Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What size expansion are you getting L'Prof, I'm stuck at just over 29.000 and have sold out 3 seasons in a row. Will probably have to wait another 7 seasons until stadium sponsorship runs out.

An extra 52.6% to leave me at 41.1k

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

L'prof wrote: »
    An extra 52.6% to leave me at 41.1k

Nice, I guess I'll have to wait for a new stadium because of the bloody council.

Nice, I guess I'll have to wait for a new stadium because of the bloody council.

Are you in your original stadium? I moved to this one, could be why they've expanded it a couple of times.

L'prof wrote: »
    Are you in your original stadium? I moved to this one, could be why they've expanded it a couple of times.

Nope I'm in a new stadium, the board must not have expected much though, so they obviously picked a crap place for it. Could really do with the financial boost of a bigger stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

What are your manager stats like L'Prof

• Advertisement

allanb49 wrote: »
    What are your manager stats like L'Prof

I'll have a look later, what are you looking for?

I wanna see all 20s :D just the determination, tactics ratings :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I have all 20s :D

obliqutory Pics of GTFO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's mid-January 2019 and Luton Town are sitting in 2nd place in the Championship.

I have made the 5th round of the FA Cup and I get to play Man Utd in Old Trafford. This is the 3rd time I've met Premiership teams in some form, beating Chelsea and then losing to Southampton.

A new gate receipt record has been set for the 2nd time this season.

• Advertisement

60952_10150272246025307_737165306_14546125_286746_n.jpg

It's nice to have played it in the Premiership!

Oh and I won the game 3 0. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

2wgzrrr.jpg

What more can I do? :(

Voltwad wrote: »

What more can I do? :(

How did you not manage to win that game?!

It happens too often, stats like that. One of the things I'm hoping will be rectified in 2011. It's not really somthing I can explain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Kudos for picking Watford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

I just read through the whole thread there, and it was a great read. There are some amazing stories in this thread, and I have massive respect for all of you, as I've never made it further than two seasons in any version of Football Manager.

When I get Football Manager 2011, I'm planning to share my story on here.

Just a question for all of you with long-running careers, when Football Manager 2011 is released, what will you do with your career? Will you contribute most of your time to FM 11 and come back to FM 10 every now and again; or will you pack it in and just forget about FM 10?

Ah I always pack in whatever's going on in the previous game.

I just read through the whole thread there, and it was a great read. There are some amazing stories in this thread, and I have massive respect for all of you, as I've never made it further than two seasons in any version of Football Manager.

When I get Football Manager 2011, I'm planning to share my story on here.

Just a question for all of you with long-running careers, when Football Manager 2011 is released, what will you do with your career? Will you contribute most of your time to FM 11 and come back to FM 10 every now and again; or will you pack it in and just forget about FM 10?

I'm almost sure you can load the game you have been playing in 10 into 11. I stand to be corrected though.

I'm on a mission to get Luton to the Champions League before the release of 11. I only picked 3 nations and a small database so I wanna change that in 11 and start at the very bottom again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've posted a few times in this thread but never really stuck with the games and ended up starting a new game.

I started a new game with AFC Wimbledon in FM 09 and im hoping to stick with it for a long career and lead them to the premiership (if i can get that done before FM11 comes out). Ill try and post here when i finish a season.

I've completed one season so far. Here's the details:

League position: 4th (Won playoffs and promoted to Conference/Blue Square Premier)
    FA Cup: Knocked in 1st round by Brighton
    FA Trophy: Knocked out in 3rd round by Burton
    Conference League Cup: Knocked out in South 3rd Round by Kettering

Signings:
    James Evans for £0 from Arthurlie (Hardly used this guy)
    Guy Gbo on a free (This one did ok but is very young, only 17 when signed, so im hoping he'll improve)
    Andrew Giallombardo on a free (This guy did well enough and established himself in the first team even though he's only 19)
    Matthew Paine for £4k from Thurrock ( This guy was my best signing and did very well throughout the season. He was a candidate for the leagues player of the year)

I was happy to get promotion this season especially since my team suffered a lot of defeats coming up to the final third of the season. We had a fairly bad fixture backlog at one point because of the cup matches which was made worse by the fact we had a few replays to play as well. We managed to finish 4th mainly because of the points we picked up early in the season and a bit of a good run in the last few games.

