Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of Your Story - FM 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    I know it was a only against a very poor team in pre-season but thought I'd share this as it's the biggest winning margin I've ever notched up.

Also most goals I've ever seen one player score from Aguero! And he still didn't even get Man of the Match!

Two 10.0 ratings also.

19-0???!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

jasonorr wrote: »
    19-0???!!!???

I know, crazy right?

And 11 goals from Aguero, 4 from Diaby and they both get 10.0 ratings...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I know, crazy right?

And 11 goals from Aguero, 4 from Diaby and they both get 10.0 ratings...

Never seen a 10 before. What's the lowest anyone has seen??? One of my friends bought Fabrizio Fazio (not sure if that's correct) for big money and in his first game he had a stinker, 3.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I brought in a few of my youngsters in for a friendly once, worthless game and one was labelled a "wonderkid".

He gave away 2 penalties, got a yellow for one of those fouls, was at fault for 2 more goals and gave away numerous fouls. He got a rating of 2.3. Lord knows how he didn't get sent off.

Sent him off on loan very quickly to an affiliate.

cashville wrote: »
    Never seen a 10 before. What's the lowest anyone has seen??? One of my friends bought Fabrizio Fazio (not sure if that's correct) for big money and in his first game he had a stinker, 3.4.

Federico Fazio? From Sevilla?

Benn trying to get him in this game but they won't budge, I've offered up to 40M and they still won't accept.

• Advertisement

Federico Fazio? From Sevilla?

Benn trying to get him in this game but they won't budge, I've offered up to 40M and they still won't accept.

That's the one, in fairness he turned out to be very very good, just had a complete 'mare of a debut!

Right, thought I'd give ye a little update on how my Newcastle team are doing.

I'm currently top of the Championship by 4 points but have a game in hand over all of my rivals (Middlesborough, Sheffield United and Bristol City)

Yannis Tafer continues to bang in the goals 18 in 24, had several niggling injuries and was used from the bench more than starting.

Have my other main striker Ross McCormack out for 4 months with a broken foot.

My captain fantastic Steven Taylor is on fire, 10 goals in 20 appearances and I have scored an incredible 12 goals from corners

I have just reached the semi finals of the League cup against Arsenal. Toughie but I hope to nick it as that seems my speciality now, having already disposed of Villa and Liverpool in ET.

However I am looking for advice on a striker to bring in for McCormack. David Healy isn't doing anything and couldn't hit a barn door. Ameobi is there just in case and Carroll and Ranger are backup to the backup. I have 4 million to spend as I have just sold Alan Smith and a few reserves. Any recommendations?

And have signed two young midfielders Gavlan (17) from a club in Mexico and Ananidze (17 y.o Georgian) from Spartak Moscow both with real promise but due to the stupid laws they can't move for another 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Started a game with Ipswich Town a week or two ago. Finished the 1st season in 5th place, got promoted through the playoffs after a dodgy 1-0 win against Reading in the semi-final and then beating Sheff Utd 15-14 on penalties in the final.

Board gave me £8.5m for players with the instruction to avoid relegation, currently 14th after 7 games but only 3 points between me and 20th, 2 points between me and relegation.

Current First 11:

GK Silvu Lung Jr
    RB Daniel Opare
    LB Lucas Neill
    CB Marek Suchy
    CB Berti Glauber
    RW Zoltan Gera
    CM Abou Diaby
    CM Jem Karacan
    LW Lee Martin
    CF Vaclav Kadlec
    CF Tamas Priskin

Subs:
    GK Richard Wright/Jersey Dudek
    CF Christian Vieri
    CM Grant Leadbitter
    CM Owen Garvan
    AMRLC Jonathan Walters
    DLWBLCL Marek Cech
    DLC Damien Delaney

bit of an eye opener in pre-season when my assitant informed me that we have the least technical, slowest, smallest, weakest squad in the division. I think I probably got promoted a year too soon and it's going to be tough to stay up unless some rich guy buys us!

You don't seem to be going too badly, but I'm sure it will be a tough season! Did you spend any of the 8.5 on those players or do you have money left/targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

You don't seem to be going too badly, but I'm sure it will be a tough season! Did you spend any of the 8.5 on those players or do you have money left/targets?

