Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    30M+

On top of that once a season they also seem to give me a boost of about 10M euro as the club is doing so well financially. They did it twice last year so I ended up with like 90+ this year.

:D If only! :D

Started the Dafuge Challenge with Boston United, playing the first round of the FA Cup now at home to MK Dons who are 1/8 to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

He's only made one 15 minute Sub appearance and he's already justified his transfer fee.

Ha ha! Quite a way to introduce yourself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

cashville wrote: »
    Ha ha! Quite a way to introduce yourself! :D

Big time, he only made it onto the bench because I'm in the middle of an injury crisis. It was a beautiful goal aswell, little lob over the keeper.

Big time, he only made it onto the bench because I'm in the middle of an injury crisis. It was a beautiful goal aswell, little lob over the keeper.

Injury crisis? At Arsenal? You're having a giraffe!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Started off at QPR, got them into the premier league in first season, then spent most of my transfer budget on 2 players, Matias Defederico (Corinthians I think...) for 12m and Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht for about the same. They were absolute stars and I also got Krasic from CSKA for an exchange some left back that I bought for 2m in my first season.

I was in the UEFA cup places when Aston Villa offered me a job in mid-February to save them from relegation with a €29,000,000 budget for the rest of that season. I bought Sandro off whatever Brazilian team he plays for and Sergio Busquets from Barca along with some other small players. Then in the Summer they gave me €38,000,000 along with that so I spent that on my defense buying Rafinha for about €20m and Miranda off Shaktar for €11m.

Just started the new season and got beat by West Ham in my first game :o may take a while to blend...

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Started off at QPR, got them into the premier league in first season, then spent most of my transfer budget on 2 players, Matias Defederico (Corinthians I think...) for 12m and Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht for about the same. They were absolute stars and I also got Krasic from CSKA for an exchange some left back that I bought for 2m in my first season.

I was in the UEFA cup places when Aston Villa offered me a job in mid-February to save them from relegation with a €29,000,000 budget for the rest of that season. I bought Sandro off whatever Brazilian team he plays for and Sergio Busquets from Barca along with some other small players. Then in the Summer they gave me €38,000,000 along with that so I spent that on my defense buying Rafinha for about €20m and Miranda off Shaktar for €11m.

Just started the new season and got beat by West Ham in my first game :o may take a while to blend...

How did you buy anyone mid-Feb? Is Busquets any good? Big fan of him in real life.

Team: Boston Utd

Media Prediction:
    17th

League standings:
    10/11 (1st season) - 1st Blue Square North

FA Cup:
    10/11 - 1st Round MK Dons

FA Trophy:
    10/11 - 4th Round Accrington

Top Goalscorer:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster 29

Fans Player:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster

Current 1st team:
    GK - Lee Hook
    DR - Adam Thomas

DL - Alex Okwagbe
    DC - Paul Barrett
    DC - Andy Clarke
    DMC - Anthony Hilton
    MC - Ashley Winn
    AMR - Andrew Osei-Siribour
    AML - Tony Taggart
    ST - Jon Stephens

ST - Andy Brewster

I brought in 13 free transfers and released one player (wages are too high :rolleyes:), players highlighted above were new signings this season I won manager of the season too :D

How did you buy anyone mid-Feb? Is Busquets any good? Big fan of him in real life.

nah I bought them in Feb for the following season. Have only played a couple of games with him, hasn't settled too well.

I really hate Man City, they bid 32m for Ashley Young and Randy Lerner intervened. Now my formation is messed up while I try to adapt without him and I didn't get the transfer of Rafael Sobis through in time to play a 4-3-3 so I'm stuck playing this weird one with 3 CMs and Agbonlahor as this kind of winger striker and Delfouneso as the lone striker with Milner on the right wing.

jasonorr wrote: »

sorry but i have to

Liam O wrote: »

We're much better than that, wait 'til we win the premier league :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

DSB wrote: »
    Thats not an honest way to play though, I wouldn't get any satisfaction out of that.

