Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Don't know what to do come end of season. Will have a year left on contract but don't think i'll renew, not that bothered about trying to win Champions League with Marseille, would prefer to do it with Juve, PSG or Napoli.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

18/19 - Coca-Cola Championship 5th (promoted via play-off, 2-1 against Newcastle aet)

League Cup - 4th round
    FA Cup - 6th round

Board have decided to build a new stadium with a capacity of 14,368 to be finished in May 2020.

Received new sponsorship deal of 725k per year, previously 78k per year.

I have been given a huge 20m transfer budget and a weekly wake budget of 180k to avoid relegation up from 100k and 80k/w respectively.

The board have just announced a link with AC Milan.

One thing thats strange is I'm not even listed on favoured personnel.

Well that was the hardest season I have played in FM.

EPL - 17th position - 34pts - 27 for - 68 against.
    League Cup - 4th round
    FA Cup - 4th round

Not sure if I spent my 20m well at all. Thought I was getting a bargain signing Lukaku for 5m. He was back with Anderlecht after a few poor seasons with Spurs. He ended up my top scorer, more to do with the fact I had no one else. The defence was awful leaky, as ye can see by the amount of goals I conceded. The only thing that kept me up was the fact the teams below me were unbelievably bad.

Highlight of the season was beating Man.Utd 2-0 away from home, but they did finish 11th in the league. Worst moments were the five 6 goal drubbings I received. I also went on a 12 match run without winning.

Villa won the league by 18 points. West Ham , Notts Co. and Birmingham were worse than me and went down.

Team that finished the season

GK - Antonio - on loan from Milan
    DR - Alberto Massacci - joined me from Man Utd when I was in league 1 on a free
    DC - Steven Taylor - free from Spurs at the start of season
    DC - Laurence Gaughan - with me since BSP
    DL - Ben Burgess - signed on a free from Everton when in league 1
    DMC - Jack Cork - signed for 4.7m from Bristol City
    MC - Connor Clifford - signed from Chelsea on a free in EPL
    MC - Josh McEachran - signed from Chelsea on a free in league 1
    MC - Chris Laird - signed from Cardiff on a free in league 1
    ST - Romelu Lukaku - signed from Anderlecht for 5m - 15 goals
    ST - Matteo Arnold - Gimnastic for 5m

We have just moved to our all seater Fleetwood Stadium with a capacity of 14871. Double the capacity of Highbury.

I have been given 23.5m for transfers and 225k p/w for wages to avoid relegation. So hopefully I can make an improvement over last season.

Feel I can do better this year as my scouts have had a chance to look around Europe for the first time so I should be able to pick up some bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Quality thread this. Only seeing it now :o

I know SantryRed, and started with Kildare County myself the same time. I havn't gone as far in the game as him, but I just started 2015 now.

I'll post up the full summary thing tomorrow but today, I went and signed a new striker for 2.6 million :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

My season is just wrapping up now and i'm bitterly dissapointed TBH, really thought we could win the Premiership this season. But two games to go we are 6 points behind Man City who also knocked us out in the FA Cup semi finals and we were knocked out in the Quarter finals of the Champions League by Lyon. Had a fair few injurys in the team which cost us, also a few games we threw away. The home game to Lyon I was missing my two CM and that cost us as they had very strong ones, return leg we were much better but failed to put our chances away.

So the games up for this year by the looks of it, Man City would have to loose their final two games and the chances of that are slim to none.

Going to have to open the bank book in the summer. Need a new CB with a level head Jorgenson has cost me this season far too many sending offs and penaltys, and a quality right winger as Barizite and Wiljadum just are not performing one of them will be leaving..

• Advertisement

EPL - 13th
    League Cup - 4th round
    FA Cup Semi - final
    Qualified for Europe based on Premier league fair play record

Signing of the season Cillian Sheridan on a free.

Much easier season after strengthening the squad, especially the back.

Our 14768 seater stadium is being further expanded by 2800 seats at a cost of 4m

Board expects to avoid relegation. I decided to go for a mid table finish with a 26m transfer budget and a wage budget of 475k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

xcvw3t.png

My best 11 Overall after 3 seasons, Biggest hero their is Hasan Salihamzdic, hope he stays with the club when he retires.
    2dker6h.png

My back up Winger Ayew who I think may break into the first team this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Just finished my first season with Barrow in the Blue Square North.

