommending Salvio before as well.

Anyone in particular you want to bring at CM and ST?

• Advertisement

cashville wrote: »
    Fair play on winning the CL, Europe is so bloody tough...for me anyway, no matter which team I seem to be. Otamendi turns out to be very good, I remember my scouts recommending Salvio before as well.

Anyone in particular you want to bring at CM and ST?

Yeah I was delighted, I got Inter in the final and I was dreading that game, but ended up hammering them like 4-1, which was pretty amazing, especially after I'd scraped through the semi's on away goals. I just played this years QF first leg and lost 1-0 to Juve at home, I'll be lucky to get through now.

I'm not sure if I really want to bring in a CM. Ramsey and Diaby are both good, but not exceptional. Considering selling Diaby, bringing in someone awesome and using Ramsey just as cover, but that might hamper his developement. I'm leaning towards either Moutinho or Hamsik, however Moutinho has always been too inconsistent and Hamsik is going to cost huge money plus I'm not a big fan of his low work rate. Will probably go for Hamsik in the end, if I can get him.

At ST I'll probably try bring in Dzeko, heard he's a goal machine in this installment.

Absolute disaster Jackson getting injured for you considering how many goals he got! Did you get any of that 1 million squid to spend? Tough tough challenge you have there, any reason you picked Gillingham?

Yeah got 'bout €500,000 of it to spend
    bought Danny Murphy from Pat's and Chris Zebroski, most of my other signings were on a Free
    Just pressed the "pick a team for me" button and I got Gillingham, I find the game fairer that way for some reason

Frisbee wrote: »
    I just played this years QF first leg and lost 1-0 to Juve at home, I'll be lucky to get through now.

I just had my greatest football manager moment of all time.

I was drawing 2-2 with Juve in the second leg, so ten minutes to go I went all out, took off my DM and one of my CM and put 3 up front and set my tactic to overload.

89th minute I win a corner.
    Akinfeev goes up and bangs in a header, I am absolutely dumbfounded, my keeper has just scored to put me through to the Champions League Semi's.
    I don't care if I go out losing 7-0 in the semi's now, it's things like that that make this game great.

Yeah I was delighted, I got Inter in the final and I was dreading that game, but ended up hammering them like 4-1, which was pretty amazing, especially after I'd scraped through the semi's on away goals. I just played this years QF first leg and lost 1-0 to Juve at home, I'll be lucky to get through now.

I'm not sure if I really want to bring in a CM. Ramsey and Diaby are both good, but not exceptional. Considering selling Diaby, bringing in someone awesome and using Ramsey just as cover, but that might hamper his developement. I'm leaning towards either Moutinho or Hamsik, however Moutinho has always been too inconsistent and Hamsik is going to cost huge money plus I'm not a big fan of his low work rate. Will probably go for Hamsik in the end, if I can get him.

At ST I'll probably try bring in Dzeko, heard he's a goal machine in this
    installment.

I tried to get Moutinho at Roma, very very hard, they were looking for crazy money. I have Dzeko, he is a class act but every now and then he'll go 5-6 games without scoring, maybe it's me playing him the wrong way. He does get a lot of assists though, the pairing with Mirko Vucinic is a very good one. Vucinic was missing a lot of chances 1v1 in the 1st season, I asked him to start placing his shots, well just look at the stats for his goals in season 2. Unreal.

I've never bought Hamsik in it, but the guy is quality in real life. If you get him let me know how it works out.

I was drawing 2-2 with Juve in the second leg, so ten minutes to go I went all out, took off my DM and one of my CM and put 3 up front and set my tactic to overload.

Akinfeev goes up and bangs in a header, I am absolutely dumbfounded, my keeper has just scored to put me through to the Champions League Semi's.
    I don't care if I go out losing 7-0 in the semi's now, it's things like that that make this game great.