Ahh it is,

It's just like having first dibs on a players kids in real life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

24 games played in my 4th season at Priestfield and this is how it stands. Was offered jobs in the Championship by Huddersfield and Watford early on in the season but declined cause I felt it was our year at Gillingham

Team: Gillingham

League standings:
    12/13 (4th season) - 2nd in League 1

FA Cup:
    12/13 - 3rd Round (still in v Exeter)

League Cup:
    12/13 - 3rd Round

Top Goalscorer:
    12/13 - John Guidetti (19)

Top Rating:
    12/13 - John Guidetti - 7.73 [16(3)]

Current 1st team:
    GK: Steve Harper
    DR: Godwin Antwi
    DL: Danny Murphy
    DC: Gavin Peers
    DC: Simon King (C)
    DM: Francis Coquelin
    MC: Stuart Lewis
    MC: Magnus Eikrem
    AM: Suso
    ST: John Guidetti
    ST: Luka Senicanin

Brought in Harper and Suso in the summer, I needed a decent Keeper so got Harper on a season loan. Guidetti and Senicanin have had a brilliant partnership scoring 35 goals between them so far, the injury prone Simeon Jackson can't get a look in.

Nice Crosaidi, Championship next year it is. How do you think you'll go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Finally got around to finishing the first season on this file.

SEASON 09/10

Team: Barnet

League 2:
    Media Prediction: 19th
    Final Position: 12th

Cups:
    FA Cup: 3rd Round
    League Cup: 1st Round
    JPT: 1st Round

Top Goalscorer:
    Fabio Borini - 19 Goals

Top Rating:
    Albert Adomah - 7.22

First Team:

GK: Jake Cole
    DL: Cagri Kodalak
    DC: Gary Breen (Yes, THE Gary Breen :D)
    DC: Ismail Yakubu
    DR: Jason Beardsley
    DM: Fraser McLachlan
    MC: Matt Watson
    MC: Gylfi Sigurdsson
    AML: Yannick Bolasie
    AMR: Albert Adomah
    ST: Fabio Borini

Italicised are loanees. Bolasie was already there when I took over
    Borini was decent, just dropped short of 20 league goals, shame he's off back to Chelsea now.
    Sigurdsson had a great first half of the season, then sort of tapered off.

Kodalak and Beardsley were both frees, Beardsley was straight into my starting 11 from the off, and I'm not expecting to hold onto him, I suspect some League 1 clubs will be sniffing around him during the summer.
    Kodalak (A Turkey U-19 international) was signed with a view to the future, but with injuries to my other 2 LB's around February, I brought him in to cover, and he wasn't out of the starting 11 after that. His attributes are relatively poor, but he seems to perform well consistently. Developing well.

Aims for next season are for another top-half finish, to get in a good young ST, and hopefully hang on to Adomah and Beardsley.

Last game of my second season coming up against Histon to make the playoffs! Ridiculously close! Wish me luck!

Last game of my second season coming up against Histon to make the playoffs! Ridiculously close! Wish me luck!

Yikes! Boston FTW glglglgl

Yikes! Boston FTW glglglgl

You think that was tight??? Inspired substitution!!!

£$%£$%£"!"££ Football Manager!!!

What is it with those saved games v03, blah blah???

Anyway, I deleted the wrong file and now I'm back to games 12 instead of the playoff final!

My fault I guess, so tempted to just leave it though!

£$%£$%£"!"££ Football Manager!!!

What is it with those saved games v03, blah blah???

Anyway, I deleted the wrong file and now I'm back to games 12 instead of the playoff final!

My fault I guess, so tempted to just leave it though!

That's a kick in the teeth if there ever was one, bad luck
    Nice Crosaidi, Championship next year it is. How do you think you'll go?

Still in 2nd, Derby are 1 pt ahead in 1st and they are my next match, a must win 6 pointer for us, its 2nd Feb so plenty of games still to play
    If I get promoting alot of my players will get a 25% wage increase so I'll doubt I'll have any funds, I'll just have to try and survive in it. But I'm getting a head of myself

Jaysus, definitely getting ahead of yourself. I thought you'd do well to stay there 1st time around then challenge for the playoffs the year after.
    Good stuff.

• Advertisement

still in L1, a chara :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Finally did it! Took five seasons but I won the league with Spurs :D Can finally give up playing FM until after the LC.

Had a weird five seasons, my points totals where:

1st season: 79 - 3rd
    2nd season: 78 - 3rd
    3rd season: 76 - 4th
    4th season: 65 - 6th
    5th season: 90 - 1st

Slowly built my team up but my god Edin Dzeko is just unbelievable in the game. He had 117 goals in 125 starts. 97 goals in 100 starts in the last two seasons :eek:

Team that won the league was:

Ochoa
    Corluka
    Agger/King
    Bassong
    Bale
    Lennon
    Sissoko
    Palacios
    Young
    Krancjar

Dzeko

Subs: Gomes, Barry, Naughton, Veloso, Crouch, Yaper( I think, can't remember his name, ST from Lyon) Huddlestone.

Chuffed to have won it!