Yep, budget is almost gone I've <£1m left in the kitty for January

Brought in Diaby for £4m (he was transfer listed at Arsenal)
    Zoltan Gera cost me £2.5m
    Lucas Neill on a free
    Silvu Lung JR was £1m but he has a 6 star rating and he's only 19/20
    Jem Karacan was £2m from Reading
    Marek Cech was £1.2 from West Ham

I bought Opare, Vieri, Glauber,Kadlec and Suchy at the start of the first season. I've already had to turn down a bid from Barca for Kadlec.

During the summer I cleared out a lot of players, but for very little money. Bruce, Stead, Blistekan, Wright, Quinn as well as host of young and reserve players all shown the door. I did get £2.5m for Stead but it's over 36 months, the rest barely generated £2m between them.

Still I've already beaten Derby & newcastle in the league this year and they're the prime relegation candidates with myself so 6 pointer games.

• Advertisement

Iago wrote: »
    Brought in Diaby for £4m (he was transfer listed at Arsenal)

That's a seriously good buy man.
    I'm in my fourth season with Arsenal and Diaby is still one of my starting midfielders and holds a club record for most assists in a season.

I found to get the most out of him play him in CM and set him to 'Advanced Playmaker'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

playing with spurs and bought a 16 yr old called el shaarawy and played him for my first sason at amr when he was still 16, he got 45 goals for the season... wonderkid i think so!! broke his leg three times in succession during next couple seasons sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Right, thought I'd give ye a little update on how my Newcastle team are doing.

I'm currently top of the Championship by 4 points but have a game in hand over all of my rivals (Middlesborough, Sheffield United and Bristol City)

Yannis Tafer continues to bang in the goals 18 in 24, had several niggling injuries and was used from the bench more than starting.

Have my other main striker Ross McCormack out for 4 months with a broken foot.

My captain fantastic Steven Taylor is on fire, 10 goals in 20 appearances and I have scored an incredible 12 goals from corners

I have just reached the semi finals of the League cup against Arsenal. Toughie but I hope to nick it as that seems my speciality now, having already disposed of Villa and Liverpool in ET.

However I am looking for advice on a striker to bring in for McCormack. David Healy isn't doing anything and couldn't hit a barn door. Ameobi is there just in case and Carroll and Ranger are backup to the backup. I have 4 million to spend as I have just sold Alan Smith and a few reserves. Any recommendations?

And have signed two young midfielders Gavlan (17) from a club in Mexico and Ananidze (17 y.o Georgian) from Spartak Moscow both with real promise but due to the stupid laws they can't move for another 2 years
    Bought a kid called ghadi with a cuople diff teams been good for me normally around 1.8million but gets 11-12 goals a season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Team: Truro City

League standings:
    10/11 - 8th BSS
    11/12 - 4th(Playoff Semi-Finals) BSS

Top Goalscorer:
    10/11 - Danny Kedwell 17
    11/12 - Kal Naismith 27

Fans Player:
    10/11 - Ryan Carolan
    11/12 - Kal Naismith

Current 1st team:
    GK - James Shea
    DL - Ryan Carolan
    DR - Paul Wiltshire
    DC - Ben Gerring
    DC - Charles Fisher
    ML - Damien McCrory
    MR - Simon Richman
    MC - Thomas Pinault
    MC - Lloyd Kerry
    ST - Carl Walshe
    ST - Kai Naismith

Was 3-1 up in the playoff and destroyed myself by conceding 2 in the last 17th minutes, then another in extra time. Sickened.

^^ Yikes, sickener. Nothing worse than when they throw it away.

Team: Boston Utd

Media Prediction:
    10/11 - 17th
    11/12 - 24th
    12/13 - 24th
    13/14 - 24th

League standings:
    10/11 - 1st - Blue Square North
    11/12 - 2nd - Blue Square Premier
    12/13 - 15th - Coca-Cola Football League Two
    13/14 - 2nd - Coca-Cola Football League Two (automatic promotion)

FA Cup:
    10/11 - 1st Round - MK Dons
    11/12 - 1st Round - Barnet
    12/13 - 3rd Round - Newcastle
    13/14 - 2nd Round - Oldham

Carling Cup:
    12/13 - 1st Round - Carlisle
    13/14 - 1st Round - Scunthorpe

Johnstone's Trophy:
    12/13 - North Final - Derby
    13/14 - 2nd Round - Hartlepool

FA Trophy:
    10/11 - 4th Round - Accrington
    11/12 - 2nd Round - Mansfield

Top Goalscorer:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster - 29
    11/12 - Andy Brewster - 19
    12/13 - Stuart Beavon - 21
    13/14 - Jack Werndly - 23

