Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Just finished my third season with AFC Wimbledon

League position: 16th :mad:
    FA Cup: Knocked in 1st round by Crewe
    FA Trophy: Knocked out in 4th round by Crawley
    Conference League Cup: Knocked out in Semi Final by Woking

Signings:
    Michal Misiewicz (GK) on a free: This guy is only 19 but he did well enough for the first half of the season but when he took a dip in form i ended up using Evans for the rest of the season.

Luca Moscatiello (AM RC) on a free: Another young player i mainly used him as a sub but he did ok when he did play.

Adam Forshaw (MC) on a free: This guy played in about half our games and did ok as well.

Christian Nanetti (AM RL) on loan from QPR: I was really happy to get this guy on loan this season as he was probably my best player this season.

Current First Team:
    GK- James Evans
    DR- Luke Garrard
    DL- Chris Hussey
    DC- Seamus Fanthorpe
    DC- Tennant McVea
    MR- Chrisitan Nanetti
    ML- Matthew Paine
    MC - Andrew Giallombardo
    MC- Adam Forshaw
    ST- Liam Hughes
    ST- Jon Main

This season was a major dissappointment. We started off very well and were up around the promotion places until around November when we started taking a good few losses. My defender were pretty poor this season McVea played well but my other two CD's Fanthrope and Donnelly were terrible all season. I'll try and turf them now for next season and hopefully bring in a couple of defenders. At the other end of the pitch my strikers were fairly inconsistent as well. I had a lot of matches where we had a lot of shots on target but still no goals.

I'm a bit annoyed that we just seemed to go backwards this season (although we did do a bit better in the cups). Hopefully next season will be an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And Luton have survived a second season in the 2019/2020 Premiership with a finish in 10th place.

Transfer wise, I had to sell my striker Ian Campbell to Huddersfield (for a healthy profit) as he wanted to move to a "bigger" club*. I managed to replace him with Australian striker, Sasha Harvey.

A terrible start to the season saw me lose 6 out of my 7 opening games. I was suffering terribly from injuries. 6 first teamers in the physio room. I had to play some under 18's in full back positions. The one game I did win was against Watford, my fierce rivals.

The team managed to push on once the injury crisis was over and I had a great run from November to March where I went 8 matches unbeaten. Picking up draws against the big boys certainly helps. I lost striker Harvey to a broken ankle which certainly didn't help with the fact that Kevin Horan, my other top striker, had a pretty terrible season. He really struggled to get any form whatsoever. Although he still scored 12 goals and Harvey scored 13.

I had my highest average attendance this season too at just under the capacity.

I managed to finish the season in 10th place so now I'm hoping to attract higher class players and turfing out some of the older lads I brought with me from leagues 2 and 1.

Now, to my revelation of my season. 21 year old Croatian, Denis Weidl, who I bought for 1.4million. He is a beast and is coming along nicely. He got a call up to the Croatian team too. He wanted to move to a bigger club but I told him that he is the person who will bring the club to that level and he seems happy enough with that for the moment.
    He was also chosen as fans player of the season.

65581_10150283992895307_737165306_14802407_4313908_n.jpg

On the 20th of June 2020, I moved into my new 26,867 seater stadium. I'm hoping it will help my youths a little too with good facilities and I'm doing my best to get good coaching staff.

*Huddersfield got relegated. Take that Campbell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just posting this again and updated cos I'm bored! Stopped playing halfway through the 2017 season, cos FM11 came out. :D

The club (Kildare County) is loaded now too, with €18 Million in the bank a/c, which is class considering you start as an amateur side with a debt of 600k. There's "good" youth and training facilities, "good" being the best in the League of Ireland though. Still play in Station Road, with 2500 Capacity and only 250 seats meaning I only get crowds of 250 at home in the Champions League. Average Attendances are still below 1000 too, at 890, by the last time I played the game!

Best season ever was 2016. Went 54 games unbeaten in all comps. Won the league by winning every game, bar 2, which were draws. Won all the cups too, well, bar the Champions League... :D

21l22d3.png

League standings:
    2009 - 12th - 1st Division (Won the Relegation playoff against Castlebar)
    2010 - 1st - First Division
    2011 - 3rd - Premier Division (Club became Semi-Pro, so snapped up some quality Free Agents this year)
    2012 - 1st - Premier Division
    2013 - 1st - Premier Division
    2014 - 1st - Premier Division
    2015 - 1st - Premier Division
    2016 - 1st - Premier Division

UEFA Champions League
    2013/14 - Third Qual Phase - Wisla Cracow
    2014/15 - Group Stages (beat BATE Borisov and Legia Warsar on the way)
    2015/16 - Group Stages - Finished bottom, behind Marseille, Celtic and Arsenal
    2016/17 - 1st Knockout Round - 2nd in a Group, with Man City winning it and Bordeaux and Sporting Lisbon also in it. Lost 4-2 to Inter Milan in the knockout stages.