Got to may and was in 5th place for a playoff and on the same points as 6th place had to win and keep the GD up.

did that and was drawn in a playoff against the team i had turned down at the start of the campaign

It was a semi final play off Barrow vs Telford. the first leg was a 2-2 Draw so i had to win the 2nd leg, on top of that my top scorers loan was over a day before the match.

Come match day we won 3-0 now onto the final vs blyth spartans

Won that one 3-0 and with that i went to bed knackered.

Will update later with L'Profs layout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

My Kildare County story so far :D

Unlike SantryRed, I started with the update and as Kildare County ain't a team anymore, your now an amateur club with 600k of debt and the worst squad of players imagineable!

League standings:
    2009 - 12th - 1st Division (Won the Relegation playoff against Castlebar)
    2010 - 1st - First Division
    2011 - 3rd - Premier Division (Club became Semi-Pro, so snapped up some quality Free Agents this year)
    2012 - 1st - Premier Division
    2013 - 1st - Premier Division
    2014 - 1st - Premier Division

Europa League:
    2012/13 - Second Qualifying Round - Tromso
    2014/15 - 1st Knockout Round (after finishing 3rd in CL Groups) - Rubin Kazan

FAI Cup:
    2012 - Winner
    2013 - 1/4 Final - Dundalkkk
    2014 - Winner

League Cup:

2010 - 1/4 Final
    2012 - 1/4 Final
    2013 - Winner
    2014 - 1/4 Final

Setanta Cup
    2012/13 - Group Runner Up
    2013/14 - At Semi Finals now, will play Cork City

UEFA Champions League
    2013/14 - Third Qual Phase - Wisla Cracow
    2014/15 - Group Stages (beat BATE Borisov and Legia Warsar on the way)

Top Goalscorer:
    2009 - Ger Rowe - 7
    2010 - Martin Reilly - 13
    2011 - Daniel Nardiello - 23
    2012 - Karl Sheppard - 17
    2013 - Karl Sheppard - 18
    2014 - James Lawrie - 32

Fans Player:
    2009 - Paul Scully
    2010 - Ste Mulcahy
    2011 - Daniel Nardiello
    2012 - Gareth Coughlan
    2013 - Gareth Coughlan
    2014 - James Lawrie

Current 1st team:
    GK - Darren Randolph
    DR - Chris Kilburn/Jordan Walker
    DC - Matty Hughes
    DC - Paul White
    DL - Matthew Briggs/Jack Johnson
    MR - Gareth Coughlan
    MC - Alex Thorne
    MC - Owain Tudor-Jones
    ML - Damien Connolly
    ST - James Lawrie
    ST - Derek O'Connor

Have very suitable cover for every position such as Ben Hamer (GK), Seán Kelly (Club Captian, MC/DM/DR), Aaron Pierre (DC), John Dunleavy (DC), Ryan Stevenson (CM), Simon Ferry (CM/DM), Mark Yeates (ML) Shane Sutherland (ST), Karl Sheppard (ST), John Duke (ST)

Transfers:

Will update these later, my player turnover is ridiuclous!

EPL - 13th
    League Cup - 3rd round
    FA CUP - Final
    Euro Cup - 1/4 Final

Stadium now has a capacity of 20,000.
    Board Takeover completed in December. Club debts have been cleared. Youth and training facilities have been upgraded to average. So as of yet I haven't had one promising youngster come through my youth set up which is disappointing.

GK - Renan
    DR - Georglevski
    DL - Berkan Kurnaz
    DC - Phillipe
    DC - Keed Overtoom
    DMC - Marc Wright
    MC - Giuliano
    MC - Fernando Campos
    MC - Salvatore Guiliano
    ST - Lukaku
    ST - Hulk

• Advertisement

Team: Barrow

League standings:
    08/09 – 5th – Won play off Blue Square North
    09/10 – In Progress (currently 18th) Blue Square Premier

FA Cup:
    08/09 – 1st round
    09/10 – In Progress

Carling Cup:
    08/09 – 1st round
    09/10 - In Progress

Top Goalscorer:
    08/09 – Tony Gray - 32
    09/10 -

Fans Player:
    08/09 – Tony Gray
    09/10 –

Biggest Win

08-09 – Guisley 5-2
    09-10 -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Scotland just won the 2026 World Cup in my game. And then didn't renew the manager's contract :pac:

EPL - 9th
    League Cup -5th round
    FA Cup - Semi Final
    Euro Cup - 1/4 final

Was sitting well up the table but fell away terribly towards the end. 6 game streak without scoring a goal.
    Stadium expanded to 29742 which should keep the finances ticking over.