Fans Player:
    10/11 - Andy Brewster
    11/12 - Ryan Crowther
    12/13 - Gary Silk
    13/14 - Ashley Corker

Current 1st team:
    GK - Conor Devlin
    DR - Dale Bennett
    DL - Ashley Corker
    DC - Jermaine Johnson
    DC - Ian Graham
    DMC - Javier Carreras *
    MC - Steve James *

AMR - Dale Hunt
    AML - Jack Evans
    ST - Jack Werndly
    ST - Stuart Beavon

Bold indicates new signings and * indicates loan signings.

I started loaning players this season and it worked wonders, I had a very strong season and am in a good position this year too. Very limited transfer budget, after gaining promotion I got £5k as opposed to the £95k I got the previous season.

I've taken on 4 loanees for League One and have started off very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Team: Gillingham

Season: 12/13

League Position: 2nd (Promoted)

Top Goalscorer: John Guidetti (35)

Fan's Player of the year: John Guidetti

Gillingham Team of the Year:

GK:Steve Harper
    DR:Godwin Antwi
    DL:Danny Murphy
    DC:Gavin Peers
    DC:Pat Kanyuka
    DM:Francis Coquelin
    MC:Stuart Lewis
    MC:Magnus Eikrem
    AM:Dylan McGeouch
    ST:John Guidetti
    ST:Luca Senicanin

Transfers 13/14 (so far)

In
    Kevin Nolan - Free
    Steve Harper - Free
    Paul McShame - Free
    El hadji Diouf - Free
    Petr Kreml - Free
    Steven N'Zonzi - Free
    Andros Townsend - Loan

Out
    Jake Kean - €30K
    John Guidetti - €2M

Guidetti had a season left on his contract and was huffing and puffing 'bout moving to a bigger club, so I cash in on him. The money keeps me out of the red with players wages.
    Also signed a new 3 yr contract €2000/week
    Coaching staff additions Quinton Fortune and Arthur Numan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Paul McShame - Free

Intentional typos FTW :D

Erm, just a quick question...how many do you consider a good goal haul from corners?

Cos so far in my first season with Newcastle (still 6 games to go) I have scored 27:eek:

Finally the first season is over

Team: Newcastle

Season: 09/10

Media Prediction: 1st

League Position: 1st

FA Cup:
    09/10 - Winners v Everton 7-6 on penalties

League Cup
    09/10 - Quarter Finals - Arsenal

Top Goalscorer
    09/10 - Yannis Tafer - 32

Most Assists
    09/10 - Sergey Krivets - 36

Fans Player of the Year
    09/10 - Stephen Taylor

Current 1st Team:
    GK: Joe Hart
    DR: Ryan Taylor
    DL: Emiliano Insua*
    DC: Stephen Taylor
    DC: Danny Wilson
    DM: Jack Rodwell
    CM: Aaron Ramsey*
    CM: Sergio Canales*
    AMR: Sergey Krivets
    AML: Chris Brunt
    ST: Edin Dzeko

Bold=new signing
    *=loan signing

I started with a hefty budget of 15 million. I spent 10 of that getting Dzeko who was transfer listed. I somehow managed to get Canales on loan from Santander. I brought Insua and Ramsey back on loan after they had done so well for me in my promotion bid. I managed to unsettle Rodwell and paid 3 million plus a lot of future incentives. And Joe Hart was a small amount as he too was transfer listed.

I've also sold a few players like Pancrate, Lovenkrands, Carroll, Kadar, Ameobi, Smith, Kevin Nolan etc. to fund moves for Diaby, Plessis, Ochoa (hasn't arrived yet) and a few others to bolster my backups.

My bench looks like so:
    GK: Steve Harper
    DL: Jose Enrique
    DC: James Tomkins
    CM: Danny Guthrie
    CM: Damien Plessis
    AM: Abou Diaby
    ST: Yannis Tafer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I've got a great game going with Leeds Utd at the moment , Have them back in the premiership, won back to back promotion over two seasons and finished 7'th last season by beating Man utd on the final day of the season so we have Uefa cup football next season. Basicly I've reformed the team with young players but good players, Mainly from ireland, England and Brazil (I set up great scouts over there) and got some brilliant prospects. Team at the moment is this.