Europa League:
    2012/13 - Second Qualifying Round - Tromso
    2014/15 - 1st Knockout Round (after finishing 3rd in CL Groups) - Rubin Kazan

FAI Cup:
    2012 - Winner - Beat Waterford Utd
    2013 - 1/4 Final - Dundalkkk
    2014 - Winner - Beat Bohs 2-1
    2015 - Semi Final - Lost to Bohs
    2016 - Winner - Beat Shamrock Rovers 2-1

League Cup:

2010 - 1/4 Final
    2012 - 1/4 Final
    2013 - Winner - Beat Drogs 4-2
    2014 - 1/4 Final
    2015 - Second Round - Beaten 6-3 by Monaghan
    2016 - Winner - Beat Derry City 2-1 in extra time

Setanta Cup
    2012 - Group Runner Up
    2013 - Semi Finals - Shamrock Rovers
    2014 - Won - Beat Shamrock Rovers 3-0
    2015 - Won - Beat Shamrock Rovers on Peno's
    2016 - Won - Beat Shamrock Rovers 3-1

Top Goalscorer:
    2009 - Ger Rowe - 7
    2010 - Martin Reilly - 13
    2011 - Daniel Nardiello - 23
    2012 - Karl Sheppard - 17
    2013 - Karl Sheppard - 18
    2014 - James Lawrie - 32
    2015 - Shane Sutherland - 18
    2016 - Derek O'Connor - 30

Fans Player:
    2009 - Paul Scully
    2010 - Ste Mulcahy
    2011 - Daniel Nardiello
    2012 - Gareth Coughlan
    2013 - Gareth Coughlan
    2014 - James Lawrie
    2015 - Gareth Coughlan
    2016 - Alex Thorne

Current 1st team:
    GK - John Ruddy
    DR - Sean Welsh
    DC - Julio César Banegas
    DC - Paul White
    DL - Jack Johnson
    MR - Gareth Coughlan
    MC - Andy King
    MC - Karl Henry
    ML - Diego Lorenzo
    ST - Vit Mrazek
    ST - Derek O'Connor

Have very suitable cover for every position such as Aaron Pierre (DC/R), Matty Hughes (DC), Simplice Nsingi (D/WB/MR), Alan Smith (CM), Owain Tudor-Jones (DM/CM), Eoghan Breen (DM), Phillip Reiner (AM RLC) and Shane Sutherland, Conor Hunt and Johnny Archibald up front.

Transfers:
    At the start, had to sign everyone on free transfers, but qualifying for the Champions League year after year gives some money :D

Damien Connolly - signed in 2014 for 400k from Sporting Fingal. Sold to Leicester for €2.6 Million in 2016.

James Lawrie - signed as a free agent in 2013 and sold to QPR for €1.6 Million

John Duke - signed from Portadown in 2015 for 28k and sold for a whopping €4.9 Million to West Ham in 2016.

Barry McCrory - signed on a free in 2013, wasn't great, sent him out on loan to Airdrie Utd in 2014 and he came back better than most of my squad. Sold him to West Brom for €2 Million.

Spent over 1 Million on a couple of players; Derek O'Connor from Newcastle for €1.6 Million in 2015, Sean Welsh from Rangers for €1 Million and Simplice Nsingi from Aberdeen for €1 Million in 2016, John Ruddy from West Ham for €1.1 Million and then spent a ridiculous €3.9 Million from RC Lens in 2016 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Bit of Champo 00/01 with Wimbledon, hoping for first season promotion. Brought in Mike Duff and Marcuss Allback.

2vw8rar.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

That brings back memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

peabutler wrote: »
    Bit of Champo 00/01 with Wimbledon, hoping for first season promotion. Brought in Mike Duff and Marcuss Allback.

2vw8rar.png[IMG][/img]

Wow i feel really old now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

You can download that for free now from the official Champ Man website. Always been a retro fave of mine - is 2000 retro yet? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭elspecia

I've been playing as F.C Utd and I've completed a season and I really defied the odds with a great season, if your interested in reading about it read the blog at

http://elspeciasfootballodyssey.blogspot.com/2010/12/hellois-there-anyone-in-there.html

I'll also be updating my twitter with updates you can follow me @elspecia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

2vw8rar.png

Well that was a bit of a disaster, I was going ok and then Hartson went AWOL refused to train and refused to play, Allback couldn't score and I got the sack for coming 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Started a new game a couple of days ago with Bradford in League 2,

I have been playing it non-stop and find myself in the Championship now after back to back promotions.