We beat Welling 6-4 on aggregate in the playoff semi-final and we faced Team Bath in the playoff final. We thrashed them 5-1 in the final to win promotion. A good season overall.

I'll hopefully post another update when i finish the next season.

Just finished my second season.

League position: 11th
    FA Cup: Knocked in 2nd round by Wrexham
    FA Trophy: Knocked out in 2nd round by Oxford
    Conference League Cup: Knocked out in South 3rd Round by Crawley

Signings:
    Jimmy Derbyshire (DRL,MC) on a free (a young player i mainly used him as cover forwhen my wing backs were injured.he did ok when he did play)

Sylvain Legwinski (DM,MC) on a free ( this guy is 36 but he performed well when i did play him. his fitness isnt great so i mainly used him as cover for when my MCs were injured)

Gary Thompson (AMR,ST) on a free ( my best signing this season. I originally signed him to use as a right winger but when i moved him up front as a striker he started banging in the goals. 26 goals and 14 assists by the end of the season.)

Tennant McVea (DC) on a free ( another good signing. Had him as CD all season and he performed well and proved reliable)

Danny Williams (DC,DM,MC) on a free (signed this guy to use as a CD but he didnt play well at all and i ended up dropping him from the team. He is probably better as a CM but he never pushed his way back into the team)

Scott Donnelly (DM, AMC,AMR) on a free (this guy spent most of the season on the bench but did ok)

Liam Hughes (FC) on a free (i expected much from this young striker but he was a dissappointment. But i might hang on to him for a while because i think he'll improve)

Seamus Fanthorpe (DC,DM,MC) on a free ( i signed this guy halfway through the season but he proved a good signing as himself and McVea made a good partnership at the back)

Danny Maguire (AMC) on loan from QPR (QPR sent this guy to me very late into the season after they became our parent club. I didnt really use him much though)

Current First Team:
    GK- James Evans
    DR- Luke Garrard
    DL- Michael Haswell
    DC- Seamus Fanthorpe
    DC- Tennant McVea
    MR- Chris Sullivan
    ML- Matthew Paine
    MC - Andrew Giallombardo
    MC- Tom Davis
    ST- Gary Thompson
    ST- Jon Main

This season my main goal was a middle table finish which i achieved. The start of the season was a bit of a worry though as we lost a lot of games but things picked up around December and we started picking up points which helped us move up the table. I made a lot of signings most of which proved to be good acquistions.

I got a lot of job offers from championship clubs this season but i turned them all down. I also got QPR as a parent club so hopefully that might prove fruitful.

Im hoping to push for a playoff place next season so hopefully i can make a couple of signings that will strengthen the squad enough to do that. My main priorities is a new goalkeeper and right winger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Here's my story so far: Just starting my 3rd season with Wrexham

1st Season:
    Blue Square Championship Winners
    FA Cup 5th Round (Incl. win vs. Wigan away)
    League Cup 3rd Round
    FA Trophy Winners

2nd Season:
    League 2 Champions
    FA Cup 4th Round
    League Cup Quarter Final
    Johnstone Paint Trophy Winner

Only spent €5,000 on transfers and that was on Derek Glynn from Longford. He got 34 goals season 1 and 28 season 2.