Scott Carson

Jao Paulo
    Richard Dunne
    Mattew Killgallon
    Zuiverloon

Tinga
    Micheal Johnson

Nic Barizite
    Sambou Yatabare
    Milos Krasic

Edwin Dzeko

Subs:
    Santa Cruz
    Micheal Owen
    Matic
    Nathan Baker
    Neinzhio
    Richtie de laet
    Alan Keegan

Plenty of prospects looking to break into the first team aswell 16-20 year olds and re gens alot of them impressing me in pre season, so i'm really happy with the options I have next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

First time playing FM since 2007 game so said I'd start of in the EPL.

Manchester City

Just finished my 3rd seasonand have won all the trophies possible.

Premier League - 1
    FA Cup - 2
    Carling Cup - 3
    Community Shield - 1
    Euro Super Cup - 1
    Europa League - 1
    Champions League - 1

Also set new records for longest winning streak, longest unbeaten streak, and well a tonne of other things.

Now onto starting this go from the bottom to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Team: Liverpool

League standings:
    09/10 - 1st
    10/11 - 4th
    11/12 - 5th
    12/13 - 3rd
    13/14 - 1st

Other trophies:
    10/11 - Community Shield
    10/11 - Euro Super Cup
    10/11 - Club World Cup
    11/12 - League Cup runner up

Europe:
    09/10 - Winner
    10/11 - Lost in Champions League semi final
    11/12 - Lost in Champions League quarter final
    12/13 - Lost in Europa League final
    13/14 - Lost in Champions League last 16

Top Goalscorer:
    09/10 - Torres 51
    10/11 - Torres 46
    11/12 - Torres 39
    12/13 - Torres 38
    13/14 - Torres 38

Fans Player:
    09/10 - Torres
    10/11 - Torres
    11/12 - Bruno Alves
    12/13 - Zarate
    13/14 - Torres

Current 1st team:
    GK - Pepe Reina
    RB - Camilo Zuniga
    LB - Emiliano Insua
    CB - Mamadou Sakho
    CB - Bruno Alves
    CM - Javier Mascherano
    CM - Miguel Veloso
    LAM - Mauro Zarate
    CAM - Steven Gerrard/Ibrahim Afellay
    RAM - Renato Augusto
    ST - Fernando Torres

First season was brilliant, won the league and champions league unexpectedly despite only spending €5m that season on transfers, Torres scored a ridiculous amount of goals. Considered resigning and maybe going to another club after that season as failed to see what more else I could do, but ended up staying.

Pretty much all went down hill from their, have been spending ridiculous amounts of money (€247m in total) and have brought in some good players to replace the now retired Carragher and aging Steven Gerrard, sign a lot of youngesters every season for around the million mark and end up selling them for about €5/6 m few seasons later which gives me a bit of cash. But things picked up last night when I won the league again :cool:

A problem which I seem to have though is every season a few players complain about my lack of discipline, dont know how to change or fix that though.

The top teams in England are generally myself, Man City, Newcastle and Spurs every season, and interestingly enough Man Utd have finished 11th/12th the past 2 seasons now, and Chelsea havn't qualified for CL in past 3 years. Napoli and Genoa are the 2 big dogs over in Italy, despite Juventus being current European champions and in Spain, Barcelona and Real still maintain their grasp on Spanish football.

Ireland also got to the World Cup final in 2014 only to lose 1-0 to Argentina:(

^^ Nice centre half pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Team: AS Roma

League standings:
    09/10 - 6th
    10/11 - 2nd
    11/12 - 3rd

Cup:
    11/12 - Winner

Europe:
    09/10 - Lost in 2nd Knockout round of Europa
    10/11 - Lost in Semi-final of Europa
    11/12 - Lost in Semi-final of Champions League

Top Goalscorer:
    09/10 - Vucinic 17
    10/11 - Vucinic 39
    11/12 - Vucinic 28

Fans Player:
    09/10 - Vucinic
    10/11 - Vucinic
    11/12 - Diego Benaglio

Current 1st team:
    GK - Diego Benaglio
    RB - Marco Motta
    LB - Alessandro Crescenzi
    CB - Phillippe Mexes
    CB - Dennis Appiah
    MD - Daniele De Rossi
    MD - Andrea Poli
    MD - Nuri Sahin
    AM - Yoann Gourcuff
    ST - Mirko Vucinic
    ST - Edin Dzeko

Dodgy first season, 2nd season did really well and pushed Inter to the last few games. It helps I got 70 million TV rights so had a hefty budget. 3rd season the lad I'm playing the game with won as AC Milan, I finished 3rd on goal difference behind Juve. I had 5-6 good midfielders but getting rid of Pizzaro and Perotta is retiring, so I definitely need to stengthen now.