I really have fallen in love with this game. I have basically no money so have been signing players for free and depending on loan deals also.

Rhys Murphy on loan from Arsenal has done great for me, playing him with a target man in 4-4-2.

I got the 2nd automatic spot in League 2 to get promoted, and got 5th place in League 1 on goal difference after the last game of the season! having been in 7th entering the last match.

I have just signed Joey Barton and Jay Spearing for free, and broke my transfer record spending £65,000 on an Italian striker.

The Championship started well for me, 4-3 win away to Reading, 1-1 home draw with Southampton, and a 4-4 away draw with Ipswich. Then the game crashed and I find myself back to the start of the season :(

This feels as bad as when the board came back a season after me asking them to buy the stadium and them agreeing to, only for them to come back and tell me they were shelving that plan because they had no money.

• Advertisement

I finished runners up in the Premiership and I can't get anyone to sign for me!!! :( I have 25 million to spend and I wanna get two players in!! I'm really regretting setting up a small database...

Finally won the Premiership!

With this many points:
    168042_10150363828960307_737165306_16199895_10385_n.jpg

Mainly thanks to this guy:
    167018_10150363830230307_737165306_16199908_1659929_n.jpg

Who scored this many goals in the Premiership:
    168047_10150363830980307_737165306_16199914_2101651_n.jpg

Mission accomplished. Buying FM 11 tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Thats an incredible GD for the premiership.:eek:

Well done.

Thanks!

For the last two seasons, I was leaking goals left, right and center. I got in a quality central defender who is a wonderkid and that tightened it up a lot. One of my CD chipped in with almost 10 goals from headers last season and scored about 6 this season.

I almost want to keep going with this now and win the ECC. I know if I buy FM 11, my college work will suffer (even more than it already is!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I started a game as United. Currently just after starting my third season.

Season 1:

Summer 2010 Signings:
    Eden Hazard (from Lille)

Summer 2010 Sales/Loans/Releases:
    Ji-Sung Park (sale to Marseille)
    Darron Gibson (sale to Fulham)

January 2011 Signings:
    Igor Akinfeev (from CSKA Moscow)
    Anders Lindegaard (from Aalesund - already arranged)

Season High/Lowlights:
    Community Shield - lost to Chelsea
    League Cup - lost Semi-final to Chelsea
    F.A Cup - lost in 5th round to Sheffield United (shouldn't have played the kids)
    League - finished second behind Chelsea
    Champions League - last 8.

Its fair to say that Chelsea had a decent season, then. I struggled due to missing Rooney for 4 months.

Season 2:

Going into this season, I was very paranoid about the clubs finances. We'd started with around £181 million and were down to about £30 million due to signings, wages, and the £8.06 million per month debt repayments, so I decided to cut some wages by not renewing a lot of the older, highly-paid players. I also decided to loan out some of the younger players, get 100% of their wages paid, a small loan fee, and hopefully have a better player coming back to me at the end of the season.

Summer 2011 Signings:
    Conor Wickham (from Ipswich Town)
    Javier Pastore (from Palermo)
    Urby Emanuelson (from Ajax - free)
    Markus Henriksen (from Rosenberg)
    Leonel Galeano (from Independiente)
    Diego Forlan (from Atletico Madrid)

Summer 2011 Sales/Loans/Releases:
    Michael Owen (released)
    Paul Scholes (released)
    Gary Neville (released)
    Edwin Van Der Sar (released)
    Bébé (Out on loan to Sheffield United)
    Gabriel Obertan (Out on loan HSV Hamburg)
    Fabio (Out on loan to Mallorca)
    Federico Macheda (Out on loan to Getafe)
    Anders Lindegaard (to Getafe)
    Danny Welbeck (to Newcastle)
    Tom Cleverley (Out on loan to Fulham)
    Mame Biram Diouf (can't remember who bought him)

Season High/Lowlights:
    Community Shield - lost to Chelsea on pens
    League Cup - lost to Chelsea in the final
    F.A Cup - Winner, beating Man City 6-0 in the final :o
    League - Winner, pipping Chelsea on the last day of the season. I needed to beat Newcastle at home to win it, and a hat-trick in the first 7 mins from Chicharito helped a lot!
    Champions League - beat my nemsis Chelsea in the last 8, but lost 4-3 on aggregate to Real Madrid. Drew the first leg 3-3 at Old Trafford.