Ha ha ha, BRILLIANT!!! Well worth the 30+ million you paid for him :D That's definitely what it's all about, when I went to the semis in the CL I beat Arsenal on penalties - sudden death 8-7 no less - in the quarters. Unbelievable tension, they are definitely the moments that make the game great, well done!

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha, BRILLIANT!!! Well worth the 30+ million you paid for him :D That's definitely what it's all about, when I went to the semis in the CL I beat Arsenal on penalties - sudden death 8-7 no less - in the quarters. Unbelievable tension, they are definitely the moments that make the game great, well done!

Big time, I was so happy.

Just lost the semi's to Chelsea 3-2 on aggregate.
    And I'm ahead of Chelsea in the league on goal difference, by two goals with two games to go, edge of the seat stuff!

Great moment, Akinfeev has put himself in Arsenal folklore with that header
    Great stuff!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Team: Fleetwood Town

League Standings:
    09/10 2nd BSN
    10/11 4th BSP
    11/12 5th League 2 - Current position after 28 games

Top Goalscorer
    09/10 Garreth Seddon 33
    10/11 Branimar Kostadinov 32
    11/12 Ryan Noble 14 - Current

Highest Fee Paid James Forest from Celtic €8,000

Best Players Thomas Kind Bendikssen and Inigo Idiakez

Current 1st team

Sammy Monin
    Danny Foster
    Sam Williamson
    Laurence Gaughan
    Matty Hughes
    Aidan Downes
    Dareen Smith
    Nathan Fairhurst
    Thomas Kind Bendiksen
    Ryan Noble
    Branimir Kostadinov

Got out of BSN pretty easy with a few free signings and offering my better players full time contracts. BSP was a battle and I was lucky to just scrape into the play-offs on the last day of the season before getting a last minute winner against Wrexham in the play-off final.

Bolstered the squad for League 2 and even though we were tipped to go down we are sitting inside the promotion places. I only told the board I would attempt to avoid relegation which is a pity as the extra wages on offer would have been handy. Plenty of excellent players available on a free at this level.
    I would have liked to utilise loanees more but the right type of player wouldnt join me, so my sole loanee was Philip Quirk from Preston for 2 seasons.

Went through a takeover in the 2nd season but have seen no money invested in the club at all. I feel next season will be a lot tougher as I try to hold onto my better players and improve the squad.

Just thought I'd put this up, I'm still so proud of it, the boy has earned himself a lucrative new contract fo sho

Just thought I'd put this up, I'm still so proud of it, the boy has earned himself a lucrative new contract fo sho

Did you save the match?? Any chance you could use fraps and get a little clip of him doing it? Ha ha something else, still can't get over that!

Did you save the match?? Any chance you could use fraps and get a little clip of him doing it? Ha ha something else, still can't get over that!

Damn, that would have been smart..

I definitely would save a match if something like that happened. I remember a while ago I had a network game going and I was Arsenal, had Real Madrid in my CL group. Gallas sent off after around 20 seconds........ended up winning 5-4, last minute goal. Epic game,will try and get a screenshot.

Just a quick update on my Fleetwood Town game. After a strong push towards automatic promotion from league 2 it came down to the last game of the season, between myself and Luton. Level on points but just ahead of them on goal difference. A 0-0 draw was enough to secure promotion to league 1.

With my wage budget buckling, 11 players were released on a free to free up space for new aquisitions.

A transfer budget of €500 :eek: awaits me to try and stay in league 1.

That'll be a challenge Gonzo but you've done well so far.
    Have any clubs come knocking on your door for your services yet

Crosáidí wrote: »
    That'll be a challenge Gonzo but you've done well so far.
    Have any clubs come knocking on your door for your services yet

Ye a few have alright. Inverness being the biggest, they offered me a transfer budget of €875,000 which would be lovely but I want to see how far I can get with this lot.
    League 2 was surprisingly easy. Just played control at home and counter attacking away. The pace of my strikers was what did it for me.

I cant get anyone decent to join me on loan. Thought being in league 1 would allow me to loan younger premier league/championship players but no one will come.