Was delighted getting to CL semis, in fairness I got Hamburg and a weakened Arsenal team in the knockout stage so I was lucky. If you're wondering how I got Dzeko and Gourcuff - they got unsettled by bids being refused and I moved in with my massive wads of cash! Has anyone signed Hugo Lloris??? I bid 50 million and it got rejected, got Benaglio instead but he's pretty good.

Anyone got an interesting game going you'd like to share?

is he any use for you, i bought him for man city and he has been very disappointing so far

First time playing FM since 2007 game so said I'd start of in the EPL.

Manchester City

Just finished my 3rd seasonand have won all the trophies possible.

Premier League - 1
    FA Cup - 2
    Carling Cup - 3
    Community Shield - 1
    Euro Super Cup - 1
    Europa League - 1
    Champions League - 1

Also set new records for longest winning streak, longest unbeaten streak, and well a tonne of other things.

Now onto starting this go from the bottom to the top.

its a great job the city one:)

Irishcrx wrote: »
    I've got a great game going with Leeds Utd at the moment , Have them back in the premiership, won back to back promotion over two seasons and finished 7'th last season by beating Man utd on the final day of the season so we have Uefa cup football next season. Basicly I've reformed the team with young players but good players, Mainly from ireland, England and Brazil (I set up great scouts over there) and got some brilliant prospects. Team at the moment is this.

Scott Carson

Jao Paulo
    Richard Dunne
    Mattew Killgallon
    Zuiverloon

Tinga
    Micheal Johnson

Nic Barizite
    Sambou Yatabare
    Milos Krasic

Edwin Dzeko

Subs:
    Santa Cruz
    Micheal Owen
    Matic
    Nathan Baker
    Neinzhio
    Richtie de laet
    Alan Keegan

Plenty of prospects looking to break into the first team aswell 16-20 year olds and re gens alot of them impressing me in pre season, so i'm really happy with the options I have next year.

has the home grown ruling not scuppered any of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Finally the first season is over

Team: Newcastle

Season: 09/10

Media Prediction: 1st

League Position: 1st

FA Cup:
    09/10 - Winners v Everton 7-6 on penalties

League Cup
    09/10 - Quarter Finals - Arsenal

Top Goalscorer
    09/10 - Yannis Tafer - 32

Most Assists
    09/10 - Sergey Krivets - 36

Fans Player of the Year
    09/10 - Stephen Taylor

Current 1st Team:
    GK: Joe Hart
    DR: Ryan Taylor
    DL: Emiliano Insua*
    DC: Stephen Taylor
    DC: Danny Wilson
    DM: Jack Rodwell
    CM: Aaron Ramsey*
    CM: Sergio Canales*
    AMR: Sergey Krivets
    AML: Chris Brunt
    ST: Edin Dzeko

Bold=new signing
    *=loan signing

I started with a hefty budget of 15 million. I spent 10 of that getting Dzeko who was transfer listed. I somehow managed to get Canales on loan from Santander. I brought Insua and Ramsey back on loan after they had done so well for me in my promotion bid. I managed to unsettle Rodwell and paid 3 million plus a lot of future incentives. And Joe Hart was a small amount as he too was transfer listed.

I've also sold a few players like Pancrate, Lovenkrands, Carroll, Kadar, Ameobi, Smith, Kevin Nolan etc. to fund moves for Diaby, Plessis, Ochoa (hasn't arrived yet) and a few others to bolster my backups.

My bench looks like so:
    GK: Steve Harper
    DL: Jose Enrique
    DC: James Tomkins
    CM: Danny Guthrie
    CM: Damien Plessis
    AM: Abou Diaby
    ST: Yannis Tafer

I really am sorry to say this , its completely unlike me.I know Champ/FM inside out and am actually part of the Irish research team ! Anyway my point is that you cheated!

Sarge wrote: »
    I really am sorry to say this , its completely unlike me.I know Champ/FM inside out and am actually part of the Irish research team ! Anyway my point is that you cheated!

Oooh, fight fight fight :D

In what way? Db editor?

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote: »

any chance you could make gary twigg as good as he really is:D

Advertisement