Towards the end of the season I had a crazy run of games. Chelsea(H), Chelsea(H), Arsenal(A), Chelsea (A). The players were basically dead when they played Real in the CL semi. I probably shouldn't have been so worried about the finances, as I got £120 million at the end of the season from sponsorship, and David Gill injected £44million to help with "running costs". Kiko Macheda had a great season with Getafe, scoring 17 league goals in 33 games.

Who says the league isn't won in March?!

*you might have to zoom into the pics*

257398566.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1300057119&Signature=1ARuzG3M6UZctUSiGFes8FgM0xk%3D

257398325.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1300057150&Signature=M8tznqkTkhUCX1V7gUT0VZ6wPoM%3D

I'm on a 40+ unbeaten streak. It goes back to October 2025, it's currently March 2026.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

^Pictures arent coming up for me?
    Thats impressive tho!

Hmm, they aren't coming up for me either now. :confused:

I bet Manchester United in OT 9 - 0 in the ECC Quarter Final!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Finished my first season with Real Madrid.

Came second in the league to Barca, who only dropped 2 games the entire season :(

But I did knock them out of the Champions League, and then went on to win it, so that made things a little better.

Only brought in Hazard and a young German CM by the name of Lars Bender in for the season. Let Gago go on loan, and had Adebayor rotting in the reserves.

Apart from the ridiculous injuries it was a decent season and Higuaín is an absolute monster. 44 appearances all season and 50 goals. 34 in the league. Crazy return!

On to my second season, hopefully the board will give me loads of money and I'll try and get a new LB and CB. Thinking either Coentrao or Bale for LB and Subotic or someone similar for CB.

EDIT: Yup the board gave me 69 million to spend. got Schweinsteiger for 19 million and now just need to find me a decent LB and CB. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Tempted to go back and continue on with my game in FM10... hmm..

• Advertisement

And my 2026 season is over. I finished with a famous quadruple!

Champions Cup, Premiership (two years running), FA Cup (three years running) and the League Cup.

Premiership
    259264508.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1300379314&Signature=jAtFEDMUI7Awt7WvZQlz5ZLsgdw%3D

That's a ridiculous goal difference to be fair.

I went 50 games unbeaten and 9 games without conceding before losing to Everton on the second last day of the season.
    Champions League

Bet Barcelona in the final 3 0 with 3 quick goals just before half time. All were deemed "suspicious for offside". :P

FA Cup

Bet Sunderland 5 0 in the final!

League Cup

Can't remember who I bet in that one.

Players

Collins Wanjohi scored 57 goals this season, one more than last season. He was worth every last penny of that €25 million. He's now worth double that.

Karlis Kohans finished the season with 26 assists and 34 goals.

Signings
    I brought in John Robinson (DM) and Karlis Kohans (ACM) at the beginning of the season and they were great purchases.

259270676.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1300380056&Signature=Z8fyfZZwRPtbWRNgoHYUEGgs%2B5E%3D

259270292.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1300380108&Signature=u7LFGT9sxxgXl0CatOTKF9inunU%3D

And I'm after purchasing this guy:

259269204.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1300379872&Signature=f8KK3hr9Y635K9z%2B5XmWCUjrkd4%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Finished my first season with Real Madrid.

Came second in the league to Barca, who only dropped 2 games the entire season :(

But I did knock them out of the Champions League, and then went on to win it, so that made things a little better.

Only brought in Hazard and a young German CM by the name of Lars Bender in for the season. Let Gago go on loan, and had Adebayor rotting in the reserves.

Apart from the ridiculous injuries it was a decent season and Higuaín is an absolute monster. 44 appearances all season and 50 goals. 34 in the league. Crazy return!

On to my second season, hopefully the board will give me loads of money and I'll try and get a new LB and CB. Thinking either Coentrao or Bale for LB and Subotic or someone similar for CB.

EDIT: Yup the board gave me 69 million to spend. got Schweinsteiger for 19 million and now just need to find me a decent LB and CB. :D

Can I ask you what your formation and tactics were?

I started a game with Madrid, and gave up after a terrible start! I just couldn't find a system to fit everyone in that would work for me!

I tried with wing backs, and having ronaldo and di maria high out wide, played alonso as a defensive midfielder, and ozil as an attacking on in the centre, could only afford one up front with that system as i was playing 3 at centre back.

I was getting beat in possession stats all the time, i had plenty of chances, but just didn't score very many . .

Just didn't work :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can I ask you what your formation and tactics were?

I started a game with Madrid, and gave up after a terrible start! I just couldn't find a system to fit everyone in that would work for me!