Anyways, won't be around here much until after the LC so best of luck in your FM adventures until then ;) Talk to yous lads.

Media Prediction:
    10/11 - 17th
    11/12 - 24th

League standings:
    10/11 (1st season) - 1st Blue Square North
    11/12 - 2nd Blue Square Premier (Promoted via playoffs)

FA Cup:
    10/11 - 1st Round MK Dons
    11/12 - 1st Round Barnet

FA Trophy:
    10/11 - 4th Round Accrington
    11/12 - 2nd Round Mansfield

Top Goalscorer:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster 29
    11/12 - Andy Brewster 19

Fans Player:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster
    11/12 - Ryan Crowther

Current 1st team:
    GK - Chris Winterton
    DR - Simon Spender
    DL - Matthew Fry
    DC - Stephen Last
    DC - Adam Burton
    DMC - Matt Somner
    MC - Ibrahim Farah
    AMR - Ryan Crowther
    AML - Daniel Bogard
    ST - Lee Bullock
    ST - Bobby Devyne

Delighted to have that season behind me, for reasons you can see if you scroll back through the thread. The club was taken over by a consortium headed by a new owner...great, I thought. Except there was a transfer embargo placed on the club until everything was sorted and when it finally was, I got a message from the new owner saying that it was always his plan to let me go. In the end I got to keep my job thankfully.

As previously posted, I deleted the wrong saved game which was a disaster. It nearly put me back the entire season but, it did mean that I picked up different transfer targets, some of whom were actually stronger than what I had and I finished a very comfortable 2nd in the end. As you can see above, my starting 11 at the end of the season comprised entire of players bought in this season only.

So , onwards and upwards to Coca Cola League 2. I think this season will be much tougher but, I've already strengthened my squad (I'm making mostly free signings at the moment) and would be very happy with a playoff place although, I think promotion would be asking just a bit too much.

I nearly forgot, Boston United are now a fully professional football team :D

Team: Arsenal

League
    09/10 - 1st.
    10/11 - 1st. (on 'Goals For')
    11/12 - 1st.

FA Cup
    09/10 - 3rd Round - Man Utd
    10/11 -4th Round - Man Utd
    11/12 - Winner

League Cup
    09/10 - Semi's - Chelsea
    10/11 - Winner
    11/12 - 4th Round - Chelsea

Champions League
    09/10 - Winner
    10/11 - Semi's - Chelsea
    11/12 - Final - Real Madrid

Other
    10/11 - Euro Super Cup - Winner
    10/11 - World Club Cup - Winner

Where any team listed above is who I was knocked out by.

This season was a very weird one for me, the past two seasons I've barely managed to win the league ahead of Chelsea. But in 11/12 everyone else seemed to fall apart and I had the league won by 24th March with a 24 point cushion!!!
    Was a very weird year in Europe also. After leaving the group I had to get through Barca, Juve and OM to get to the final where Real beat me 1-0 with Akinfeev making the only error he has for me so far... :(

Delighted to have finally won the FA Cup also.

The board didn't even give me a chance to pick my expectations for this season, they automatically expect me to win the league, not too happy with that as I'm doing a bit of squad rebuilding.

As I said before Gourcuff and Kjaer just arrived in the summer (Gourcuff has a fractured skull though :( )

Sagna and Eboue were making noises about leaving so I went on the look out for a decent RB and found a pretty good one, Nicolas N'Koulou he's from the Ivory Coast.
    I managed to get Inter and HSV into a bidding war for Eboue and got 14M for him, pretty good for a 29 year old back up RB and then signed N'Koulou for 18M, he's 23. I don't want to but I may have to let Sagna leave soon, he won't sign a new contract, Barca and Real are both very interested in him so I reckon I can get ~20M for him. Barca just offered me 32M for Clichy aswell, not a hope I'm taking it though.

I had bought a youngish DM called Kacar in my first season for 4.5M, and have just sold him on for 9.5M, technically he was very good but had a 'Natural Fitness' rating of 7, so he was basically exhausted by HT every game. He's gone to Udinese, I reckon the pace of the Italian game will suit him much better. I have one or two replacements in mind but that's not too much of a problem position atm.

Aguero got 14 Goals and 9 Assists in all competitions from January on last season which I was happy with, hopefully he'll settle this season and start finding some serious form.

I'll probably be offloading Arshavin for ~9M very soon, he's 31 now and Nasri has developed to be much better than him.

I have been considering selling Diaby but going to keep him for this season anyway until I see how Gourcuff settles and then make a decision. He's been playing well and holds a Club record for mosts assists in one season, 23.