Notable Free Transfers:
    Guntars Siligalis
    Declan 'Fabio' O'Brien
    Bobo Balde
    Osumane N'Gom Camera
    Olivier Bernard

CianDon wrote: »
    Here's my story so far: Just starting my 3rd season with Wrexham

1st Season:
    Blue Square Championship Winners
    FA Cup 5th Round (Incl. win vs. Wigan away)
    League Cup 3rd Round
    FA Trophy Winners

2nd Season:
    League 2 Champions
    FA Cup 4th Round
    League Cup Quarter Final
    Johnstone Paint Trophy Winner

Only spent €5,000 on transfers and that was on Derek Glynn from Longford. He got 34 goals season 1 and 28 season 2.

Notable Free Transfers:
    Guntars Siligalis
    Declan 'Fabio' O'Brien
    Bobo Balde
    Osumane N'Gom Camera
    Olivier Bernard

There's definitely something about Derek Glynn. I bought him for Cork City in a previous game and he was banging in goals for fun.

Also you deserve a lot of credit if you managed to get a good performance out of Guntars Silagalis.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

This season (2016) is going ridiculously well for me. Unbeaten still all season. Won the Setanta Sports Cup and The League Cup and won my first Champions League Group Stage game at home to Bordeaux 2-1 :D

Luton managed to avoid relegation from the Premier League by one point after securing a final day draw against Spurs. This has prompted the board to build a new stadium after selling out every home match this season.

I have a few players who are a bit too old for the Premiership. One being Stephen O' Donnell who has been with me all the way from League 2 to the Premiership.

I hope I'll get some decent transfer funds to spend as I need to upgrade my midfield too.

Kevin Horan, who I bought for 160k from Athlone Town is now worth over 5 million! He's very hot property but wants to stay at the club! :D

:( my file got corrupted, some reason the fa cup was still there, but the rest of the fixtures where gone :S so i got to league 2 and that was that :( sigh

allanb49 wrote: »
    :( my file got corrupted, some reason the fa cup was still there, but the rest of the fixtures where gone :S so i got to league 2 and that was that :( sigh

Did the game create a (v01 or v02) save file for you. I think it did this every 6 months for me.

I think I'm going to create a batch file that'll copy my saves to my dropbox folder and that in turn will upload the saves to my dropbox account.

Did the game create a (v01 or v02) save file for you. I think it did this every 6 months for me.

No for some reason it didn't create alt saves,
    The last time this happened i didn't play the game for two years, i remember that game with Dag & Red back when i was in second year and robbie keane played with coventry. CM3 was it? Yeah i got up to Division 1 and those files went too, i was a sad panda,

Started a new game last night with Pompey and gonna take them to the top again. Will try the challenge when 10/11 comes out. So what team should i take from the BSN/BSS to the top Boardsie's decide :D

I think I'll start again with Fleetwood once FM11 comes out. Still have half a season left and after that I think I'll call it a day. I may load it up in FM11 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I started a new game a couple of weeks ago with Hartlepool, did the usual sign some cheap players from France and free signings and got promoted to the championship in the 2nd promotion spot. I thought my team was very weak but they kept managing to beat the league 1 teams quite comfortably. It was mainly my 3 strikers who were responsible for this, James Brown and Bjornsson were already at the club and I also got Youssufa Toure off Tours FC for 8k(he's now worth 1m+) who i played in front of Gael Kakuta who I got on loan from Chelsea. I also got Jay Emmanuel Thomas from Arsenal who I got in my previous game too and is a great loan signing.

So anyway got to the Championship where I always have a good record but this season I'm struggling. I brought in a load of free signings, the likes of Benni MacCarthy, Kyle Bartley and Micheal Woods being the highlights and began to sell a bit of dead weight. Got rid of Bjornsson for €1.4m. I was well over my wage bill as you barely get anything with Hartlepool because of the massive debt they have but I got what I thought was a good team with plenty of cover and was only 3.2k over my wage bill.

The stadium only holds 7000 so a pretty big loss is being made ever month. I started the season well but in recent games have been pulled down the wrong end of the table. We should have enough to stay up but recent games have been poor.

Advertisement