I tried with wing backs, and having ronaldo and di maria high out wide, played alonso as a defensive midfielder, and ozil as an attacking on in the centre, could only afford one up front with that system as i was playing 3 at centre back.

I was getting beat in possession stats all the time, i had plenty of chances, but just didn't score very many . .

Just didn't work :confused:

Played a 4-3-3. Khedira in the DMC position, Alonso MRC as a deep lying playmaker. Ozil/Kaka in MLC as Advanced Playmaker. Then C.Ronaldo AMR as an inside forward, Hazard/Di Maria AML as inside forward and finally Higuain in FC as advanced forward.

All my play went through Alonso and Higuain just needed sight of goal and he usually scored. Ronaldo got a fair few but then again he did tend to shoot rather than pass. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Just finished a season with Swansea, 2013/2014. Came 4th in the league, had won the League Cup last year and got automatically into Europa League which I won (came 9th last year)! It was unbelievable, came up against AC Milan in the semi's and looked destined to be knocked out but Flamini got sent off in the second leg and I ended up going through on away goals!

Cashed in on a lot of players during the summer 2013 and looked for bargains, squad players from bigger teams. My team that won the league is:

Begovic GK
    Rangel RB (Or Paintsil)
    Spence CB
    Otamendi CB
    Forren LB (Or Assou-Ekotto)
    Cerci RM
    Adam Johnson LM
    Lustenberger CM (Or Canales)
    Pratley CM (Or O'Hara)
    Doyle ST (Or Pavlyuchenko)
    Tawfik ST

Tawfik has been my top scorer every year since my first year, pitching in with over 30 goals when he doesn't get injured! I asked one of my players to recommend a signing and he was mentioned - delighted!

I've come to a halt now though, can't continue the game because, due to coming 4th I've qualified for the Champs Lge, but unfortunately I haven't been paying attention to my youth system. As they are all out of contract I can't register them for the cup...

Any idea how I can fix this? It's a proper pain in the balls, I have 4 HG players who trained at the club in the team, but I sent one on loan and can't recall him so my game has stalled!!

Anyone no a way to bypass this or help me out?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Cianan2 wrote: »
    I've come to a halt now though, can't continue the game because, due to coming 4th I've qualified for the Champs Lge, but unfortunately I haven't been paying attention to my youth system. As they are all out of contract I can't register them for the cup...

Any idea how I can fix this? It's a proper pain in the balls, I have 4 HG players who trained at the club in the team, but I sent one on loan and can't recall him so my game has stalled!!

As i understand it if you can't meet the requirements you have to enter a smaller size squad. So you could enter something like a 20man squad or maybe 18 can't remember without meeting homegrown qouta. So for each HG player you are missing, just leave an extra space when doing the squad registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just finished a season with Swansea, 2013/2014. Came 4th in the league, had won the League Cup last year and got automatically into Europa League which I won (came 9th last year)! It was unbelievable, came up against AC Milan in the semi's and looked destined to be knocked out but Flamini got sent off in the second leg and I ended up going through on away goals!

Cashed in on a lot of players during the summer 2013 and looked for bargains, squad players from bigger teams. My team that won the league is:

Begovic GK
    Rangel RB (Or Paintsil)
    Spence CB
    Otamendi CB
    Forren LB (Or Assou-Ekotto)
    Cerci RM
    Adam Johnson LM
    Lustenberger CM (Or Canales)
    Pratley CM (Or O'Hara)
    Doyle ST (Or Pavlyuchenko)
    Tawfik ST

Tawfik has been my top scorer every year since my first year, pitching in with over 30 goals when he doesn't get injured! I asked one of my players to recommend a signing and he was mentioned - delighted!

Fear not, try submitting the squad with only 24 players picked (including your 3 HG players). Must resurrect Boston United!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Cheers for the help lads, I ended up starting a new game with Valencia but half the squad already hates me so I'm gonna go back and try it out!

I uninstalled FM10, but my documents and all that are still there. If I re-install it can I continue playing FM10?

I miss the Kildare County :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Cheers for the help lads, I ended up starting a new game with Valencia but half the squad already hates me so I'm gonna go back and try it out!

I just had to do it there as I have 0 players who started out at the club :p
    I uninstalled FM10, but my documents and all that are still there. If I re-install it can I continue playing FM10?

I miss the Kildare County :o

All you need is the saved game file. Apparently you can still use it in FM11 if you have that installed?

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    All you need is the saved game file. Apparently you can still use it in FM11 if you have that installed?

Yeah FM11's installed still, but, Kildare County aren't around anymore like? Or does it just load as an FM10 game still?

Advertisement