I also still only have basic youth/training facilities so not much hope of developing any youth players in the near future.

Just had my best win so far. 3-0 at home to Championship side Blackpool in the League cup 1st round. Furthest I've reached in the cup!

• Advertisement

Did you try to get a Parent team, they will loan you players and pay their wages also

Preston N.E. Only problem is their squad is so small they don't really have anybody.

Up to January 1st now sitting 3 points above relegation and really need to find players somewhere.

You should look to sever links with them so, and if you stay in league one try get a Prem team.
    Hope you don't get hit with too many injuries in the 2nd half of your season

Right finished n=my 1st season in League 1 in 16th place, 5 points clear of relegation. Thought I might get some funds but again I get 500 euro. My wage budget was increased by 1k per week which didn't leave me much room to manouvere. Released 8 or 9 players and brought in a few on loan from Falkirk reserves, Dunfermiline reserves and Preston sent me a few players too. Nothing special but just enough to keep squad numbers up. Played 9 games now and am sitting mid-table. I don't see myself getting promoted either this season and I doubt I will see much funds. Currently 3k p/w over budget. ANy advice on how to generate some much needed cash?

Car Wash!

0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Team: Man Utd

League standings:
    09/10 - 1st
    10/11 - 1st
    11/12 - 1st
    12/13 - 1st
    13/14 - 1st
    14/15 - 1st

Cup:
    09/10 & 12/13 - Winner

Europe:
    09/10 - Lost in 1st Knockout round of CL
    10/11 - Lost in Semi-final of CL
    11/12 - Lost in Quarter-final of Champions League
    12/13 - Lost in 1st Knockout round of CL
    13/14 - Winner
    14/15 - Lost in Semi-final of CL

Top Goalscorer:
    09/10 - Rooney 40
    10/11 - Berbatov 37
    11/12 - Rooney 35
    12/13 - Rooney 35
    13/14 - Rooney 34
    14/15 - Rooney 42

Fans Player:
    09/10 - Rooney
    10/11 - Berbatov
    11/12 - Rooney
    12/13 - Rooney
    13/14 - Rooney
    14/15 - Rooney

Current 1st team:
    GK - Hugo Lloris
    RB - Rafael*
    LB - Patrice Evra
    CB - Jonny Evans*
    CB - Kyriakos Papadopolous*
    MR - Franciso Javier*
    ML - Antoine N'Gossan*
    MC - Cesc Fabregas
    MC - Anderson
    ST - Wayne Rooney
    ST - Tom Molyneux*

S1 - Mark Brown*
    S2 - Nemanja Vidic
    S3 - Dodo
    S4 - Andrew O'Brien*
    S5 - Martin Galvan*
    S6 - Franck Ribery
    S7 - Danny Welbeck*

* Been at the club since under the age of 19

I play with a strict policy of bringing up players through my ranks and try and also try to keep my team fairly British. I also stick to bringing in players who were once at the club or are worldwide names (hence fabregas). At one stage 9 of Englands under 21 starting 11 were with me. I also try and keep on long term players as staff. I've got Gary Neville, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, Beckham and Van Der Sar in my coaching staff. It would be far too easy being Utd so I try and put on these limitations and keep tradition within the club.

Fabregas to United, holy moly!

Yeah only cost me 52 million and an amazing prospect goalkeeper. Average of 7.02 and 3 red cards halfway through the season...not really worth it!

Real FM wrote: »
    Yeah only cost me 52 million and an amazing prospect goalkeeper. Average of 7.02 and 3 red cards halfway through the season...not really worth it!

Yeah it can be weird like that. I remember in FM 08 or 09 I was playing a network game with a mate, he was Inter I was Roma (I always seem to get Roma) and he tried to get Kaka, Milan wouldn't sell him to a rival and luckily enough I had the 60 million they wanted. He never really did anything for me though :confused:

Some waste of money.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend how you play him? I have him as a deep lying playmaker as Anderson is my advanced play maker.

Advertisement