Signed a 5 star goalkeeper and added a few promising youngsters. Lost Hulk to retirement.

Currently in December sitting 4th in the table, I have no European competition this season so looking for a decent finish in the league to secure my place for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Fleetwood Town (Blue Square North - Premier League) 22/23

22/23??? I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

L'prof wrote: »
    22/23??? I have a lot of catching up to do!!!

Ah but you won the league in 18/19. This is the first season I'll be pushing for a European place.

Ah but you won the league in 18/19. This is the first season I'll be pushing for a European place.

The aim is world domination!!! How did you start your game? I let it roll a season and took over Boston because they were newly promoted.

If I remember correctly Fleetwood were already promoted at the start of the 1st season to BSN so I just started straight away with them.

Ye a World Club Championship would be nice before FM 11

What size stadium do you have L'Prof ? And what are your facilities like?

What size stadium do you have L'Prof ? And what are your facilities like?

I keep annoying the board, this is all they've given me so far:

34sjvy1.png

Pretty much the same as myself, bar the youth academy. Have you gotten any decent youths through the system yet?

• Advertisement

Pretty much the same as myself, bar the youth academy. Have you gotten any decent youths through the system yet?

I had a few earlier in the game that were decent and I think one of them made the first team straight away. Now I have to settle for "John Doe is one of the best players of his generation" and if trained well they'll be great, but nowhere near the standard in the beginning.

All I get is "unfortunately no players stand out". Love to be able to produce a full team from my academy.

All I get is "unfortunately no players stand out". Love to be able to produce a full team from my academy.

Ah yeah, I get that too. I'll be buying players for the foreseeable future though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Im with liverpool and have only gotten one great player through the youth system after 10 years. The rest, are at best championship players.
    Always get 2-3 high recommendations each year but they dont blossom despite trying everything.

best job is going out searching for young talent, I found myself an amazing french striker, only 17 and will be on my first team after he's loan from Florentina is done.

Heres a screen shot of him

Cracking player, would walk into my first team. I am well short of quality up front.

EPL - 2nd
    League Cup - Winners
    FA Cup - 6th round

Our best season so far. A lot to do with not participating in the European cup. Man City won the league by 13 points with Chelsea 9 behind us.

A lack of disharmony at the club is causing problems. I think they stem from my Brazilian defender Phillipe who has been unhappy since he arrived, stating many times that he doesn't like me. All this because he wasn't selected for the Euro Cup squad the season he arrived, only because I had already submitted squad numbers before he arrived. Don't really want to sell him as he's only 23 and has an average rating of 7.48. Striker is the main priority for next season as Lukaku starts off great but then fades away.

Will have to add numbers to the squad to be ready for Champions league football this season. Hoping to loan out some of my youngsters also, if I can strengthen.

The Board have set expectations of Continental qualification with a budget of 34.5m and wages of 875k p/w up 275k p/w since last season.

I keep annoying the board, this is all they've given me so far:

34sjvy1.png

Only average and adequete training and youth :pac:

allanb49 wrote: »
    Only average and adequete training and youth :pac:

Yeah, they're working on it apparently :rolleyes:

Yeah, they're working on it apparently :rolleyes:

Could be worse, my barrow game we're in the black 200k and still won't give me any money for buying players, constantly scouring youth players who have been released by the likes of villa, brum, and who will come to me, at least i'm in 8th place at the mo with this and still have 5k to spend on wages :P

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    Could be worse, my barrow game we're in the black 200k and still won't give me any money for buying players, constantly scouring youth players who have been released by the likes of villa, brum, and who will come to me, at least i'm in 8th place at the mo with this and still have 5k to spend on wages :P

You get them to the premier league? From what division? As soon as I got there, I was given loads of cash as I have every season since then, which has been a massive help.

Advertisement