Akinfeev

Sagna
    Otamendi
    Vermaelen
    Clichy

Song

Fab
    Diaby

Walcott
    Nasri

RVP

Subs:
    Vela
    Ramsey
    Gourcuff
    Eduardo Salvio (AMR, this kid is very good)
    N'Koulou
    Aguero
    Kjaer

Spurs signed Dzeko in my game too and he tore me apart in the League cup quarter finals. He scored 2 and set up 1 in a 4-2 loss for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

SantryRed wrote: »

Yaper( I think, can't remember his name, ST from Lyon)
    Chuffed to have won it!

Anyways, won't be around here much until after the LC so best of luck in your FM adventures until then ;) Talk to yous lads.

Best of luck on the LC

Yannis Tafer is his name, and goalscoring is definitely his game.

Got him on loan at Newcastle at the moment and he's on fire, scored 16 goals in 10 appearances and has 7 assists alongside McCormack(from Cardiff) who has 10 in 10 and 5 assists.

Currently sat on top of the table with Forest tailing me all the way, both unbeaten. Recently lost to Fulham in E.T (119 min, D. Murphy pen) in the League Cup

My team at the moment looks like this:

Harper

Ryan Taylor
    Steven Taylor
    Danny Wilson (17 y.o from Rangers)
    Emiliano Insua (on loan from Liverpool)

Sergey Krivets (BATE)
    Kevin Nolan
    Aaron Ramsey (on loan from Arsenal)
    Gio Dos Santos (on loan from Spurs) currently out for 3 months with a broken arm

Yannis Tafer
    Ross McCormack

Subs:
    Ben Alnwick (Spurs)
    Danny Simpson (on loan from Blackburn)
    Mark Beevers (Sheffield Wednesday)
    Lauturo Acosta (Sevilla)
    Danny Guthrie
    David Healy
    Shola Ameobi

aaron - I'm about 5 seasons in with Roma, let me tell you Danny Wilson becomes one of the best defenders in the game, tried to sign him but got pipped by Porto possibly. 25 million euros I think he cost, and that was around his value too.

I know it was a only against a very poor team in pre-season but thought I'd share this as it's the biggest winning margin I've ever notched up.

Also most goals I've ever seen one player score from Aguero! And he still didn't even get Man of the Match!

Two 10.0 ratings also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aaron - I'm about 5 seasons in with Roma, let me tell you Danny Wilson becomes one of the best defenders in the game, tried to sign him but got pipped by Porto possibly. 25 million euros I think he cost, and that was around his value too.

He's been a rock for me so far. And I only signed him because Werder Bremen offered Nick Otamendi more money than I could afford to.

And at 3 million (1 million plus add ons) he is a real bargin and has age on his side being only 17.

Was a bit hesitant sticking him in the first team so soon. Wanted to give him a few run outs in the cups but when Beevers got sent off, I had to put him in. And haven't regretted it since. Hopefully I can get promoted and hang on to him

• Advertisement

Media Prediction:
    10/11 - 17th
    11/12 - 24th
    12/13 - 24th

League standings:
    10/11 - 1st - Blue Square North
    11/12 - 2nd - Blue Square Premier
    13/14 - 15th - Coca-Cola Football League Two

FA Cup:
    10/11 - 1st Round - MK Dons
    11/12 - 1st Round - Barnet
    12/13 - 3rd Round - Newcastle

Carling Cup:
    12/13 - 1st Round - Carlisle

Johnstone's Trophy:
    12/13 - North Final - Derby

FA Trophy:
    10/11 - 4th Round - Accrington
    11/12 - 2nd Round - Mansfield

Top Goalscorer:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster - 29
    11/12 - Andy Brewster - 19
    12/13 - Stuart Beavon - 21

Fans Player:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster
    11/12 - Ryan Crowther
    12/13 - Gary Silk

Current 1st team:
    GK - Conor Devlin
    DR - Gary Silk
    DL - John White
    DC - Nurettin Köse
    DC - Rhys Bennett
    DMC - Lee Bell

MC - Ibrahim Farah
    AMR - Ryan Gilligan
    AML - Marc Pugh
    ST - Jack Werndly
    ST - Stuart Beavon

I had a very tough season, thankfully I only aimed for mid-table in my expectations for the year with the board. I had a terrible start to the season, just hovering over relegation for weeks, then around the middle of the season, I went on a fantastic run only to slacken off towards the end of the season again. I think I'll aim for the playoffs for this season.

As you can see, I have a high turnover of players every year but, it's necessary to improve my squad.

Advertisement